test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Turn Realms 2 and 5 into PvP on the PvE servers

Comments

• im2gr84uim2gr84u Posts: 695 Arc User
    Yes, turn Realms 2 and 5 into PvP
    Totally agree with PVP realms. Game is already dead and boring so let this be done and have some fun!
  • miciocicciomiciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Mhhh, tbh need some info from those playing a pvp server, that "red name", you get it Killing ppls doing seal in crucible? or just happen in main maps if you kill White names (and they dont fight back)?

Cus i see ppls say "i would have much fun bla bla" (like theyre totally unkillable lol) well, in pirate servers i had much fun npc istant any **** dropped by red named idiots (or if was feeling really generous have then cry a couple of hours before giving back) ;3

So wonder how long will last that "fun" of roaming around pkpping when you risk all the time to drop your endgame stuff.

but not really sure how that red name work seen in dim war there's never anyone with it (seen 2 ppls total and 1 defo was either killing his alts or dunno, he didnt even had jewerly).

Scorpioluca
  • freeyaafreeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Mhhh, tbh need some info from those playing a pvp server, that "red name", you get it Killing ppls doing seal in crucible? or just happen in main maps if you kill White names (and they dont fight back)?

Cus i see ppls say "i would have much fun bla bla" (like theyre totally unkillable lol) well, in pirate servers i had much fun npc istant any **** dropped by red named idiots (or if was feeling really generous have then cry a couple of hours before giving back) ;3

So wonder how long will last that "fun" of roaming around pkpping when you risk all the time to drop your endgame stuff.

but not really sure how that red name work seen in dim war there's never anyone with it (seen 2 ppls total and 1 defo was either killing his alts or dunno, he didnt even had jewerly).

Scorpioluca

You only get PK points on normal maps, not in cruci and not in lost city (even on a pve server you should see the message at the bottom right that says there's no punishment for player kills on those maps).

Also you don't really lose your endgame stuff, you can drop everything that is not bound. Bound stuff cannot be dropped however if you're having a red name the durability of your gear drops everytime you die (both pvp and pve).​​
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • shadrimshadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    Let's explore other options...
    amarantos said:

night protection in bot does work completely invulnerable to pvp unless you drag a wb on someone to deactivate it. just remember you HAVE to toggle the option in your bot to get it. why would ppl on a pve server have to check that? most likely thats what happened.

and cruci won't be ruled by op csers, maybe at first but then they get bored of having to pick ores every hour. on eyrda the majority of ore farmers are poor noobs.

I have to disagree here.
    You can drag a night protected player into battle with only abusing/exploiting what everyone has. Additional monster dependant exploits are optional but not needed.
    As already explained, i am playing on a mixed server. On Dyos, realms 1-5 are pvp (basically the situation this poll would advert as "solution") so people do make sure their bot is adjusted and the title above their toon clearly says that night protection is activated.

Everything made pvp will be force farmed. If not always then for sure when a situation arises that makes force farm interesting (apart from the everyday boredom issues something like events, new levelcap, whatever). The usual "pvp guilds" will adapt their monopoly treaties as they have every time until now.

Can of worms ? More like a really big bucket, technical and player wise. As long as its not broken, dont try to "repair" it.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freeyaafreeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    shadrim wrote: »
    just remember you HAVE to toggle the option in your bot to get it. why would ppl on a pve server have to check that?

Actually the option is ticked by default.​​
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • novaheals1novaheals1 Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    i'm going to be completely blunt all the PVErs are completely selfish. Do you Realize the opportunity this would impact FW wise? As in we could Finally have server merges = more player bases = more people for those 95 zods and 95 eles. This is the first step of getting server merges. All i hear is blah blah i'm scared of dying. You have 8 other realms to do your PVE stuff on.

Regardless of the 2 major realms of events being turned PVP, at least the game will be more populated. If we ever do get a merge when those 2 realms do go PVP.

In the future it would possibly fix all the exploits people are abusing with the xserver, Cause if all the servers get merge there is no need for xserver anymore=no exploits for players that just keep on abusing that function.

in the long run it is going to be worth it, it isn't like you will get pk'd 24/7 even on eyrda there is no pvp and you dont get pk'd daily.

Maybe at first there will be PVP only if you are on those realms, but it will die off just like everything else does.

