What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Turn Realms 2 and 5 into PvP on the PvE servers

1235»

Comments

• silnecsilnec Posts: 248 Arc User
    No, please don't turn the realms into PvP
    nickvv said:

All i see is eyrda players saying we should become a pvp server so we can suffer like they do. Seems pretty selfish to me.

Yup. It looks like that to me too. That is why some even talking about server merges when that is no where mentioned by Domino.
    ⋆⋆⋆ SEPHMEISTER ⋆ Illyfue ⋆⋆⋆

"this game is dying on all servers, wake the fk up" - Amarantos

This is the truth. PWE does not care.

• anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    This is getting ridiculous...

Seems like im the only one from that generation who were playing on Storm since the very beginning. People seems to forget we didnt even had Arena or Rift for a very long period. The only pvp you could get was an arranged guild war or duels. YET PEOPLE WERE HAPPY with the content we had, cuz everything was worth doing and we had the playerbase for it too.

I still remember when i arrived home from school wondering if i can make it to the Next Fishing Contest or the Ship defend event. Or when the whole server switched realms and ran towards SoO so they can get to Wester and Reeves for more xp and SG.

What changed?

Old FW:

After beta testing, the wipe happened and everyone made chars from scratch (everyone was basicly equal) , we spent MONTHS leveling up so we can get lvl 40 and enter Lunagrant Woodlands, Arena of Souls and Glistening Lowland.

Because leveling was slow, it was worth doing instances on that level or spend gold to get good blue gears or even blue set gears (You were basicly a god if u had a completed blue set with like 6/12 fortify)

We werent that overpowered so most of the jobs was worth spending time on it as well, for example Tamer(pets), Alchemist (dreamlands), Chef (Hp,mana regen foods)

By the time people reached the level cap the new content arrived and made us work further.

(This was the time PWE planned to make 2 new Server, Bloodskull and another one)

Start of the Downfall of FW:

Arena/Rift implementation which encouraged cashshoppers to cash to be better than others.

PWE Introduced the new "Core Connect" which was screwed up on first day and the "Cat Exploit" the first on the line happened

Then the First orb (the Nyos mount) was introduced by crabclaw and loki (they btw stated that PWE NEVER GONNA SELL POWER in orbs cuz people freaked out it will be PWI all over again)

New level cap arrived
    Since we got stripped from Antus Fruit (which still have achievemnts for us btw) PWE decided to turn on triple xp.

Leveling Up became faster,which killed every content under lvl40 like Fort Rotulor, Emperor canyon and Lost Lighthouse.

This and the mentor system leaded to a huge "powerleveled nub syndrome" where lvl70 people wanted to do Forgotten Prison in green or Shard gears and failed miserably (which is why btw we get Kluer nerfed)

A few orbs i mean content upgrade later we reached the point where Cashshoppers became too OP, the non-cs veterans the average player, and the fresh players nubs who will never catch up without cashshop.

Playerbase dropped cuz of the boredom,fast leveling and cashshoppers domination in both pvp and pve wise.

Im not gonna even mention all problems which came up,like Halloween Exploit, Soul leaf purpose stripped, Crabclaw leaving,loki leaving, unicorn princess melanderi coming etc etc.

We are getting close to the current FW where:

Sub quests extinct
    We lost all maps where veterans leveled up and slowly getting them back without sub quests,plants,mines and 60+ level requirement
    We have small,even now currently dropping playerbase
    Exploits
    Bugs
    Even more bugs
    Untranslated/mistranslated parts (lvl 1 relics still have chinese characters,Dark skills description still wrong 90% of the time)
    Random Instances with basicly zero rewards
    Dead pvp (because the ones who want PvP just want to kill others and not being killed)
    People leveling up to 80 faster than i typed this whole text.
    Only 1 acceptable gear is in the game atm which is champion.
    Mindless reputation farming
    Orbs
    etc etc. im not even bother writing the whole thing down.

What the next content update gonna give us?

