Please close arena at night

Comments

• divineauroras
    divineauroras Posts: 138 Arc User
    Sameness of gear and fairness are not the same. Someone PAYING more or PLAYING more than you do, doesn't somehow make the system for arena less FAIR to you. You will be disadvantaged (due to lack of effort or wallet). Yes, I made a long list that requires TIME + work or MONEY + short time. You can't HONESTLY expect to be at the same level as decent players if you won't do either.

The only thing thats fundamentally changed in your list is the players' rotten attitude towards PvP.

Has the game changed? With more updates, sure...but ask yourself this....was arena EVER REALLY that rewarding?? I remember doing months and months of PvP and NEVER getting gears. IT was all for fun/ego. IMO the only major cripple in arena was the lack of balance (due to evasion builds). Evasion countered OP arena toons and CDAM builds.

All the "problems" with arena can be fixed by more people doing it. (Hence the suggestion of an arena event, or as VS said specific arena times). Thats closer to what we had before....and quite frankly it worked better. (being able to queue from home server helped also, but IMO XS was very active at first too....due to more players desiring PvP).
    SirFanion.jpg
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage), DivineAuror (Divine Priest), SirFanion (Elemental Warrior); Allied with Rhondelyn and DarqueShadow
  • matrye
    matrye Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2016

All the "problems" with arena can be fixed by more people doing it. (Hence the suggestion of an arena event, or as VS said specific arena times). Thats closer to what we had before....and quite frankly it worked better. (being able to queue from home server helped also, but IMO XS was very active at first too....due to more players desiring PvP).

People don't want to do something that's not rewarding, I agree. They want arena gear for bragging rights or the possibility of making a second set of gear to not lose dps in PvE and still survive in FF. Where the rest of us could que all day and lose majority or win majority it would still be fun and worth my time. A lot of the people who used to PvP for fun now have long quit. xPhil Juuz XingCai Connides Quanzi beachbro Ganymede BlackOutT Cristallea and more... From LH.

Still think time brackets would help NA arena as long as they don't clash with anything important like GT GT2 Invasion Lost City or Major WB's. (Because I know people who do these and won't do anything else until they are dead.) Removing xserver won't help. We wouldn't be able to party with people across servers. And random que arena is not a solution.
    Salynn - Divine Priest (Lionheart)
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    Tha major problem was and is still the misguided "matching". I dont have any issues loosing to a superior PLAYER but loosing to the ever same superior (or stupider) wallet is quite different.
    Where personal skill does not count at all there is only purse versus purse. How this is "fun" is beyond me.

"back in those days" arena was a method to farm guild zeal, already suffering from the malfunctioning "matching" and heavy downfarm exploiting, an issue that has never been adressed and still persists, even worsened by "gloop farming" now.
    We went in to get wiped, only for the guild. We never expected and never experienced "fun" with always the same OP toons on the other side. Why even try to fight when skill does not count at all and one of the super pvp names enters the room ? There was a possibility with carnival weapons to get at least a little starting edge, but that has been removed.

So the only thing that another bunch of playing limitations will generate is concentrating the abusers AKA "gloop farmers/downfarmers" and give those who are not interested at all in a fight but in oneshotting a bit more of cannonfodder.
    This wont generate any fun except for those oneshot OP heroes, it will just make the system exploiters adapt but it can never ever smooth out the main issues that arena suffers from (apart from the ongoing technical issues on EU arena, that is).

- not rewarding
    - matching issues
    - balance issues of all kinds
    - boring since you get perma oneshotted by ever the same people/boring since you perma oneshot ever the same people

I dont see how any of those aforementioned basic issues get resolved by cramping players into tiny, annoying timeframes.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User

Sameness of gear and fairness are not the same. Someone PAYING more or PLAYING more than you do, doesn't somehow make the system for arena less FAIR to you. You will be disadvantaged (due to lack of effort or wallet). Yes, I made a long list that requires TIME + work or MONEY + short time. You can't HONESTLY expect to be at the same level as decent players if you won't do either.

The only thing thats fundamentally changed in your list is the players' rotten attitude towards PvP.

Has the game changed? With more updates, sure...but ask yourself this....was arena EVER REALLY that rewarding?? I remember doing months and months of PvP and NEVER getting gears. IT was all for fun/ego. IMO the only major cripple in arena was the lack of balance (due to evasion builds). Evasion countered OP arena toons and CDAM builds.

We all understand that people CS or play to get stronger than others, but this 1 shot festival became an annoyance to everyone and you cannot blame the casuals for it. (Best example are PVE Instances, pt wipe lets say 10 times and its 100% sure 1 or more people will give up (and honestly mainly the OP-s are pissed off first))

-Casuals cannot do arena because of the monsters lurking in the que.
    -Monsters cant do arena because casuals are afraid/tired/not interested.

This means arena is dead as long as this wont change.

You are right on 2 things tho:

1. X-server was awesome when it was new
    2. Increasing the numbers of active arena users will solve the problem.

The problem with this, that x-server was good because no one cared for scores after a reset and 80% of the people were solo que. This bought balance to the ranks. When majority reached around 2k score, winning became important and monsters started to separate into monster teams, leaving the casuals as cannonfodders. Casuals got bothered of the lack of progress and success, and stopped doing arena altogether cuz the fun is gone.

A few things however can aid this:

1. Remove the monsters somehow so they wont ever fight against casuals,only against each other. (will **** off monsters,casuals starting arena)
    2. Boost casuals up to the monsters level. (will **** off monsters, casuals starting arena)
    3. Force/Bribe casuals to go into the grinder (if the reward is too great to ignore, it will **** off basicly everyone and they starting arena but they will exploit the **** out of everything to get what they want pretty much like in FF. If the reward is lame,its pointless)
    4. Make arena solo que only. (basicly only **** off a very small portion of players who like to play with certain people and wont solve our problem completely)
    5. Change the Win/Loss ratio (awesome for everyone but reaching high score will be easy,hence wont last long)
    giphy.gif
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    You just said imcreasing the players solves the problem, concentrating the players by having smaller opening types is a realistic way to make this happen.

All your other suggestions are unrealistic.
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Well, since FF rewards you if you win or not, same can be done for Arena.

Like a quest that gives you few points if you partecipate, then the usual score if you win, but no loss on score upon a lost match.

Sure someone will just afk there, but the point is more ppl will do Arena for sure and maybe in the long run ppl will start loving it again. Tbh, at this point, we need as much incentives as we can to lure ppl to play this game!

Besides the p2w HUGE issue here, the whole Arena pvp system must be reworked, because it's a total fail: it's too old school, in the wrong meaning of that. The Gloop system is very bad as well, also can be gained only in Arena. If you're the 1hko party, you do not only feel frustrated for the 1shot itself, for the fact you feel like an alt party score feeder, but also for Gloop feeder as well.

Point is the more you win the more you get stronger, but if you lose you are HUGELY punished: if this may work in a fair game, this issue coupled with p2w system make ppl leave. And FREEMIUM doesn't help there too...

I have seen tons of friends that have left this game simply due to Arena: pointless to improve if you face a wall. And - besides that - they even moved to crappier games maybe, but where Arena was a fun place to just try your abilities.

The few times I matched ppl of my lvl I enjoyed, but 95% of the time I find myself watching tv for hours before seeing a match or having so short matches it's a troll: 3m waiting time for 30s battle? REALLY??!!

-----

On a personal note, but maybe it's just me: I know why they added the auto confirm upon queue in Arena, but due to the huge waiting times happened to me I entered, lost and exit the battle without even noticing... Guess I'm not to blame - not the only one - since my attention staring the screen after 2 hours is a bit low... *self trolled*
  • divinityscarlet
    divinityscarlet Posts: 63 Arc User
    Score was always important somehow, but you'd think now that everyone needs only 2050 score to get a full set of purple arena gear, they'd try to play more. The matching system is horribly broken, because with my 2530 score and my team's 2350 score we matched against a team with 1300 - 1500 - 1500. And even if you brought gear score into matching, I still see people with level 4 wings and such taking off their entire gearset when they apply arena.