Why are all you so negative towards something that maybe will make FW good again?

i am confused on why all of you are so damn against this. Even if i was on a PVE server, i would vote towards this knowing it can bring back some good times on FW with new faces more guilds more of a population that each server has, currently

Anyways you guys are keeping FW in a big stump rather you realize it or not
    end of rant. :blush:
    dbpdoh.jpg
    People who are intimidated by you talk bad about you with hopes that others wont find you appealing
    "Shout out to the people who roll their eyes and get annoyed the second they hear/see my name. Love you."

• kuukamikuukami Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2016

i'm going to be completely blunt all the PVErs are completely selfish. Do you Realize the opportunity this would impact FW wise? As in we could Finally have server merges = more player bases = more people for those 95 zods and 95 eles. This is the first step of getting server merges. All i hear is blah blah i'm scared of dying. You have 8 other realms to do your PVE stuff on.

Selfish? You, a person from a PvP server, comes here to tell those of us who CHOSE PvE that we are selfish because we don't want to have PvP realms? YOU are not the one being affected by the change so it's a bit high-handed for you to come here with your "server merge" agenda and say we PVEers are selfish.

It will affect us to some extent having those realms changed to PvP. For me personally, I help my guild with EB bosses but if I'm forced to PvP then I turn from an asset into a liability; not to mention, I just don't want to PVP around bosses or while in crucible with my alts. I resent people from PvP servers coming and telling me how I should just accept this. You like to PvP, awesome; I don't and I don't want this forced on me whether with a few realms or all of them.

As for a server merges, it's not going to solve the problems. The first couple of weeks everyone will run around and say, "wow, soooo many people this is great;" then they will all look around and see that it's still the same old grind and bot-fest and fall off even faster.

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,064 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    kuukami said:

Selfish? You, a person from a PvP server, comes here to tell those of us who CHOSE PvE that we are selfish because we don't want to have PvP realms? YOU are not the one being affected by the change so it's a bit high-handed for you to come here with your "server merge" agenda and say we PVEers are selfish.

it actually would affect our pvp server, but you could probably never imagine how while you sit happy holding hands on your pve server where you dont have to worry one bit about really working for your endgear stuff.

people have said it before, myself included, but i'll say it again. eyrda as a server is doing pretty poorly. we are literally NEVER going to ever see a 95 zodiac weapon on our server earned from killing the 95 bosses and finishing the quest. the only way we would ever see one is if someone gets lucky with the new orb (or guild auction/rce lotto w/e). iirc only a couple 95 bosses have ever been killed since update and that was early not, nothing lately.

i dont think we even have 36 people lv80 res+ to throw together to kill zods/eles if we could even get people to work together for that purpose. so players are stuck fighting each other every week for zodiacs/eles, sometimes not even getting any drops for any group, while pve servers sit week after week gearing their characters up. and guess what? we have to FIGHT those fat cats on cross server. everyone wants to complain about how theres no arena gear to fight the op dps crazy champ sets? thats even worse when we gotta fight them with 85/90 zods vs 95 ones.

people who can sit in lost city with a couple alts and farm warrior souls unbothered every single night and max out those mastery deistones while pvp server people would be lucky to get the bare minimum if they arent spawn camped or end up dropping all their fogs.

people begging pwe to fix dimensional wars so the pvp is enabled? said it before about this too, eyrda would get demolished. we get 3rd place most of the time anyways when its just a flag capping battle. its painstakingly obvious every sunday night seeing the sheer outnumbering by storm and lionheart bodies.

so much complaining across these forums about increasing power gaps, and yet the gap here between servers continues to increase but no one considers that while they are sitting pretty in the comfortable spots. making the competition realms pvp for the pve servers could slow this progress rate down, even if by a little bit.

when milas got merged into illyfue plenty of illyfue players whined about the influx of cheap ele/zod gear their market would have. well pve servers have a much larger influx of those weekly than eyrda does, who has literally zero. but no one complains about that?

seems pretty selfish huh? not everyone knew what they were getting into or where they would end up when they chose a pvp server. some people might even regret it and wish they could switch. and be realistic, no one is going to start over on a different server with all the time/effort/money put into their char. so unless pwe starts doing server transfers, gotta deal with it. /rant
  • azariel13azariel13 Posts: 72 Arc User

Regardless of the 2 major realms of events being turned PVP, at least the game will be more populated. If we ever do get a merge when those 2 realms do go PVP.