-More vengeance rep farming
    -More champion farming
    -More dark/light farming
    -more orbs
    Its such a great thing to look forward to...

What we need?

What we need the most is PWE and CN-s attention for a few weeks, when we actualy see they are listening,god forgive me even playing our version and see with their own eyes how screwed up our version is currently. Make their own suggestions what is wrong and need to be changed and then talk to players about it.

If its a no-go, then a complete overhaul of how things are working.

Balance the leveling speed with the Soulpower, Soul Gold.
    (cuz currently i dare to say every char upon creation should be instant lvl 80, have soulpower tree unlocked, a box containing a hero rank 3 set with 9/12 fortify, full lvl3 gems +99999999999999999999 soulpower and like 400 soul diamond)

This is the power a fresh player need sadly to even worth something...
    We can argue about realm 2 ad 5 all we want but it wont change anything, even less. But its an undeniable fact that pve servers were more than happy without pvp since the very beginning, and the current situation is not because of "omgiwannapvp" ...

This is getting ridiculous...

Seems like im the only one from that generation who were playing on Storm since the very beginning. People seems to forget we didnt even had Arena or Rift for a very long period. The only pvp you could get was an arranged guild war or duels. YET PEOPLE WERE HAPPY with the content we had, cuz everything was worth doing and we had the playerbase for it too.

I still remember when i arrived home from school wondering if i can make it to the Next Fishing Contest or the Ship defend event. Or when the whole server switched realms and ran towards SoO so they can get to Wester and Reeves for more xp and SG.

What changed?

Old FW:

After beta testing, the wipe happened and everyone made chars from scratch (everyone was basicly equal) , we spent MONTHS leveling up so we can get lvl 40 and enter Lunagrant Woodlands, Arena of Souls and Glistening Lowland.

Because leveling was slow, it was worth doing instances on that level or spend gold to get good blue gears or even blue set gears (You were basicly a god if u had a completed blue set with like 6/12 fortify)

We werent that overpowered so most of the jobs was worth spending time on it as well, for example Tamer(pets), Alchemist (dreamlands), Chef (Hp,mana regen foods)

By the time people reached the level cap the new content arrived and made us work further.

(This was the time PWE planned to make 2 new Server, Bloodskull and another one)

Start of the Downfall of FW:

Arena/Rift implementation which encouraged cashshoppers to cash to be better than others.

PWE Introduced the new "Core Connect" which was screwed up on first day and the "Cat Exploit" the first on the line happened

Then the First orb (the Nyos mount) was introduced by crabclaw and loki (they btw stated that PWE NEVER GONNA SELL POWER in orbs cuz people freaked out it will be PWI all over again)

New level cap arrived
    Since we got stripped from Antus Fruit (which still have achievemnts for us btw) PWE decided to turn on triple xp.

Leveling Up became faster,which killed every content under lvl40 like Fort Rotulor, Emperor canyon and Lost Lighthouse.

This and the mentor system leaded to a huge "powerleveled nub syndrome" where lvl70 people wanted to do Forgotten Prison in green or Shard gears and failed miserably (which is why btw we get Kluer nerfed)

A few orbs i mean content upgrade later we reached the point where Cashshoppers became too OP, the non-cs veterans the average player, and the fresh players nubs who will never catch up without cashshop.

Playerbase dropped cuz of the boredom,fast leveling and cashshoppers domination in both pvp and pve wise.

Im not gonna even mention all problems which came up,like Halloween Exploit, Soul leaf purpose stripped, Crabclaw leaving,loki leaving, unicorn princess melanderi coming etc etc.

