test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible workaround for those of you with disconnections.

Here's a possible workaround for those of you experiencing Disconnections. Try this:

1. Right click the launcher, select properties, and then the compatibility tab.

2. Make sure 'run this in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (service pack 3)' is selected and 'Run as Administrator' is selected.

3. Select the Shortcut Tab, then select Advanced. Make sure it's set to 'Run as Administrator' then hit Ok.

4. Once you've done that, verify your client, then try running it again.

This has helped a few people with disconnection issues. It may help you too.

Comments

• fastt007fastt007 Posts: 28 Arc User
    Just tried it, and it doesn't work for me. Disconnected after few minutes of playing, when I teleported the second time.
  • thenamesdominothenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    what OS are you using? Also you made sure the boxes were checked correct not just that they were set?
  • vyadhosblackvyadhosblack Posts: 156 Arc User
    I am getting intermittent disconnects on Windows 10 using the Steam client. Happens possibly about every 4 to 8 hours or so, not sure if that helps, general see the disconnects when there is lag or a DDoS attack.
    [img][/img]CattsNewCar_zpsrxfpdjpl.jpg

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,049 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    miraculously this seemed to fix my dcing. i can stay connected and realm hop and all that stuff. the only downside it seems it my game feels laggier, like i had to lower my graphics a tad or swap into alt+k for populated areas. ill take it though, thanks

also my char that was getting dced was just one char, dced on 2 diff computers and other client running stayed connected just fine.
    Post edited by amarantos on
  • Nope, Still dcing ....
  • kelemkelemkelemkelem Posts: 32 Arc User
    how we can tell u ... is not a issue with arc, does not matter who log the toon (can be in another country n still the same) with the dc's problem. is going to get dc's aswell. Is only an issue with a particular toon, so u can even log another toon in ur pc n play normal like always but not with ur toon, at all. more clear than that... there must be something on this toons, an item maybe a special reward or idk what than the others don't n the game is not set for that. Anyway if this help some ppl good for them, n for u to reply at least something
  • yolo#4458 yolo Posts: 42 Arc User

how we can tell u ... is not a issue with arc, does not matter who log the toon (can be in another country n still the same) with the dc's problem. is going to get dc's aswell. Is only an issue with a particular toon, so u can even log another toon in ur pc n play normal like always but not with ur toon, at all. more clear than that... there must be something on this toons, an item maybe a special reward or idk what than the others don't n the game is not set for that. Anyway if this help some ppl good for them, n for u to reply at least something

this is exactly whats happening to me and my guildies.
    "I love the smell of nukes in the morning"
  • thenamesdominothenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    One of the players who had this work ran the above steps (their main was affected but not the alt) and it worked. Even if you think yours may be different, it's worth a shot.
  • ebonywolfcubebonywolfcub Posts: 25 Arc User
    Yes, like kelemkelem said, only one of my toons is having this problem and it is my main. The steps above dont work for me. I've tried multiple computers too. I use windows 7 on both. Game is unplayable like this. If there is anything else I can try please post it again! Thank you.
    "Sickness and healing are in every heart; Death and deliverance in every hand."
    ~Orsen Scott Card
  • uptownlalauptownlala Posts: 38 Arc User
    My main chart on my main account is the only char disconnecting. i had the other 7 chars on the account online for whole day. No disconnects for them. I entered guild bases, changed realms, and went through trackstones. Only 1 char out of all my accounts and char disconnects. It doesnt make sense. It seems like my one and only main char is the target of some bug. I tried on 3 different pc's. Only my main char has disconnects every 5min or while trying to port anywhere.
    edited January 2016

what OS are you using? Also you made sure the boxes were checked correct not just that they were set?

I'm using windows 7, arc client, ran all the above steps, all boxes were checked correct.
  • uptownlalauptownlala Posts: 38 Arc User

Yes, like kelemkelem said, only one of my toons is having this problem and it is my main. The steps above dont work for me. I've tried multiple computers too. I use windows 7 on both. Game is unplayable like this. If there is anything else I can try please post it again! Thank you.

I'm having the same problem. Only my main char disconnects. I tried on 3 computers. All other chars and all other accts work fine. It's only my main char on my main acct. This is annoying and I'm unable to level up. It's not fair that i can't compete in lv100 RACE even if i wanted too. There has to be some sort of compensation
  • sirjirsirjir Posts: 114 Arc User

One of the players who had this work ran the above steps (their main was affected but not the alt) and it worked. Even if you think yours may be different, it's worth a shot.

10/10 worked here. I know it's not every situation's solution but give it a go.
    Iolar - Level 100 Assassin of Lionheart's Avatar

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,049 Arc User
    are you guys verifying your files too? its not just checking the boxes....
    edited January 2016

Here's a possible workaround for those of you experiencing Disconnections. Try this:

1. Right click the launcher, select properties, and then the compatibility tab.

2. Make sure 'run this in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (service pack 3)' is selected and 'Run as Administrator' is selected.

3. Select the Shortcut Tab, then select Advanced. Make sure it's set to 'Run as Administrator' then hit Ok.

4. Once you've done that, verify your client, then try running it again.

This has helped a few people with disconnection issues. It may help you too.

1. I checked the Launcher on Windows 10 and that icon does not have a comparability tab. I did find that tab on the icon for running a second client for the game pem.exe file.