What do you define as a monster? I'm a divine pvp priest, I can count on 1 hand the people capable of killing me 1v1. I have nothing special in terms of gear to show for that, however. Normal arena gear, normal 12v12 rings and neck, and elemental boots for HP. My resistances are 92-95 roughly. I just know my class. Similarly, VelvetStrike only has a crit dam golden ring thus far. Everything else he has is champ gear and elemental boots, but people consider him to be the most "monstrous" I guess. Basically it means it can be narrowed down to anything that can beat a "casual" becomes a monster and should be removed.
    At this point, I play with VelvetStrike because he's my boyfriend irl, it'd be natural for me to enjoy playing with him in particular. iLikeBigGuns and AuroOraA have been my friends in this game for the past 5 years; where others simply didn't last, they're still my best friend and will continue to be.

I'm going to have to agree with Fanion in the end, people just have a rotten attitude towards pvp. All I see these days is rage and QQ everywhere. I dislike those people a lot, because the people who QQ at me now for making Velvet near unkillable are the same people who laughed in my face when I was a newly re-rolled priest with level 1 wings and blue arena gears trying to get purples. You know who played with me all through to 2500 back then? Ultra title MM iLikeBigGuns and best priest in Illyfue AuroOraA as rebel. They are the nicest people I've ever met, but not many people know that because they just see "monsters" like you do. If you were to ask them for help like 2050 score or so, they actually would do it. Same goes for me, when I match against people who are 1000 score below me, I want to give my spot to them so they can get their score easier, but no one ever asks anything from us, just weh weh weh you ruin arena wehhhh so I guess nevermind my sympathy came and went.

If there were ever a fun event to randomize 3v3 and have a lot of people come together and just choose people they wanna party with for fun, I'd be all for that. I don't care at all if I win or lose, and if 1 party ends up being too strong then we can switch some people up again to make it more even. We did it once with 6v6 where 6 party leaders each got a turn to select one person from the pool available until all 6 ended up with a proper party that would start queueing. It was great for as long as it lasted and I'd love to do it again sometime.

TL;DR I agree with SirFanion and minimizing the arena times would at least force people into certain timeframes instead of spreading them all out through the day and night where nobody gets matches cause they're essentially dodging everyone else on purpose.

• senrin
    Well, no, average ppl are not at your lvl, because the good ones left pvp already.

Only pve geared ppl are left and Arena is a source of 3 yummy yummy quests, so compared to ppl with at least normal pvp spec, maxed Anima and Relic, full pet buffs, dedicated Arena chars/trees, 90+ resist or mast, full augmented and trasmuted set, yes, you're monsters.

And noone said to remove ops from Arena or pvp, in fact ppl simply avoid you, hence your asking for more blood to suck.

I said it again: it's game's design's fault, ppl you are blind and deaf and just keep on stubbornly on your way.

-----

On a side note: yes, there're ppl of your lvl you can face: the same 4 or 5 ppl day after day. It's pvp after all. You want pvp after all. Can't just be happy and fight the same ppl all day long? Why the rant then? If noone else is your lvl, better afking then wasting time, that's for both sides...

More ppl = more fun? NO.

More ppl fo my lvl (whateve it is) = more fun? YES!!

-----

6v6 has never really be considered "pro pvp": it's too crowded for that tiny space.

-----

Ok ok ok, let close Arena at night and morning, let it open few hours only.

-----

But then do not dare saying smth like "OMG Arena is dead", because many of us warned you this ain't the solution.
  • edira
    edira Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    You pro 'close arena at night' people don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter if arena is open just at a specific time it won't change ****! If you try forcing night arena farming people or people that avoid you on purpose in fixed timeframes they probably rather quit going arena at all. It's what I would do if I still had any interests in going in there. But hey, since I don't even care for arena anymore be my guest and try to pursuade domino to get this change done and have fun as long as it lasts... xD​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • divinityscarlet
    senrin said:

Well, no, average ppl are not at your lvl, because the good ones left pvp already.

Only pve geared ppl are left and Arena is a source of 3 yummy yummy quests, so compared to ppl with at least normal pvp spec, maxed Anima and Relic, full pet buffs, dedicated Arena chars/trees, 90+ resist or mast, full augmented and trasmuted set, yes, you're monsters.

And noone said to remove ops from Arena or pvp, in fact ppl simply avoid you, hence your asking for more blood to suck.

I said it again: it's game's design's fault, ppl you are blind and deaf and just keep on stubbornly on your way.