We are getting close to the current FW where:

Sub quests extinct
    We lost all maps where veterans leveled up and slowly getting them back without sub quests,plants,mines and 60+ level requirement
    We have small,even now currently dropping playerbase
    Exploits
    Bugs
    Even more bugs
    Untranslated/mistranslated parts (lvl 1 relics still have chinese characters,Dark skills description still wrong 90% of the time)
    Random Instances with basicly zero rewards
    Dead pvp (because the ones who want PvP just want to kill others and not being killed)
    People leveling up to 80 faster than i typed this whole text.
    Only 1 acceptable gear is in the game atm which is champion.
    Mindless reputation farming
    Orbs
    etc etc. im not even bother writing the whole thing down.

What the next content update gonna give us?

-More vengeance rep farming
    -More champion farming
    -More dark/light farming
    -more orbs
    Its such a great thing to look forward to...

What we need?

What we need the most is PWE and CN-s attention for a few weeks, when we actualy see they are listening,god forgive me even playing our version and see with their own eyes how screwed up our version is currently. Make their own suggestions what is wrong and need to be changed and then talk to players about it.

If its a no-go, then a complete overhaul of how things are working.

Balance the leveling speed with the Soulpower, Soul Gold.
    (cuz currently i dare to say every char upon creation should be instant lvl 80, have soulpower tree unlocked, a box containing a hero rank 3 set with 9/12 fortify, full lvl3 gems +99999999999999999999 soulpower and like 400 soul diamond)

This is the power a fresh player need sadly to even worth something...
    We can argue about realm 2 ad 5 all we want but it wont change anything, even less. But its an undeniable fact that pve servers were more than happy without pvp since the very beginning, and the current situation is not because of "omgiwannapvp" ...

Very well put. Reading your post brought back memories of how nice this game was with regards to game play itself. I still stand by the thought that this game has great potential which has not been realized, due to the publisher not being up to task to deliver to us the FW that really lives up to its potential.

• blesswaveblesswave Posts: 5 Arc User
    Let's explore other options...
    Every single game i played PWi n FW included starts getting CS superower value when it reach 3years+ and not a single game ever return back to its glory days

For me i felt FW reach its no return point when 1st login event+ocean orb etc etc got in.

Back to the thread issue.
    EB n ele stuff : fix the debuff issue n change the drop issue to the one got most dmg.
    Lost city n dim wars : make reward bound.personally i can swallow the issue becoz we are non intended pve server not like CN designed pvp server.

Yea change both realm to pvp pretty much easier solution than fix 1 by 1 but it would giv another chances for more QQ and reduction to playerbase.
    U got ur vote..pretty much time to closed the thread since its getting to far derail like FW its self
  • tutilake88tutilake88 Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I was discussing this just now with a friend, and he pointed out that this doesn't solve our problems with Lv95 Zodiacs as the guild bases aren't on either of those realms therefore they would not be turned into PvP zone and he's absolutely right...

What a silly thing to even suggest this. It's not a solution because alts will still be able to port into guild bases and steal Zodiac loot. *slow clap*

Unless you switch guildbases into PvP zones as well, in which case I'm all for it.

Edit: Also yeah, why the ef are people from pvp realms getting involved in this poll... That will mess up the actual target audience's decision. Lmfao...

and @anyadpicsaja I agree with everything you said on your post. Well said. Sad and very true.
  • conterkillerconterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    I have a feeling that this pool is not really for asking people what they want, its more of a heads up for PVE servers of what is to come for them.. lol
    i think PWE is already going to do this.. no matter what this votes ends up being..
  • morsaeternamorsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User

clap*

Unless you switch guildbases into PvP zones as well, in which case I'm all for it.

This was discussed in another thread and we ran into a point there where we started to discuss tactics to howw to steal the loot with pvp.
    For example: Sin with shield, activated stealt flies into base, activates swift evansion taunts with a purple pet (-95% aoe damage taken) and steals the kill, after that switches on second stealth and ports out.
  • pinkette1#7450 pinkette1 Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2016

clap*

This was discussed in another thread and we ran into a point there where we started to discuss tactics to howw to steal the loot with pvp.
    For example: Sin with shield, activated stealt flies into base, activates swift evansion taunts with a purple pet (-95% aoe damage taken) and steals the kill, after that switches on second stealth and ports out.
    and what if you put a player to guard the base entrance. U can not enter a base in stealth so u just need to kill whoever isnt welcome...