In the future it would possibly fix all the exploits people are abusing with the xserver, Cause if all the servers get merge there is no need for xserver anymore=no exploits for players that just keep on abusing that function.

in the long run it is going to be worth it, it isn't like you will get pk'd 24/7 even on eyrda there is no pvp and you dont get pk'd daily.

Maybe at first there will be PVP only if you are on those realms, but it will die off just like everything else does.

Why are all you so negative towards something that maybe will make FW good again?

i am confused on why all of you are so damn against this. Even if i was on a PVE server, i would vote towards this knowing it can bring back some good times on FW with new faces more guilds more of a population that each server has, currently

Anyways you guys are keeping FW in a big stump rather you realize it or not
    end of rant. :blush:

^This
    The game is so far gone at this point, better to at least TRY and fail then just leave game in its current state.
    All these people freaking over the idea of TWO freaking realms don't seem to even understand how pvp works in FW, red name isn't exactly a good thing to have....

Honestly, if this community is unwilling to accept even the idea of any change, then we're just as much at fault as PWE is.
  • shadrimshadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User

Questionable assumptions based on... whatever...

There are lots of things wrong with your post.

1. pvp will not bring "fun" to pve only players.
    2. Server merge will be but a band aid short term remedy and will not solve ANY issues. (Have been through merges on several games, all they do is delay fixes even more and cause numerous additional issues.)
    3. You mix up merges, pvp transform of realms and fixes we already dont get in time. None of those are in any way related to the other so pve or not does not make any difference on merge or fixes.
    4. "just those two realms" is no valid argument. Take a look at what is located on "just those two realms", then reconsider your false assumption that it will not affect anyone negatively. I have direct experience from a mixed pvp/e server and i can assure you "just those 5 realms" make sure only the strongest monopoly guilds will be allowed to play quite an interesting part of the game content.
    5. You mix up Xserver issues with game server issues. None of them are related to the other in the way you assume so spoiling the game for every player who intentionally chose pve can not have ANY positive effect on xserver issues, same as with ANY OTHER technical issues.
    6. Merge is no solution. With the current lagspikes whenever some bigger amount of players gathers around spots of interest, before "merge" should be considered, augmenting the gameserver performance must be mandatory. No use stuffing more players in a VM that already chokes with the dwindled population that so many mourn.

All in all, not respecting players choice which sort of game they want to play will not increase neither fun nor population. Transforming pure pve server to mixed mode will generate the very same issues that mixed mode servers already experience, not solve any. Mixed mode servers are a cheaper solution where pve and pvp dont have enough playerbase for each own but from my experience with the company, any money saved on servers will not be used to augment the remaining stuff so this "suggestion" wont benefit players at all, regardless which made up argument might suggest this.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drunkbastarddrunkbastard Posts: 90 Arc User
    To get rid of the auto clickers. You have to take away their source of the problem at issue here.
    Inwhich, is the fel irradiated ore. Take it out of the instance where you can mine it.

But, don't take it out of gameplay overall. Instead, put the fel ore in the treasure wheel of the Challenge Quests.
    Also, to do that. You have to take out 1 thing from the treasure wheel. What is it? well, how about the blue gear box.
    We all trashed the gear, since it junk to us anyway.

Also, add the fel ore to the 3 Bosses that are in there. 6 ore's should be enough per boss.

Making a PVE server into a PVP rlm 2 and 5 is just asking for future issues.
    If you wanna pvp. Start a char on a pvp server or goto xserver.

One a side note, i wish the devs would add some active admins to the servers.
    They need to add more instances and events for us to do.

Its freaking boring.... doing the same stuff over and over and over again.
    And i we don't need a server merged atm. Just need more fun stuff to do.

MoogDog - Storm Server
  • buffybombbuffybomb Posts: 182 Arc User
    Well, the crucible is actually pretty easy to fix, just make the ores bound again. They respawn often enough.

Don't really do much EB's or Lost city, since I usually sleep during that. I suppose you could make the ancient warrior souls bound as well, but not everyone can be on for that, and it would suck for those who buy them from the auction house. Maybe put Lost city in a completely different realm and make only that pvp? Then again, those with pve focused toons would have a hard time in there, and there's the risk of that place being monopolized. But it would take care of the auto clickers \o/ Perhaps someone from the pvp servers could offer some insight on what Lost city is like over there?