Actually, yes, let me quote the person who said it: "1. Remove the monsters somehow so they wont ever fight against casuals,only against each other. (will **** off monsters,casuals starting arena)" That's why I asked what defines a monster? I've met plenty Ultra players that got oneshot or played really badly. You can't define by stats, that's the thing. If you do, that means you're putting these Ultras or high-stat people in a cage with people like me I guess, which wouldn't solve anything because they'd also cry unfair. It's a whole new level of back-and-forth arguing, but my point is you can't define people by stats or cs, because playstyle also comes into it.

I got facestomped by people I thought were monsters too, and I wanted to be better, now those same people barely scratch me anymore. And I'm not saying I csed a lot to do that either, because it's spread over the past 5 years. In my opinion it's exciting to get hit hard. I still remember a ctf where I respawned and got an instant one-shot from Haffsbard. Getting hit by Develich on DU and dying in his aoe like I'm canon fodder. Duelling VS is seeing my divine shield get broken in 1 hit and being two-shotted by dark nightmare right after. iLikeBigGuns can keep me cc'd so much that all I can do is purify while he tears away my HP with burst of rage. Even if it's disheartening, it also means I can still improve my char to survive all that. I don't know why it makes other people roll over and give up and just complain about unbalanced etc.

It's sad that people think we're looking for blood to suck. I look for competition. My res anima is not maxed and I haven't even spent any gold on it thus far, just training with soul gold. My relic is not yet max level and is only a type 2. My augments are decent, nothing extraordinary there, just re-IDing. Some of my transmutes could be updated. My resistance is what I shoved all the gold I made in the past 5 years into. You can obtain the same gear as me by getting 2050 arena score. My character by herself is utterly useless and exists to feed orbs in ctf/12v12 situations, but I don't get mad about that (and it happens a lot) but that's just what I signed up for.

In my opinion I think most of the casuals have created this weird barrier where they don't dare to speak to the stronger people and just be like "hey can I do 3v3 with you" because that never happens anymore. I'm actually a very helpful person so if someone asked me to help them with score, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But they kinda skip that part these days and go straight to "I can't get score cause of you" or "I won't try because people like you are playing"

• pinkette1#7450
    pinkette1#7450 Posts: 344 Arc User
    i always wanted to face the strongest char even when i was much weaker. Im still quite weak but improved a lot and still here to face the strongest. but the fact is : most arena player left so only a few are still here. The other, even stronger than my char, never enjoyed arena competition, and always have a reason not too. You ll get only people pointing the finger at cs or stuff like that now. So be ready to fight most of time the same people, and be ready, i will get stronger and kick ya **** XD
    Hebergeur d'image
  • anyadpicsaja
    edited June 2016
    "I've met plenty Ultra players that got oneshot or played really badly. You can't define by stats, that's the thing. If you do, that means you're putting these Ultras or high-stat people in a cage with people like me I guess, which wouldn't solve anything because they'd also cry unfair."

You are right,i cant. The game can however, "Player score (includes mastery, resistance levels, anima, relic, gears etc etc)" dont know if you noticed we have something like that but if anything can define if you are a monster to someone or not, thats it.

You know what, i know the PERFECT SOLUTION for all:

Make a new que system which is ONLY based on that player score, ignore arena score overall. You only get the same/similar powered enemies, you got your desired challenge, casuals got fair pvp. Everyone is happy, according to the points mentioned.
    Can even reduce the timeframe the arena is opened with this system,yeah it would be great.

And since of course someone would try exploit it by removing gears once inside the arena to get easier matches:
    Komogs Memory instance have the key for it, the moment u change/remove any gear it disconnects you from the instance. Problem solved.

All key element is there, should not be hard to make a system like this.

Tell me just 1 part of this which is unfair, just 1.

Tired of monsters? Unequip/change gears and que, voila. You got lower powered enemies. Got bored? Leave, change gears again and que against monsters again.
    (Dont tell me its unfair cuz not everyone can play their character as they should on that player score level. Letting him/her massacre a bunch of nubs just cuz of raw power without any skill isnt better, these people need to learn and not make others life miserable)
    This way you can only increase your arena score by winning against people who are on the same power level as you.
    giphy.gif
  • senrin
    Divillae keeps on NOT mentioning her beloved sin has a pretty decent weapon, let's say the BEST Illyfue sin weapon paired with a MAXED dark Anima, that's alone a nice amount of dmg to legitly brag a a lot about, rightfully (hell, even VS posted his weapon on Forum, check it out).