and im still surprise that 1 guy manage to trick you twice. The first time i can understand no worries, but the second time :o 36 people with taunt pet skill vs 1 guy :o how can he win? put the life of the mob at around 5% all taunt then instant kill the boss :D

in pvp, no ennemies pet can come close to the boss, u can guard the front door, u can see ennemies on the map,etc etc it is design this way cause in china, they have lots of people, they can easely let a full raid guarding the base . You port in? no worries u re dead after 2 sec XD

and sorry but good char one shot any purple pet with aoe, so goods chars even more XD
  • lijieslijies Posts: 11 Arc User
    Yes, turn Realms 2 and 5 into PvP
    lijies said:

LOL I voted yes but I want to change it now, [FLAME BAIT REDACTED] So no.

=_= flame bait redacted? ok... I only lost 3 friends cause of that in 2 weeks, not a big deal.
  • jun071007jun071007 Posts: 11 Arc User
    YES TURN IT PLEASE !!! and stop banning people cause some sicko mass report others... loser people do that.. to those losers... turn it pvp so i will smash those loser
  • jun071007jun071007 Posts: 11 Arc User

amarantos said:

kuukami said:

Selfish? You, a person from a PvP server, comes here to tell those of us who CHOSE PvE that we are selfish because we don't want to have PvP realms? YOU are not the one being affected by the change so it's a bit high-handed for you to come here with your "server merge" agenda and say we PVEers are selfish.

it actually would affect our pvp server, but you could probably never imagine how while you sit happy holding hands on your pve server where you dont have to worry one bit about really working for your endgear stuff.

people who can sit in lost city with a couple alts and farm warrior souls unbothered every single night and max out those mastery deistones while pvp server people would be lucky to get the bare minimum if they arent spawn camped or end up dropping all their fogs.

people begging pwe to fix dimensional wars so the pvp is enabled? said it before about this too, eyrda would get demolished. we get 3rd place most of the time anyways when its just a flag capping battle. its painstakingly obvious every sunday night seeing the sheer outnumbering by storm and lionheart bodies.

so much complaining across these forums about increasing power gaps, and yet the gap here between servers continues to increase but no one considers that while they are sitting pretty in the comfortable spots. making the competition realms pvp for the pve servers could slow this progress rate down, even if by a little bit.

when milas got merged into illyfue plenty of illyfue players whined about the influx of cheap ele/zod gear their market would have. well pve servers have a much larger influx of those weekly than eyrda does, who has literally zero. but no one complains about that? (Yeah it was good for about a week then prices returned to the same)

seems pretty selfish huh? not everyone knew what they were getting into or where they would end up when they chose a pvp server. some people might even regret it and wish they could switch. and be realistic, no one is going to start over on a different server with all the time/effort/money put into their char. so unless pwe starts doing server transfers, gotta deal with it. /rant
    Soo these people who almost never wander out of the cities will gonna start increasing their toons power to get out and get stuff done, because lets be honest there are tons of opportunities out their awaiting for them.(sarcasm)
    The world bosses, the eb bosses, the ele bosses are ruled by the most powerful players on the pve servers. Ruled by the guys who could oneshot any medicore player. This wouldnt change anything expect it would powershif the current leaders alts into their actual chars.
    These guys who sit in cities only doing the daily necessities wont gonna run amok just because pvp is enabled on 2 realms. Hell if the whole server turns pvp it wouldnt change anything. I can run around the new maps and all i see is emptiness, because apart from wb's nothing is worthy there to lose stuff to some OP char.

pointless talk here.... why r people strong ?? cause they farm n everything... so please dont say about strong or not strong.. and by pvp able .. it help in LC 100% help
  • conterkillerconterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User

and sorry but good char one shot any purple pet with aoe, so goods chars even more XD

Lol.. i dont think aoe's can 1shot purple pets..
    purple pets get like 90% dmg reduction from aoe or something like that
    maybe with single target skills yeah lol
    jun071007 said:

YES TURN IT PLEASE !!! and stop banning people cause some sicko mass report others... loser people do that.. to those losers... turn it pvp so i will smash those loser

This guy..