Don't really have any suggestion for the EB's/eles, since I rarely do those.

Sorry if I'm rambling, it's 7 am and time for me to sleep.
  • uptownlalauptownlala Posts: 38 Arc User
    Can FW developers explore the option of current/ up-to-date arena upgrade items?
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    No, please don't turn the realms into PvP

Making a PVE server into a PVP rlm 2 and 5 is just asking for future issues.
    If you wanna pvp. Start a char on a pvp server or goto xserver.

One a side note, i wish the devs would add some active admins to the servers.
    They need to add more instances and events for us to do.

Its freaking boring.... doing the same stuff over and over and over again.
    And i we don't need a server merged atm. Just need more fun stuff to do.

MoogDog - Storm Server

+1 this part. As i said as well, we need more stuff to do but when i say "stuff", i dont mean dealing with even more shiet.

The whole game is based around all kind of point farming: Champion,Vengeance,Ode to Guardian,Wargod,FF,Dark/Light and ALL of these are Heavily limited by how much,when and where you can get it. THIS is what needs to be changed not realm 2 and 5.
  • legendpvelegendpve Posts: 73 Arc User
    I'll never understand how "start[ing] a character on a pvp server" if you want pvp is even a solution. Who will pay for this new character? You think it's ok for us to either:
    A. Drop another $5,000+ on that character or
    B. Farm 3+ years to get anywhere where we're able to compete?

No, we want our CURRENT characters playing in a PvP-based server.

So please, don't make such absurd comments. If you wanna suggest moving to a different server, suggest a server transfer option like some have, but do not suggest "starting all over in a pvp server" cause that argument is beyond flawed. I've read this in forums and in wc all day and frankly like who in their right minds thinks this is even an option? lol
    rYqpf46.png
    Leitner - Defense Buff Protector of Storm.
  • sedativexsedativex Posts: 148 Arc User

Yep... like how all the pvp servers are now populated? LOL...
    We joined a PVE server ,cause we wanted to play ONY PVE and NOT PVP...

HOc2ScJw.png
    SEDATIVE_Mage | Soul_Savior | Hunicum | Illyfue
  • misshimisshi Posts: 88 Arc User
    most people chose a pve server cause they do not care for pvp or dont want to be slaughtered on the map by idiots. i dont bloody care for pvp and my toon isnt geared for it either. im a pvp carebear and will always be. turning thoose realms pvp will only hasten the death of this game. sure, some people prolly want to pvp others on the map or while EB or in cruci or just got into pvp after x-server was introduced and they got to love pvp and are sad to being not able to do so on the own server but thats just how it is. dont start a toon on a pve server if you want to kill peeps on the maps or certain instances.

i certainly dont want to see this happening on my server but im just one of the many voices here. what happens is still uncertain.
    ♫Pic by awsome wifey Ryu♫
    poppyxmassig1_zps8mupkvbk.jpg
    PoPxTart - Wind Bard
  • gamma2test2onlygamma2test2only Posts: 95 Arc User
    ... "Transfer Character Card" (available in eyrla market in the end of 2019) ... if still "we" be here...
  • pinkette1#7450 pinkette1 Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    please make pve arena for pve servers XD that s how the logic goes in here :p

and saying you want more pve stuff to do cause the game is boring but as well saying that you are bored cause of the never endless grind and feeling of doing same **** always makes no sense : more boring stuff dont add extra fun, more reward dont add extra fun. And be sure as fw china is a pvp orientated mmo to see more event using pvp mechanics to work beeing added in the futur : pve is only a training and a prepartation for your toon to be able to compete in pvp. Dont you wonder why , for exemple, you need lvl 80 res to do your pve eb? does it make sense when on your server you dont need res at all? some events and place are build and made to be pvp, and the more we will have some of those, the more problem will be seen in pve server.

Now having those pvp instance or pvp event pve is same as having ff or arena pve. would you love that too?
  • jun071007jun071007 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Yes please do it
  • jun071007jun071007 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Make lost city EB to pvp !! Will help a lot
  • silnecsilnec Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Voted No. No one from pve servers asked for r2 and r5 to be switched to pvp. Just fix what is broken now and leave working stuff alone. And for god's sake, please work on bringing more players into this dying game! This is a mmorpg, but its so damn empty like ghost town other than the many alts we see logging on for check ins.