2. Running the Windows 10 Compatibility Checker launched the game with ARC, not Steam.

3. This causes the following error message to show up multiple times before being able to start the game.

photo FW Errror msg_zpssibkzush.jpg

4. This is the result of the Windows 10 Compatibility Checker.

photo FW Trouble shooter findings_zpsrcahq7yj.jpg

5. My observations:
    a. The Windows 10 utility opened the launcher several times after signing into ARC causing the first error message to happen. An update was also immediately done upon starting the test by the game launcher.
    b. The launcher opened a second time when the game and utility were both closed completing an update of some type a second time.

I really hope this helps a lot of people out. I will update this with more information after seeing if the changes Windows 10 made (do not ask what those were, it did not show them) helped in any way.

edited January 2016
    amarantos said:

are you guys verifying your files too? its not just checking the boxes....

Of course we are not just "checking the boxes". It doesn't work either way and at this point I am beyond frustrated.
    BTW the dc happens on my alt too on the same account so not just main.

Here is the ss of the error message if it helps:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Post edited by fastt007 on
  • chupoychupoy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    i got here same problem with kelemkelem, my main toon has an item that is bugged a very long time ago.. i already talked to domino about it.. before sending a ticket.. until because u have no solution with it u just dont reply my pm anymore when u were in game.. is that the way u fix things? and now this dc problem i already sent a ticket 3 GM already reply asking for some files to check that might cause the problem i already sent the files and now no more replies.. SIGH. . . . when can u make ur jobs less fails? false update date fails update results! only Charging leaves works perfect!!
  • maryceesmarycees Posts: 15 Arc User
    I have one toon dc'ing repeatedly. All others seem fine. The only difference is my main toon has an apotheosis god maxed.
  • jazerkjazerk Posts: 41 Arc User
    to many players signed making it on bump off people from the server maybe?

5. My observations:
    a. The Windows 10 utility opened the launcher several times after signing into ARC causing the first error message to happen. An update was also immediately done upon starting the test by the game launcher.
    b. The launcher opened a second time when the game and utility were both closed completing an update of some type a second time.

I really hope this helps a lot of people out. I will update this with more information after seeing if the changes Windows 10 made (do not ask what those were, it did not show them) helped in any way.

Well, my test now has me entirely puzzled. I am no longer getting disconnect messages. The game will run from anywhere from several minutes to a few hours before it completely locks up.

I did follow all of the steps provided prior to running the Windows 10 Compatibility utility and both have had no real change.

• left4warleft4war Posts: 160 Arc User
    Been having the DC every 20 minutes on my main character issue as well. But not A single problem using my second computer with a different account's Main character. So i logged my main account onto the second computer to try it out and the DC problem came up multiple times as well.
    Imo this issue has to be some issue with some new item, skill, or something added in this patch that the server doesn't like on our Main character?
    Set up on a totally separate computer that has no problems, log a toon in that has the DC problem, and you get disconnects like crazy, then it almost has to be something server located. Not client/ customer related imo.
    Please test like this and see if it happens like this for others.
  • putkiputki Posts: 32 Arc User
    Try delete all marks from map if you keep crashing/dcing nonstop
    Orzog - Illyfye
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2pdYOgT7-J8Zvd_zfIAtcA - Orzog The Dwarf YouTube Channel
  • poswalahposwalah Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    This dont work. The issue is based on main toon. My alts which i have a few of at lv90 dont dc at all. Even using arc or bypass. So its something on main as she dc's loggin in either way. Changing compatibility isn't issue and has no effect as other accts run just fine. Its someting in the main toon server or someting we have on us thats buggings us which cant be true either as like i said my alts at lv 90 have no issue w/ same items.

also should be some sort of compensation or something cause having this major issue we cant even compete in the race to 100 so the game excludes us from it automatically. not right at all imo.
    Lv110 Prec MM - W]Lionheart
  • banjanklybanjankly Posts: 82 Arc User
    There was another post about same problem. I had it aswell. I tried everything. Verify, reinstall, scans,..
    What helped in the end was to remove the marked spots on the maps. Had several mines, npcs,... marked to find them faster.
    After i removed them all the problem was solved. No more dcs for me.
    Hope this helps a few of you, gl!
    After having the game lock completely for the last few days with no error messages, i went back to the original settings. I have about 8 presets on my maps, will try removing them to see if that really is the cause of issues since I am rarely on the maps where those are set.

edited February 2016
    Removing the marked spots on the map didn't work for me (searched maps of all areas, only had one marked position). Although dc doesn't happen now every few min, it still occurs when teleporting, entering guild base, entering crucible, changing characters etc.

Edit:
    Ok, just tried to did exo in base, crashed 6 time in a row, cant enter the base without dc, what is happening?
    Post edited by fastt007 on
  • poswalahposwalah Posts: 49 Arc User
    I call bs. Other accts have map markers n they dont dc at all. doesn't matter if its a main acct or not. an acct is an acct. and yea i tried removing markers. Nothing changed. This is still an issue and is getting really annoying. I cant get much done.
    Lv110 Prec MM - W]Lionheart
    edited February 2016
    photo FW Disconnect message_zpsu9uwux4k.jpg

Back to getting disconnect messages after the update this morning. Happens on my account and my spouse's (toon shown) account.

I don't get the disconnect message, I simply crash every time to desktop with semaphore message. Yesterday I tried on my laptop and didn't crashed at all. Seems like after the patch my pc can't run the game anymore (prior to patch everything was ok).
  • ebonywolfcubebonywolfcub Posts: 25 Arc User
    After the maintenance patch, I can now play my main character and enter instances and teleport and all that jazz.
    Thank you so much! I hope others are able to play now as well.
    "Sickness and healing are in every heart; Death and deliverance in every hand."
    ~Orsen Scott Card