• pinkette1#7450 pinkette1 Posts: 344 Arc User

Lol.. i dont think aoe's can 1shot purple pets..
    purple pets get like 90% dmg reduction from aoe or something like that
    maybe with single target skills yeah lol
    do i really have to make screen shot just for that :o
  • mhmitsmemhmitsme Posts: 83 Arc User
    we do need drama during zodiac raids but realm 2 would be nice to have it pvp
    ING: Piotoru
    Guild: NewOrder

clap*

and what if you put a player to guard the base entrance. U can not enter a base in stealth so u just need to kill whoever isnt welcome...

and im still surprise that 1 guy manage to trick you twice. The first time i can understand no worries, but the second time :o 36 people with taunt pet skill vs 1 guy :o how can he win? put the life of the mob at around 5% all taunt then instant kill the boss :D

in pvp, no ennemies pet can come close to the boss, u can guard the front door, u can see ennemies on the map,etc etc it is design this way cause in china, they have lots of people, they can easely let a full raid guarding the base . You port in? no worries u re dead after 2 sec XD

IF you put it in that way, there shouldnt be a problem currently since people would taunt the boss when its almost dead, but even with the stolen loot it seems like no one does it.
    I tested out and you are right most buffs drop when entering a base, expect flying.
    Theres also an something what made people worry and that was the fact that this nameless alt entered the right base to get the loot and that means someone from the raid gives out info.
    This way i can get some sins to enter the choosen guild bases, hide somewhere in the corner of the base (or down in the white abyss till time comes and signal them when to start attacking. He gets the loot and i get gold share.
    This one is a more advanced tactics to have based peoples greed.
    An even better tactics is to create a counter raid to attack the target gb to get the loot, getting in and teleporting into the white abyss only takes a sec, setting up a full buffed pt in the underworld is easy as long as no one moves.
    The only reason people are not going to do these currently is that we are not a pvp server where stuff like this is accepted behavior, so we use taunt alts.
  • wypasionywypasiony Posts: 5 Arc User
    This game is rly so expensive thats why ppl quiting, make cheaper charge also change rate for ( 1 Zen = 1 leaf )
    But for me PWE dont know what they do, sometime have impression that kid control game which doesnt have
    clue about bugs, economics etc. in game.

AFTER all patches this game looks like in APLHA MODE......

So make it like this:

1. Cheap shop, rate 1 zen = 1 leaf
    2. Make servers pvp or just realms if ppl like this
    3.Bugs, just reapair important bugs like dc at change realms, translations skills
    4. PWE show us! you want keep this game life
  • kingapocalypsekingapocalypse Posts: 12 Arc User
    Make it pvp ... pvp pvp pvp
    wypasiony said:

This game is rly so expensive thats why ppl quiting, make cheaper charge also change rate for ( 1 Zen = 1 leaf )
    But for me PWE dont know what they do, sometime have impression that kid control game which doesnt have
    clue about bugs, economics etc. in game.

AFTER all patches this game looks like in APLHA MODE......

So make it like this:

1. Cheap shop, rate 1 zen = 1 leaf
    2. Make servers pvp or just realms if ppl like this
    3.Bugs, just reapair important bugs like dc at change realms, translations skills
    4. PWE show us! you want keep this game life

Repairing bugs and readjusting prices should be their first priority not altering the servers to get temporal "problem solutions".
  • thenamesdominothenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Thank you everyone for the feedback, like I said before, no decision has been made yet, and I appreciate everyone's cador. We're going to continue working on all the bugs that have been reported and I'll keep everyone posted as to what we have in store for the future.
This discussion has been closed.