-----

Game is based on gear, even if you watch pvp videos you see it doesn't require 3 years of hardcore training to master the 5 - 9 skills a class spams. Needs a bit to understand how it works, not ages, not that complicated. You do not have to aim, can't cast while moving, so... Well, an easy but enjoyable environment, but complicated not at all.

-----

Help or not, what's the matter after all? You might help ppl reaching 2050 score, someone else just do it at night - even better not stealing your precious time: same results.

-----

Still blind and deaf concerning the FREEMIUM and imbalance overall that have rotten the game, complaining about an attitude due to the system itself.

-----

You have players of your tier to face: the same 5 or 6 ppl: enjoy it! Isn't pvp after all?
  • nickvv
    All of those giving suggestions of things that wont change unless china does it. We have our own customized times in cross server conpared to china l, we can actually alter these sort of easilly. Theres plenty of OP people that que at night for their score. You guys keep saying that having specific open times wont change anything but it defies all logic, bring some real arguments because in one sentence you say not enough people apply at the same time and in the next you say that making people apply during the same time brackets makes no difference... Like... really?
  • divineauroras
    edited June 2016
    senrin said:

Divillae keeps on NOT mentioning her beloved sin has a pretty decent weapon, let's say the BEST Illyfue sin weapon paired with a MAXED dark Anima, that's alone a nice amount of dmg to legitly brag a a lot about, rightfully (hell, even VS posted his weapon on Forum, check it out).

-----

Game is based on gear, even if you watch pvp videos you see it doesn't require 3 years of hardcore training to master the 5 - 9 skills a class spams. Needs a bit to understand how it works, not ages, not that complicated. You do not have to aim, can't cast while moving, so... Well, an easy but enjoyable environment, but complicated not at all.

-----

Help or not, what's the matter after all? You might help ppl reaching 2050 score, someone else just do it at night - even better not stealing your precious time: same results.

-----

Still blind and deaf concerning the FREEMIUM and imbalance overall that have rotten the game, complaining about an attitude due to the system itself.

-----

You have players of your tier to face: the same 5 or 6 ppl: enjoy it! Isn't pvp after all?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that VS was still kicking everyone's *BLEEP* before he got that weapon.

I want to clarify something that's come up over the past few posts:
    -I do NOT think that arena should be closed at certain times (allow the players to feed gear at night if they so desire)
    -The solution shouldnt be to LIMIT arena availability but to have it CONCENTRATED to a time when its most rewarding (i.e. like war god or saturday FF) People can put up with 1 day of arena knowing they'll get benefits + more ppl to fight against.
    -This whole "all the hardcore PvP quit the game" is just 100% lies. Don't ya'll have OP people do rift basically each week? These are all players that COULD but just simply DON'T do arena.

I don't wanna make a long list, but I can count at least 50 players between Storm, Eryda, and Lionheart that could make up strong teams (at least 4-7 players of each class).

Edit: And to Divilae's point also....I think that people forget that we are real people with this "monster" mentality. I lost count after 10+ people that I personally help feed arena score, and when I fight another team make arrangments to dodge (if they don't want a real fight). No one can blame me for not queueing, because at the very worst they'll suffer one loss (not even that, if they tell me they are 1-2 matches from their goal score).
    SirFanion.jpg
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage), DivineAuror (Divine Priest), SirFanion (Elemental Warrior); Allied with Rhondelyn and DarqueShadow
  • siraelchan
    siraelchan Posts: 33 Arc User
    Only true core issue is lack of people who run arena and also the fact that it is open for about 24 hours. I personally would prefer arena open for fewer hours with people forced to be there at certain hour.

Sure, people do not run arena cause of "monsters" but if hours were limited and there was more people to apply, you might face them once or twice. 2050 is possible for most, 2700 was never meant for all so do not expect that and blame " monsters" for that. With more varied parties it is more likely to get there though.

