GvG's Safearea damage

124»

Comments

• pinkette1#7450
    pinkette1#7450 Posts: 344 Arc User
    if u all end up in base, and cant get out, dont you think it means the other team is stronger than you? and most class have now skills to not take damage for a while : kindred vampire kiss, elf with mega eva buff, prot, mage, sins etc etc etc. we did have people trying to camp us too, they didnt succeed and admitt it wasnt that easy...

anyway, we are running in circle now, i m out of this thread for good, good luck with your suggestion
    Hebergeur d'image
  • mp213pm
    mp213pm Posts: 32 Arc User

if u all end up in base, and cant get out, dont you think it means the other team is stronger than you? and most class have now skills to not take damage for a while : kindred vampire kiss, elf with mega eva buff, prot, mage, sins etc etc etc. we did have people trying to camp us too, they didnt succeed and admitt it wasnt that easy...

anyway, we are running in circle now, i m out of this thread for good, good luck with your suggestion

Well obviously the other team is stronger than the team being camped in base... The point OP was making that camping base for such a long period of time goes against his belief of what Rift/GvG should be. Sure you may not agree with that and say it's a great strategy that the losing team couldn't outmaneuver, but really...? You could camp them on the outskirts of base to make it a little bit more fair lol, because I know for a fact some of those "skills to not take damage for a while" have a cast time that's long enough that make them easily interrupted, and hence useless when it only takes the other team a fraction of a second to kill you.

The argument being made is that this strategy defeats the spirit of rift, and honestly, the base damage should probably be more to account for new level cap, new gear, high level gems, etc. How can you insist on inflating player stats, monster attacks and def, but still keep a rift base as pathetic as it was in 2012? #boostthebase
    LySinKiller
    Lvl 1 Assassin
  • pinkette1#7450
    pinkette1#7450 Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    yeah or we could just give them 100meter to run and then run after them ....

you probably take off most of your gear in arena when facing team that you won...cause you are all king of fairplay in ptw mmo...

and for your last point, its the same with everything in game, you can get to a point when you char is like half god in most pve parts. i understand all your points, but this isnt the logic of this game, never has been, and probably never will be

edit : previous posts ws supposed to be my last, sorry XD
    Hebergeur d'image
  • dlhy1988
    dlhy1988 Posts: 139 Arc User
    #boostwelkincastle

just a question in what age do you find fairness in a WAR ??
    they should be fair and dont attack us 7 times/weeks right ? they should be fair and having same amount of people during zod right ?
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    War? This is a game... o_0"
  • dlhy1988
    a guild war in a game yeah that's it right ?
  • senrin
    All that hatred in a game is wasted, mostly when you can't even face your angry cat.

Jokes apart, taking too seriously this can be bad for your health: if PWE doesn't care, we shouldn't either, no? *irony*
  • dlhy1988
    too much hatred :o
  • senrin
    Hell, call it game hatred then! XD
  • adamm119
    adamm119 Posts: 57 Arc User
    I agree with the previous mention of poor sportsmanship. I mean, it is kinda fun to go in there and have some fun w/ it before you eventually die, maybe even land a few kills! - hey, if you can kill everyone in there, and then leave unscathed, kudos! nicely done, etc etc... but.. continuously doing that, or bringing in like, healers and 4+ more w/ you to go in there and slaughter everyone as soon as they come up? c'mon.. youre not even doing it for the pvp, youre doing it for the "HA, look at that guy die" which imo is just pathetic, especially after multiple times, or at the end of the battle.

Idk about you guys but what i'll do at the end of a fight is stand in FRONT of the base and just make funny jokes, if i can.. If someone wants to come out and play i welcome the fun! otherwise its just annoying, no fun for anyone, except for the morally challenged ppl pretending theyre cool, or w/e the mess with that is.

Short version: Thats fun/ny if kept to a minimum, childish when overused and/or used when unneccesary.
  • adamm119
    Other comment: Even more childish/ pathetic when they laugh about it. xD i mean... c'mon. thats like dueling someone (who might have likely started w/ low hp, in this scenario), and then putting "lol" and dancing or w/e the devil these ppl pull out of their bums. Quite "smh" worthy, really.

But hey, also +1 to the "Dont do it if you dont like it" statement. Unless its against that ONE GUY xD you know the one, the one that drives you insane.. we all have one! haha. xD (kidding lol)
  • adamm119

Simplest solution is remove rift from the game ;3

But i like rift! I used to love FF/ arena so much more when it was just the one server involved (before xserver existed)... rift is the only one left! you cant take that away from me D: haha :tongue: