test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Turn Realms 2 and 5 into PvP on the PvE servers

Comments

• lijieslijies Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Yes, turn Realms 2 and 5 into PvP
    LOL I voted yes but I want to change it now, [FLAME BAIT REDACTED] So no.
    Post edited by thenamesdomino on
  • faybabyfaybaby Posts: 17 Arc User
    Well, it's absolutely funny what's going on here.

Yeah, I chose PvE server 'cause I thought it will be much easier for hunt stuffs and all. But I'm not against the idea making those two realm PvP (if they can make it without causing us problems).

However, it may result in losing more players since many just don't care about making a character that usable for both PvP and PvE. I mean is it that hard to have a decent resistance, gear combination? I have a full Champion set and 4 old Elemental gear parts to balance capability in both side, and since Elemental lv95 can have crit def as id I will try get 7 parts of it if this change will be added to our game.

I'd like to mention if the staff wants to make this change, they should at least give us easier ways to make our characters stronger like in the CN version. That would reduce the gap between OP players and regular players plus the PvP would be more enjoyable in those two realms.

Guess all in all, they won't change anything cause it will results in trouble or either they mess up something again. Like when they somehow managed to remove damage dealing to players and we couldn't do PvP at all.

Finally: If you really want to fix something, start with Dimensional War because that's the only place, that wasn't meant to be PvE and is it hard to enable PvP only in Lost City and maybe in Cruci? So for other option, I vote to make REALM 2 only PvP, leave REALM 5 alone. :)
  • messyfunkmessyfunk Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    To the people saying join a pvp server, if nyos was your only choice would you join there? It's so dead..

Even given the option of set realms you never have to go to then you would still want no pvp?

I wonder how many of the no votes are from people exploiting what this idea was meant to fix.. if that's the case can they even be taken seriously? And if you have a buggy game with people exploiting it and only one way to fix it do you really even have a choice?

EDIT: Wth is with the pvp server players voting no in this poll? Sure every opinion counts, except yours this time..
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    No, please don't turn the realms into PvP
    legendpve said:

inb4 people QQ more about auto-clickers and EB taunters and getting no fixes cause devs wanna fix what they want and not what we want. We should be more accepting to change, not turn down an offer cause of "not wanting to get PK'ed by csers."

Anyone who wishes for a future server merge but votes NO on this poll is just killing any hopes of ever getting a server merge. Cause they gotta give Eyrda something PvP. I'm personally happy they even offered to work on such a big patch, but having the community turn it down won't help their willingness to work for us. It should, but let's face it. When do they ever really listen to us for fixes?

We're already too spoiled with always asking for good logins and an anniversary event and throw a fit when maintenance is a restart only. We're basically little annoying brats to them, and to Domino. :wink:

I say NO leave it PVE if folks want to pvp there is pvp servers for them to go to

Ok, but then give us the option to switch servers or CS me a toon in the PVP server. :blush:
    Why PVE people have to grant cannonfodders or anything for Eyrda? They are partly destroyed themselves with the exact same thing PWE trying to implement here and thats PVP.

People asking for free stuff cuz our version of the game basicly laugh in the face of "non-cs" people by heavily limiting what they can do to get more power. With turning pvp on, they would feel the power gap even more when a bored MonCSter who just opened x amount of orb and got lvl 100 mastery go and faceroll a team of non cs while they doing a Sea Ghost in HOPE for a Flame Crystal (around 70g) or doing Crucible for a few SP/XP/gold for example, hence limiting what they can do even more.

(Ingame events like harvest festival which is removed from our version btw supposed to give us like 20d worth of mastery training points. So any kind of giveaway, anniversary, login event is basicly a compensation for something which we shud have gotten in the first place)

Instead of making polls about totally unnecessary things like this, give people more ways to entertain/powering up themselves so they dont reach the point where they are bored enough to search random people to kill...

-Raids (2 times/week would be great like HR was in the early days)
    -WPFF (literally nothing is open between like 0-12h server time)
    -Fissure (literally nothing is open between like 0-12h server time)
    -ACI (literally nothing is open between like 0-12h server time)
    -Dark/Light Point (Quest amount is limited so by the time we max the 2 skill we currently have without the x-server glitch we gonna get the next update)
    -Vengeance points (I dont think i have to explain this)

Since economy is screwed up every server, just implement a CS item which allow nubs go to a different server with a long CD, and let pve people alone in "carebear land" >.>

Or implement a flag system where we can turn on/off our pk protection.
  • darklineworlddarklineworld Posts: 55 Arc User
    I see a lot of the farmers are saying no, lol.... Anyways yes this will help control the auto clicking.... script using people we have running around in both places. I doubt anyone will be able to use alts ever again in at least lost city. I say bring it on.
    2wrkhti.png
    Thank you Ryujimei for the Picture and _caelius_ for the siggy!
  • shadrimshadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    Let's explore other options...
    It seems most players going for pvp realms dont know at all what this will mean.

So lets list some points here:

Night protection. Can be bypassed easily, several reported and still unfixed bugs can pull any "protected" player into an unwanted fight by direct exploit of certain design flaws.

Turning pve realms into pvp will NOT solve the technical issues with pvp zones being technical pve zones. Anyone remember the full pve settings for mixed mode servers that took weeks to resolve ? Now guess what will happen once they mess around with things that were not even mixed mode but pure pve.

FF is a pvp zone on crosserver. Does anyone really believe that fiddling around server settings of pure pve servers will affect the afk thing or other Xserver issues in any way ?

For the financially thinking people: The last crippled patch has already driven off enough players. Let "pvp" players on the loose in once protected areas and this will quite likely drive even more players away, seeing the usual behaviour of "pvp fans" who just hunt out for prey, and run away from challenging fights. Proof of this ? Guild "wars" for example.
    This is pay to win, anyone interested in real player versus player instead of purse versus purse already plays other games where skill means more than pixel "power".

Turning pve into pvp zones does not solve anything, it just creates a bit of distraction from the fact that long reported broken things stay broken.

And of course, equipment cost will increase heavily, as the need for a second "pvp worthy" set will arise.
    And no, you wont get this through arena until they finally decide to fix the issues there.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madamediamondmadamediamond Posts: 5 Arc User
    make 2-5 PvP and merge Illyfue + Nyos O_O <3
  • partytrain0opartytrain0o Posts: 2 Arc User

make 2-5 PvP and merge Illyfue + Nyos O_O <3</p>

Omg yes!

• divinityscarletdivinityscarlet Posts: 63 Arc User
    I love pvp as much as the next person but this would create more issues than it would solve. Me personally I wouldn't be affected much because I'm completely built for pvp, but that being said I know many who aren't and also many who just don't like to pvp, and that's fine and they should get to continue enjoying the game as they prefer because that's what they chose to play: a PVE server.

And to the people saying to make PVP because suddenly they can do Lost City now to kill those alts, okay but let me just get in there with idk... Guns/Velvet/Deve and heal them together with Auro in Lost City and let me know if you're still enjoying yourself with those "equal opportunities" then.
  • darklineworlddarklineworld Posts: 55 Arc User

I love pvp as much as the next person but this would create more issues than it would solve. Me personally I wouldn't be affected much because I'm completely built for pvp, but that being said I know many who aren't and also many who just don't like to pvp, and that's fine and they should get to continue enjoying the game as they prefer because that's what they chose to play: a PVE server.

And to the people saying to make PVP because suddenly they can do Lost City now to kill those alts, okay but let me just get in there with idk... Guns/Velvet/Deve and heal them together with Auro in Lost City and let me know if you're still enjoying yourself with those "equal opportunities" then.

Something has to be done with it... the bots and auto clickers are literally ruining the gaming experiences for those who don't cheat. If it were up to me I say ban there mains and alts for a few days, but I know damn well that will NEVER happen. Maybe there will be a rise in arena que's seeing how if people really want to fight for that place well they better have the gear to do so, or any sins case stealth.
    2wrkhti.png
    Thank you Ryujimei for the Picture and _caelius_ for the siggy!
  • elisha2elisha2 Posts: 364 Arc User

I see a lot of the farmers are saying no, lol.... Anyways yes this will help control the auto clicking.... script using people we have running around in both places. I doubt anyone will be able to use alts ever again in at least lost city. I say bring it on.

Im not farmers ! im never pick any stone crucible and never pick stone in lost city. not chance. Bcs there perma autobot. We all know from Illyfue. PVP server nothing solve. Bcs is same players. Ha. So after it, if they do it, and change for PVP, farmed again same players. Big Csers, pvp character. I no can do nothing, I choice PVE server, bcs i play pure light bard. No can imagine as im fight with big csrers and pvp char. Really, can do it as pure light in heal gear?....tsssss.....totaly stupid choice do here pvp instance. Reason? now farmed there same players, what now say here YES for PVP. No can say name. But they know, very good.

Sooooooo is not true....say NO, farmers......Farmers say, yes.

Illyfue / NewOrder /3/2011 to date
    _Lucinka_ light bard
    ElinaMais sleet (ice) dragoon
  • uptownlalauptownlala Posts: 38 Arc User
    Let's explore other options. If PWE developers are considering changing pve servers, then consider merging servers and/or realms. Have the PWE developers play the game on each server. Get a sense of activity and game play.

1. option 1: Merge servers in groups for pve/instances. Keep pvp events on an X-server
    2. option 2: Merge realms on low activity servers. Example - Have 3 to 5 useable realms, 6 or more used for overflow purposes
    3. option 3: Create random/spontaneous spawning PVE events on Polar Borderlands, Land of Origin, Triumph Plain, Sleeping Jungle and Dark Abyss maps with rewards of incentive. Have these events available like events/quests in Eclpise Hollow, Winter Heights and Sea of Oblivion. These events can be done for daily incentive rewards like merit, war god, champ or achievements. No need to build reputation on these maps to participate. This is for the casual explorer or quest seeker. Maybe reward players for map exploration. I know people like to summon Alanna, but it would be nice to have 'Alanna-type' events randomly spawning on wasted map space. Or a 'Werewolf-type' invasion near the green goblins. Or a 'jump puzzle' to save npc's in a burning sea of oblivion pyramid. These are just examples to add when players have completed their main quests and new content. Something to keep players to continue to log in. we all log in for the grind of building a strong character. But lets log in for working pvp events( dimensional wars), map exploration, jump puzzles.
    4. Bottom line...have developers play the game, fix known issues, then explore options. Thank You

• aestheticsbroaestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    For the sake of the people I play with who are mostly casual or pve oriented I'm afraid I have to say no, even if I'd have major fun in pvp zodiacs.

Tbh cruci ores arent camped by alts anymore, at least on my server: I go to cruci twice a day and half the times I bother checking the ores I can get nearly all of them without anyone else showing up. And lost city reward being made all bound also helped with the alt abuse. Sure, some people still go on multiple chars and use dubious programs but those aren't just rubbish gearless alts, those mostly go to the lower level LC which is nearly empty.

Zods would be great as pvp but from what I've seen people are too wary of stepping on each others toes, so I doubt having pvp enabled would actually make people go fight for the bosses. If they barely ever tried to ks in pve I dont think it will happen in pvp, even more so because we barely have the population to cover all of them.

I believe this would drive even more people away, so if you want to kill a dying game, go ahead.
  • morsaeternamorsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    I already see the PVP future if they change those realms:
    The crucible: Overpowered players perma farm the area for fel ores, above avarage players still have no chance on getting items.
    Lost City: Abadoned almost completely only a small party of OP players farm inside, maybe 3 if they form a raid to get the max out of it.
    Eb bosses: Instead of using a weak alt to get the drops, sins with swift evansion, prots with rocky, priests with primal soul and all classes with invincibility skills and/or taunts would be able to steal the npc. At a worst case scenario people would gather up in a raid to attack the targeted guild to steal the loot.
    Elemental bosses: Nothing will change here, these bosses are already dominated by the most powerful people of the servers.
  • siraelchansiraelchan Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I personally chose PvE server because it was PvE and I could then PvP when I felt like it in arena or 12v12s or GvG. Sure, having only two realms as PvP wouldn't be too big issue for me personally but I can see why it would be for others who made choice to be on PvE server over PvP one.

Making two realms into PvP won't solve anything though and its too late anyway. Crucible isn't as farmed as it was before, even I've been able to mine some of the stones while leveling up despite entering Crucible once a day for seals. So why fix that which is not issue anymore? Same goes to Lost City. I never went there so I do not really care who farm it but they will find way to farm it anyway either by asking friends to protect them or taking their stronger mains in. Or we could have what Divillae described happen and then we'd get constant QQ about unfair PvP and how it was better before it was made PvP. If issue is auto-clickers in Crucible and Lost City, then it is PWE's responsibility to ban them based on using 3rd party softwares and not punish others :) Plus I still want to be able to forget my main and alts in Crucible during seals when I go make coffee or something else without being killed by someone, thank you.

As far as I've seen on Illyfue EB and Elementals don't have issues outside of the issue with lv95 one where drop gets stolen by some random alt. Elementals are farmed by raids who have agreed on which boss is taken by which (at least it was, dunno anymore, feel free to correct me) and as far as I am aware it went pretty fine. And since Illyfue is PvE server it only makes sense that strongest team damage wise gets the drop. Its fair enough on PvE server and should remain like that. Same with the older EBs. Drop went to strongest raid and raids actually had to agree which boss they take and some guilds had to ally with one another to get enough people. So why make people work against one another in PvP when they are now forced to sometimes even ally and *gasp* talk to one another between raids?

Biggest issue this would aim to solve is the ratkin(?) boss in base that gives item for upgrading lv90 Zodiac weapon and even this wouldn't fix it. Bases do not spawn only in realms 2 and 5, they are randomly assigned realm after every weekly reset. Soooooo, how would this issue be solved if base you enter is in realm 8? Sure, you could say that you have to always choose base that is in realm 2 or 5 but who wants to spend time on looking for correct base every week?

So overall, I vote no simply because all issues this would solve are not issues anymore or it would not solve them at all on Illyfue as far as I am aware. PvE servers attracted people because they were PvE servers, not because they had some PvP realms. Keep them as they are. And yes, I enjoy PvP but only in situations I have myself chosen. My char is not built for PvP nor am I good at it but I still enjoy occasional PvP. But as said by many: I chose PvE server for a reason :)

<| Light Bard | Illyfue | The right side of wrong |>
    edited April 2016

Let's explore other options. If PWE developers are considering changing pve servers, then consider merging servers and/or realms. Have the PWE developers play the game on each server. Get a sense of activity and game play.

1. option 1: Merge servers in groups for pve/instances. Keep pvp events on an X-server
    2. option 2: Merge realms on low activity servers. Example - Have 3 to 5 useable realms, 6 or more used for overflow purposes
    3. option 3: Create random/spontaneous spawning PVE events on Polar Borderlands, Land of Origin, Triumph Plain, Sleeping Jungle and Dark Abyss maps with rewards of incentive. Have these events available like events/quests in Eclpise Hollow, Winter Heights and Sea of Oblivion. These events can be done for daily incentive rewards like merit, war god, champ or achievements. No need to build reputation on these maps to participate. This is for the casual explorer or quest seeker. Maybe reward players for map exploration. I know people like to summon Alanna, but it would be nice to have 'Alanna-type' events randomly spawning on wasted map space. Or a 'Werewolf-type' invasion near the green goblins. Or a 'jump puzzle' to save npc's in a burning sea of oblivion pyramid. These are just examples to add when players have completed their main quests and new content. Something to keep players to continue to log in. we all log in for the grind of building a strong character. But lets log in for working pvp events( dimensional wars), map exploration, jump puzzles.
    4. Bottom line...have developers play the game, fix known issues, then explore options. Thank You

Truetue.

Merge of Server's would be totally useful, more active people, new Faces.
    open another Thread for take a choice of Server-Merge would do much more sense (my Option)
    Pve peeps also want to do alot of Instance things ( aint working with less peeps)

I see many ppl from pvp servers votting in here which for me sounds a bit stupid tbh i just say...
    FW is indeed a pvp game, it SHOULD be fully pvp without any pve server, but then i suppose you would lose many players who only play for the pve part of it. I personally voted yes only because i like pvp, EU cross server is kinda dead unless you spam FF.
    But as someone stated earlier, if you bring realms 2 and 5 onto pvp you're gonna make some ppl quit or stop doing the stuff they enjoy doing which is pretty unfair.
    In my opinion you should just merge all EU servers together, that would make it more interesting and fun. About the realms matter, i still would like to have at least one pvp realm (realm 5 is maybe the best option since who cares about crucible and lost city?lol)
    Saw many videos about fun zodiac pvp fights from other servers and its something i would like to experience before game shuts down for real.

Yep, so true...
    Vote for Merge! :(
    Idk why we have 4 Eu Server.
    Dyos - France - kinda EU too, why they need a own Server? No Sense!
    Even we all merge into one Server, we still would have fun on X-Server, so please.
    X-Server Eu VS US would be also cool ö,o (just saying i know of time dif)
    PWE developers - adopt the GW2 option of buying a server transfer. This way you can pay to move to a pve or pvp server without starting a new character from scratch. You are only allowed one server transfer for example
    Universal Auction House - for servers with low activity, this can benefit players who have a hard time selling items. GW2 has a merged economy where players from all servers can buy and sell tradeable items to eachother. FW can merge the economy for buying and selling leaves also. Explore this option and put restrictions on certain items if needed.
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User

PWE developers - adopt the GW2 option of buying a server transfer. This way you can pay to move to a pve or pvp server without starting a new character from scratch. You are only allowed one server transfer for example

In low populated servers, would be a killer for them, though if the option was added when we had more people, could have worked.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• miyanoomiyanoo Posts: 1 New User
    An option for ppl to change servers would be lovely, I've met lots of ppl who wanted to come to a PvP server but they started out on a PvE server and later wished that they could bring their main to a server that fit their needs more.

Merge the AH and mailing system.
    Ppl on one server might need something that the other server sees as unusefull and therefore just throw out since they know that no1 would buy it on their server.
    It would make it easier for ppl who need to buy items for crafting and so on if there was more ppl trying to sell the item they need.

Or merge all EU servers and keep some rlms for PvP and the other rlms for PvE for those who prefer that.
    MERGE servers for pve. Have X-server for pvp events( LC, Crucible, Dimensional Wars, arena, FF, HOF). On a merged pve server, adopt the GW2-shared drops for world bosses. Make loot-chest have random rewards. All players can share in on world bosses with no raid or party required. Every person who gets a hit on boss can share the loot-chest. Rewards can be gold, soul gold, war god, champ pts, or gear. It's an option and it may save the game for PVE players. In GW2, when you want pvp, you go to the pvp servers ( World vs World or server vs server, 3v3, 6v6, 12 v12).
    MERGE - basically the theme here is you need to MERGE something. realms, servers, auction house. PWE developers: play the game or hire someone to play the game. Options need to be made to keep the game enjoyable
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,064 Arc User
    night protection in bot does work completely invulnerable to pvp unless you drag a wb on someone to deactivate it. just remember you HAVE to toggle the option in your bot to get it. why would ppl on a pve server have to check that? most likely thats what happened.

and cruci won't be ruled by op csers, maybe at first but then they get bored of having to pick ores every hour. on eyrda the majority of ore farmers are poor noobs.
  • pinkette1#7450 pinkette1 Posts: 344 Arc User
    i dont vote but i can give you my experience from a pvp server : crucible isnt farm by any strong player at all why would they? only people farming them are atm some new players tying to make a small bussiness from it. crucible and lost city are pvp event. Having them pve is like having arena pve XD

only problem : eb : eb is a big fight on my server, the fun of it is imo much better than the reward itself. We are fighting that much than only drop we make on shylia during eb are 75
    _85 need to bring alt to unlock boss but alts get killed too easely by the other alliance : boss lock again
    -95 : lvl 80 res of server are separated in 2 alliance, and lots of them dont like pvp and so dont show up : cant get the quest done

still loots are doable, still people can have pve, so i would change if i were you :D
  • divineaurorasdivineauroras Posts: 138 Arc User

I had this same idea, Divillae. People won't be so happy with the results of PvP in those locations. I personally use alts to farm Lost City....so does anyone think that I'm going to quietly let other people negatively affect my farming?! Not to sound too braggy, but Lost City would become a bloodbath and I know it won't be me that's crying.

The same people saying "YES! THIS IS WONDERFUL BRING ON THE PVP!" are the exact ones who say to me "you ruin pvp because you CS too much or too big of gap, blah blah blah." If people REALLY REALLY want pvp, they show up in FF or arena. My vote for NO is less selfish and more based on my concern for larger PvE population.

ALSO, I'm noticing a huge trend with "yes" voters. They are not voting YES to realms 2/5 PvP, they are assuming that this is a gateway to a server merge. Other "yes" voters are basically saying the same thing: "we need something else to do" (boredom). Er......these same people won't even show up the many times I've tried to organize Cross Server PvP (tried with random teams, fixed, balance teams, etc) and always have the same 6-7 people show up... and then come to find out players say afterwards they decided they wouldnt come because XXXX would be there.