I do have my arena gear mostly farmed with my own party which was not strongest for sure. I mostly now go for weeklies and fun when my job alllows it. Yes, I do face people who facestomp over me easily but I do not mind. I tend to then apply couple times and stop if it is clear that they are only party available to face :)

It is fine for VS, Divi, Gunsie, Auro, Deve and so on to wish for competition. Sure, many cannot and never will be able to match up to them but I do wish to one day be able to do so. I keep on improving my char and be happy of extra 2 seconds I survive :p

Overall, only real issue is lack of people and arena being broken most of the time and lack of incentive to run. So do not blame it on imbalance entirely and people who are rightfully at the top. When arena was active it was plausible to hit high score with random parties, so this situation will only change if activity increases. At least that is how I see it. Every game has imbalances, hence it should be taken as given :) The more people run, the less likely you are to face people you refer to as "monsters" who I call by cute nicknames :3

<| Light Bard | Illyfue | The right side of wrong |>
  • nickvv
    Precisely cici*cute name* low activity is a problem which cant be solved easilly, heck it probably will never increase. Which is why there are *band aids* to make things better, it wont fix anything but it will become more workable if everybody runs in the same period of time.
  • divinityscarlet
    senrin said:

-----

On the first bit, we play together and all but I did not create that character. I can't take some kind of credit for his accomplishments, I only look at my own character. I helped him reach his weapon but without having the char he has he would never have reached it to begin with, and that has nothing to do with me. Of course I'm not going to mention that, it's not my bragging right.

Game is based on gear, okay sure. As for playstyle, I disagree. What makes Develich stand out as a warrior when there are many others with similar stats? His playstyle. Believe it or not, playing a maxed char is one thing but having the reflexes and quick-thinking to utilize a character to the best it can be does not come naturally. He sees when I lose wrath, he sees when a DD is without bubble, and he makes sure to take out all weak links before I even have time to get to them. That is something I rarely see other people do, yet it's the most effective and it means I have to play even better in order to counter it. Divine priest and other dedicated heal classes have to pay attention the most, because we have to take care of everyone else and see everything that's happening all at once. You don't notice someone strong using DU against you? There you go one team member dead. Honestly I could write an essay. Most people never develop basic strategy or reflexes in their gameplay, just pump in money and expect their damage/tankiness to do the rest. That's why some stand out when they have the right combination of skill and power and others forever remain "just that guy with the nice gear" or "just that guy who has potential but never takes it further". I didn't reroll priest because I wanted to be a healer class which are underappreciated and essentially an unpaid babysitter, it's because I accepted I wasn't going to be a top assassin no matter how hard I tried because my playstyle was and still is mediocre as an assassin after 4 years of playing it as a main, and as it turned out I was naturally skilled at playing divine priest so I cut my losses and moved on.

• divineauroras
    All this chatter making me really want to fight EU teams :)
    SirFanion.jpg
  • senrin
    This is the REAL Arena!

I'm at 2250 score atm!

Now I queue for the next reply, ehm, match! XD
  • gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User
    From what i can gather pretty much:

-Most players dont want to compete, because the gap between a top player is too huge, and damage is broken and u get easily headshot, hmmok let me tell u a secret, even the top ones can get headshot,or just kite and gank them.

-Lack of proper effective teams, or people with will to have fun, when i was asking in guild *hey guys lets go arena* most go silent :x all of sudden (and yeah i know im a pretty bad player pvp wise, thats why none would want to pt me in first place).

- You cannot force people to queue true and they wont, first none likes to loose when they are aware of diference in gaps that is too huge, not everyone plays for the lolz or likes to loose, they want a fearly equally match, or they just dont bother, ence game punishes u for loosing.

- Game as reached a phase in which is pretty much the pve builds lurking around, the pvp damage builds are extinct, because raw damage/crit def is solving everything atm arena wise, most pvp players quited or changed into pve for damage, there is no variety and a new diferent build is very expensive *cof cof** block rate triple ids*.

- Game as reached a state u need alts to get a queue for pvp fields, there is no casuals, they dont pvp anymore, or quited.

-People dont like to stay in cross like spazzz waiting for queue, they want to do something else while at it, not the never gets over quest, cross cant be removed because well u need to be there to pt with other guys from diferent servers, unless they turn fw into somekind of a megaserver.