SEPHMEISTER
    Illyfue
    ⋆⋆⋆ SEPHMEISTER ⋆ Illyfue ⋆⋆⋆

"this game is dying on all servers, wake the fk up" - Amarantos

This is the truth. PWE does not care.

• morsaeternamorsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    amarantos said:

kuukami said:

it actually would affect our pvp server, but you could probably never imagine how while you sit happy holding hands on your pve server where you dont have to worry one bit about really working for your endgear stuff.

people who can sit in lost city with a couple alts and farm warrior souls unbothered every single night and max out those mastery deistones while pvp server people would be lucky to get the bare minimum if they arent spawn camped or end up dropping all their fogs.

people begging pwe to fix dimensional wars so the pvp is enabled? said it before about this too, eyrda would get demolished. we get 3rd place most of the time anyways when its just a flag capping battle. its painstakingly obvious every sunday night seeing the sheer outnumbering by storm and lionheart bodies.

so much complaining across these forums about increasing power gaps, and yet the gap here between servers continues to increase but no one considers that while they are sitting pretty in the comfortable spots. making the competition realms pvp for the pve servers could slow this progress rate down, even if by a little bit.

when milas got merged into illyfue plenty of illyfue players whined about the influx of cheap ele/zod gear their market would have. well pve servers have a much larger influx of those weekly than eyrda does, who has literally zero. but no one complains about that? (Yeah it was good for about a week then prices returned to the same)

seems pretty selfish huh? not everyone knew what they were getting into or where they would end up when they chose a pvp server. some people might even regret it and wish they could switch. and be realistic, no one is going to start over on a different server with all the time/effort/money put into their char. so unless pwe starts doing server transfers, gotta deal with it. /rant
    Soo these people who almost never wander out of the cities will gonna start increasing their toons power to get out and get stuff done, because lets be honest there are tons of opportunities out their awaiting for them.(sarcasm)
    The world bosses, the eb bosses, the ele bosses are ruled by the most powerful players on the pve servers. Ruled by the guys who could oneshot any medicore player. This wouldnt change anything expect it would powershif the current leaders alts into their actual chars.
    These guys who sit in cities only doing the daily necessities wont gonna run amok just because pvp is enabled on 2 realms. Hell if the whole server turns pvp it wouldnt change anything. I can run around the new maps and all i see is emptiness, because apart from wb's nothing is worthy there to lose stuff to some OP char.
  • im2gr84uim2gr84u Posts: 695 Arc User
    Game needs to be turned to PVP ASAP before the entire population becomes mindless grinding zombies like the 90% already are.
  • mizorexkurumumizorexkurumu Posts: 50 Arc User
    I voted no because I chose the PVE server because it's PVE. That would also make things like crucible PVP which is unfair for those that are in the PVE server because they don't want PVP.
    Nefaris (Dwarf) lvl 95
    Katsura (Vampire Mage) lvl 96
    VivixVixen (Lycan Priest) lvl 97
    SaphireMyst (Bard) lvl 95
    Kitaras (Lycan Reaper) lvl 95
    Nayalia (Tormenter) lvl 95
    Blitzetta (Assassin) lvl 90
  • uptownlalauptownlala Posts: 38 Arc User
    Can FW developers explore updating RIFT-hands to lv95 RIFT-hands? We are still getting lv85 hands with a lv100 cap. thank you
  • nickvvnickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    All i see is eyrda players saying we should become a pvp server so we can suffer like they do. Seems pretty selfish to me.
  • morsaeternamorsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    nickvv said:

All i see is eyrda players saying we should become a pvp server so we can suffer like they do. Seems pretty selfish to me.

Yep, thats exactly what they try to do here.
    I like how people from pvp servers are voting here too, like they have problems with all the farmers on our servers.
  • pinkette1#7450 pinkette1 Posts: 344 Arc User
    im from shylia, i gave you my opinion cause it can help, but i didnt vote cause this isnt my choice. But if you dont want the change that would fix most of your issue regarding the fact that you are pve server, then please dont complain about those problem, and dont ask pve change for our game, like ores popping random and other stuff like this. Deal with the good part (easy eb, only pve server getting them) and the bad side (loot beeing stolen when 36 people cant taunt a mob better than one alt) ijs XD
This discussion has been closed.