PvP servers for PvP. PvE servers for PvE. IF A SERVER MERGE IS TRULY the discussion, then make it a separate one (not tied to this poll, which many seem to think is indicitive of the much-desired merge.

SirFanion.jpg
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage), DivineAuror (Divine Priest), SirFanion (Elemental Warrior); Allied with Rhondelyn and DarqueShadow
  • vyadhosblackvyadhosblack Posts: 156 Arc User
    As a meat shield, i think this will add some spice to the game.
    [img][/img]CattsNewCar_zpsrxfpdjpl.jpg

• phillianphillian Posts: 24 Arc User
    If you want a PvP realm, make a new realm for it, like somebody said. Realm 11 = PvP would be fine. Having 2 and 5 PvP would tick WAY too many people off. You'd probably see a lot of people quitting, actually. A large number of people are already necessary to unlock the EB bosses. I don't want to think about what it would be like if players were killing each other just trying to unlock the blasted things. What a mess! It's already kind of PvP like it is anyway. On Lionheart, there are two sets of guilds/groups that compete for the bosses. Honestly, it's fine like it is. Leave it alone.

I've never bothered with Lost City, but in my opinion, as far as the Crucible goes, if the ore was bound like it used to be, then you would have less click-bots sitting on them day and night. If somebody were to sit on the ore with an auto-clicker on, we'd know who we were dealing with and could handle it in a different way that doesn't end up killing the game experience for the rest of us. Not to mention that you guys (the staff) could see who was auto-clicking in there and ban them for it. As far as I know, using auto-clickers is supposed to be against the rules, and a quick check on people sitting in there would likely tell you who was using a clicker and who wasn't.

Now, granted, when people mess up where their clickers are supposed to be sitting and you run across a character using a seal over and over and over and over again instead of what it was set up to be doing or smashed into a wall because it was trying to get to something out of range for whatever reason, that's just funny. Doesn't happen enough to be worth the trouble, mind you, but it IS funny when I see it.

Seriously though, no. I and the majority of others on Lionheart (and other PvE servers) joined those servers specifically BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT THE HEADACHE OF PVP!!
  • natrilonatrilo Posts: 11 Arc User
    Fix things that we currently have that dont work properly first, like dimensional wars. Then come back to use with new game changing and possibly game breaking content...
  • weatherbeard#8688 weatherbeard Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2016
    I rejoined after a 2-year hiatus, mostly because of the 100 patch and someone I know IRL playing and inviting me to rejoin. On Lionheart, I'm not seeing the "problems" that this is supposed to solve. I join EB, and it's not the most exciting thing around, but I don't see how my not going would help. If I got killed there as easily in FF (which is a certainty as my toon is 40 days old with not a lick of CS and about 50g of help from my IRL friend), I couldn't even help unlock the boss because I would be obliterated by indirect damage. I don't know a thing about Ele bosses, so nothing to say there.

The "problems" in Cruci/Lost City are mostly blown way out of proportion. On LH, there's about 4 ores consistently taken by auto-bots. Bosses have solved the ability to do this with others, it seems, and I have had little trouble getting them when I used to go. I don't because there's no incentive to level past 95, and even that only has the new gear I've been going to Lost City, and the Plague of Infinite Bots seems to be a total fabrication. I haven't had trouble getting 25-40 McGuffins each visit. Anytime I've competed for one with a person there, I've had a fair-to-better chance of actually getting it (50+%). I haven't tried on all the Fogs, but it's hardly ruled by the Clicker Corps here.

I get that all these events and areas are "designed" with open PvP in mind, because that's the only frame of reference available to the devs. In that sense, the only way to get them to work as designed is to have them be PvP. Let's face it, it isn't designed over here, so no other "options" are ever going to be implemented, despite how superior they would be at fixing the problems that exist. But saying that we need to open PvP because of that is assuming that this game is in all other ways the same as in China. It's been explicitly stated that it's not. We don't get the same things, and people don't play the same way, or pay for the same reasons.

To anyone who says the GMs can't do anything about the abuse, that's [REDACTED]. Instead, they're floating an idea forcing the players to provide the policing rather than doing the work themselves. They may have good reasons for wanting this (such as a limited amount of manpower available), but it also suggests they're unwilling or unable to enforce their own rules. If they agree it's a problem and it actually is against policy, THEY are the ones with the onus of enforcing it.
    Post edited by thenamesdomino on
This discussion has been closed.