- I fail to see then why would some want arena gear, if u dont plan to pvp at all, for ff or HoIF? the afk alts spazz fields? yup u can totally do a staring contest versus alts in there xD just stay pve fully focused like i do then u will do decent in rift even without healer, if i ever plan to be competitive in arena i would rework my entire build for it, atm its a no,with current state of this game i will just go for fun if called or when i have time for it, i wont bother waiting for 2 hours queue and i made a toon with sole purpose of pve.

- With my pve build i managed to boost some peoples score, of course i got headshot tons of times, that didnt stop me for helping them and i clearly see im very limited after the 2100 score gap, but as long i manage it why not.

Thats reminds me another thread about making realms2-5 pvp, i clearly im starting to see pvp in this game, is the games *Cancer*, people getting frustrated over it strong or not, heavy cashed/ noncashed or semicashed. No offense of course but thats how its starting to look, players presenting solutions and nothing has been done for it, the current state of game,guess its about just accept it or try to move into something better. Can close this thread i guess that nothing will be done to solve current state of fw, im not replying to it anymore xD either.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• yolo#4458
    yolo#4458 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    You guys can post suggestions all year if you want, but the main problem is the lack of players who want *real pvp*, especially in NA servers. Most here just basically hates the pvp aspect of FW, and are happy doing PVE stuff day in day out.

The glory days of pvp in Forsaken World are long gone, so many actual good pvp'ers are gone, only left are the diehards who are being roflstomped before by the real pvpers years ago. The so called *monsters* now used to QQ how unfair the pvp was before, but now since the real pvpers are gone, they now complain of no challenging arena fights.

Just accept the fact that *real pvp* in this game is dead. You'll be happier.

Post edited by yolo#4458 on
    "I love the smell of nukes in the morning"
  • unusualsuspect1
    unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    Meh, about people who PvP now are the ones who got roflstomped by the real PvPers who have since left...

Have had a number of the "real PvPers" come back briefly at times on Lionheart and I've duelled them. I normally win and I was the one who used to get roflstomped by them. Now I'm not gonna pretend that I'm some PvP god. I'm not. I openly admit that I suck hard core at PvP. So how did I win? Gear and character development is how.

The fact is that PvP in FW is Purse vs Purse (and by Purse, that can either be real money spent, or time spent farming for money). Plenty of players openly admit that my toon is intimidating in Rift or whatever (keeping in mind that there's plenty who are still way more developed than I PvP-wise and I am but a gnat to them), but I honestly take little to no pride in it. It's all down to me having invested more time and/or money into the game than they have for the most part. I feel no sense of accomplishment from one shotting even the old PvPers. Most of those old PvPers had gear at the time that far exceeded mine at the time, and now that the roles are reversed, the story changes.

IMO, the more you invest (time or money or both) to make your toon OP, then all really do is just make it boring for yourself.

That is the great illusion and lie on which FWs PvP system is predicated on, and it is one in which many, including myself, have fallen victim to.

The best and most fun PvP experiences are had when everyone involved is more or less balanced and feel like they can contribute. That doesn't suit the PW business model though of the P2W lie.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    I just do arena for weekly dedi quests and gloops cuz I dun like PvP :(
  • silnec
    silnec Posts: 248 Arc User
    This thread is now like beating a dead horse... lmao.
    ⋆⋆⋆ SEPHMEISTER ⋆ Illyfue ⋆⋆⋆

"this game is dying on all servers, wake the fk up" - Amarantos

This is the truth. PWE does not care.

• anyadpicsaja
    it was from the very beginning.
    giphy.gif
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Sorry took me ages get back from where i rolled rofling reading about a "wr that stand over others cuz his reflexes" hahaha (swear someone should e paid for the comic actress job ;3)

However, my 2 cents are, even if you make arena open 1 hour a day you lot will be dodged like was Vin, Guns, Auro and Bluedragon when they was boosting ppls and xserver wasnt even there so no point at all.

Now i recon your buddies wanna too the fusion weapon that's indeed osom (ppls here mostly talk about crappy scores like 2050 when there real prob are "buddies need 2700 for Dragonball weapon")

Simple solution (seen anyway their "removed limit reflexes" too), put all the needed stuff in CS ;3

Done

A now back to rofling Scorpioluca

Ps: oh forgot to add, save me the "we want nice fight/competition" ****, seen the "high reflexed wr" cry a river and go afk in FF base when a Prot, Arendhell or something like that, was around as enemy and butchering everyone, really a great wish to face sronger enemy's lmao.
  • develichious2
    develichious2 Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Sorry took me ages get back from where i rolled rofling reading about a "wr that stand over others cuz his reflexes" hahaha (swear someone should e paid for the comic actress job ;3)

However, my 2 cents are, even if you make arena open 1 hour a day you lot will be dodged like was Vin, Guns, Auro and Bluedragon when they was boosting ppls and xserver wasnt even there so no point at all.

Now i recon your buddies wanna too the fusion weapon that's indeed osom (ppls here mostly talk about crappy scores like 2050 when there real prob are "buddies need 2700 for Dragonball weapon")

Simple solution (seen anyway their "removed limit reflexes" too), put all the needed stuff in CS ;3

Done

A now back to rofling Scorpioluca

Ps: oh forgot to add, save me the "we want nice fight/competition" ****, seen the "high reflexed wr" cry a river and go afk in FF base when a Prot, Arendhell or something like that, was around as enemy and butchering everyone, really a great wish to face sronger enemy's lmao.

funny how you can always trust scorpio to come talk about me, either here or in his old guild's chat : P.. wanted to avoid writing in this thread cause in the end.. its pointless lol.

not gonna say it never happened, altho i cant remember it.. since that guy quit playing like 2 years ago? but well.. only reason i ever go afk in ff nowadays is if the enemies are severely undergeared, and i dont feel like butchering their team lol, no point in hitting an already dead horse.

Oh and since you seem to have an issue with me csing, just wanted to let you know you've cs'd just as much as i have, but well.. details i guess. (maybe not so much about it in this post, but i've seen you QQ about it in gc ^^)

back on topic tho, closing arena at night imo wouldn't change much, most people that farm score overnight are people who wants 2050 score to get their arena gear, and then they're never seen again.

keeping arena open a few hours on monday/wednesday/weekend, imo wouldn't make much of a difference.. there's bound to be people who works/eats/ingame events that would prevent people from going. Even if more people would be going 'cause that's their only chance to do arena that day, it doesn't change the fact that with high score, there's a limited amount of enemy parties you'll meet.

there's also the fact that doing arena isn't rewarding, unless you want the gear.. most people doesn't do arena for fun, unfortunately. there's a ton of strong/top tier chars from across all servers that could make really good parties, but they dont 'cause either:
    1. they dont like pvp/arena
    2. they dont want gear, so its a "waste of time" (if they dont like pvp, they wont consider it fun)

the only time i see new people in arena, is when people are helping guildies get their gear, or to get their arena quests done for dedication.
    Post edited by develichious2 on
  • galadhwen23
    galadhwen23 Posts: 190 Arc User
    some ppl cant or dont want to face the truth, and the truth is:
    1. arena AND game is dead, some ppl just play out of habit to be with ingame "buddies"
    2. not enough ppl caring for arena or game in general (population itself is literally too low)
    3. u literally get no rewards outta arena apart from arena gear (now tell me whats the point in having arena gear in a pve server unless ur a divine priest or light bard who likes to pvp)
    4. put all those things together with the fact that some ppl dont enjoy going arena for fun and dying over same ppl over and over again and u will make them hate arena even more

so yea, there are many other games out there with good and fair pvp, fw and arena stopped getting on well some years ago haha
    Clyfar
  • divineauroras
    Got a PM yesterday from Sephiroth ( an OP Aegis warrior from NA) "hey wanna do some arena for fun?" I said, sure lets round up some folks. We spent 10 mins gathering 4 other people and balanced the teams. We swapped team members around a few times and had 7x 3 round matches that were all close and very fun.

Thank you Sephiroth, FinFangFoom, GaretJaxx, Minuet, and Shinock. If you want to PvP on NA just hit me up or ask around....the chances are there are a half dozen players online at any given time that WOULD like to do arena if you are kind enough to invite them and balance teams (yes, that means sometimes playing a slightly less OP alt but is still a lots of fun!). I've been told by certain players on Eryda that they won't go if they know I'm gonna be there...but I happily play whatever toon I have that is needed to keep things genuinely fun.
    SirFanion.jpg