test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP Healer/ Solo lvler

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Builds and Roles
I've noticed lately in PVP matches that if there's a half decent healer on the opposing team, we're probably gonna lose the match. I decided a long time ago that I like to win, so I've been reading up on Healing Builds and trying to formulate my own build. My goal is to play support in PVP matches and then to be able to Solo while leveling up. This is certainly a work in progress and any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. Here's the build....

Build by championBuilder 0.3.2

Download this Build here.

healbot: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 5: Super Presence
Level 13: Super Endurance

Powers:
Level 1: Psi Lash
Level 1: Ego Blast
Level 5: Ego Sprites
Level 5: Jet Boots
Level 8: Psionic Healing
Level 11: Regeneration
Level 14: Summon Nightmare
Level 17: Ego Storm
Level 20: Mindful Reinforcement
Level 23: Force Shield
Level 26: Arcane Vitality
Level 29: Aura Of Radiant Protection
Level 32: Divine Renewal
Level 35: Psychic Vortex
Level 35: Teleport
Level 38: Mind Lock

Talents:
Level 1: Incandescent
Level 6: Intimidating
Level 9: Energetic
Level 12: Prodigy
Level 15: Amazing Stamina
Level 18: Lasting Impression
Level 21: Tireless
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    StormShade wrote:
    # Telepathy: Ego Sprites: Slave Mentality: Each stack of the HOT provided by Slave Mentality will now do about 50% less healing, and is now capped at a maximum of 5 stacks, each target may only provide 1 stack.
    Sprites is going to be pretty weak after this makes it to live.
    I would drop regen and stick with aura of protection: as a healer you should be running in support or balanced mode. If you need health you can heal yourself.
    I don't think you need both psionic healing and arcane vitality.
    Think about taking an aoe knockback power for when you're being ganged up on. Force eruption, force detonation, telekinetic wave, and ice burst spring to mind. I took telekinetic eruption because it's also a nice damage power, but the knock back can be a bit unreliable (50% chance).
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ^I agree with most of what was said. If you DO keep both regen and Aura, I'd still take aura sooner (unless you're already a pretty high level) because you'll essentially be PvPing without a passive at all if you don't.

I would not bother with super END, because it's not going to help you in PvP. You have gobs and gobs of energy to play with. I would suggest CON unless there's some synergy I'm not seeing (does regen scale with END? still...you can't use it in support stance and more HP = good when the other team figures out what's up). I do have force sheath for extra energy management (since I don't have a reverberation option available for my primary tree), but honestly I don't need to even run my END builder in support stance, even if I'm not being hit. Beauty of that is, if people suddenly turn on you and you've just been healing the last few seconds, you can still fly at top speed and they can't.

Sprites...are gonna be nice if you're chain healing and just want to make sure you get kill credit (and therefore, XP/acclaim). Cheap and spammable on people, and fast casting. As has been said, the heal component is severely nerfed on test server.

What you're wanting to do is completely possible, because it's exactly what I'm doing (though using force as a base). I go full support in PvP, and balanced for PvE. :)

EDIT: Block enhancement might come sooner rather than later too. Also, I strongly agree with the advice about taking a knockback and the advice about not needing both heals.

EDIT EDIT: You might also consider waiting to see what the celestial set released in October has to offer...it says it'll include lots of support goodies.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the great advice. Here's my updated build....

Superstats:
    Level 13: Super Constitution

Powers:
    Level 1: Psi Lash
    Level 1: Ego Blast
    Level 5: Ego Sprites
    Level 8: Psionic Healing
    Level 11: Summon Nightmare
    Level 14: Ego Storm
    Level 17: Aura Of Radiant Protection
    Level 20: Force Shield
    Level 23: Mindful Reinforcement
    Level 26: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 29: Force Eruption
    Level 32: Divine Renewal
    Level 35: Psychic Vortex

Talents:
    Level 9: Enduring
    Level 12: Showmanship
    Level 15: Shrug It Off

Now to figure out my talents......
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh oh. Also, something I forgot. I'll admit I don't know a ton about the telepathy tree besides the heal-ish parts, but since you get improved holds in support stance you might wanna take advantage of that :) (Is mindlock a hold, I'm guessing? probably? heh)

I'll be honest I don't know what any of the talent names are >.>; And I'm still messing around with what's optimal myself, though I'm leaning to more spread out.

Sidenote, heals can crit. Not sure how common that knowledge is.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ok. here's my build with advantages.

Superstats:
    Level 13: Super Constitution

Powers:
    Level 1: Psi Lash -- Accelerated Metabolism
    Level 1: Ego Blast -- Accelerated Metabolism
    Level 5: Ego Sprites -- Slave Mentality, Accelerated Metabolism, Rank 2
    Level 8: Psionic Healing -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Level 11: Summon Nightmare -- Night Terror
    Level 14: Ego Storm -- Malevolent Manifestation, Rank 2, Accelerated Metabolism
    Level 17: Aura Of Radiant Protection -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Level 20: Force Shield -- Rank 2, Force Sheath
    Level 23: Mindful Reinforcement -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Level 26: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 29: Force Eruption -- Accelerated Metabolism
    Level 32: Divine Renewal -- Rank 2
    Level 35: Psychic Vortex -- Rank 2, Single Minded

Talents:
    Level 9: Enduring
    Level 12: Showmanship
    Level 15: Shrug It Off
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I would actually recommend both Arcane Vitality and Psionic Healing. Psionic is great for healing one person and heals for quite a bit in one chunk. Arcane Vitality is a cone, so it can heal up to ten (!) people and with just two advantage points you can remove status effects (holds, for example) from targets you heal with it. Being one of the only "dispell" mechanics, that alone makes the skill infinity valuable. You may also want to consider picking up Ego Hold or some other hold, just in case. I'm only level 37, but I am playing a telepathy/sorcery healer/support character and love it and these are just my pointers.
    As far as stats go, I would agree with your PRE/CON and as far as talents go, I would try to max those out as much as possible. I play in Sentinel stance with 106/140 for my energy pool and have little trouble with energy. I would get END as a third stat, though, just in case you need to cast Mindful Reinforcement several times in succession.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    For PvP I wouldn't even bother with Presence since it doesn't scale those heals very well overall, just run in support stance instead.

I would instead go Con/End for PvP, this will allow you to fully channel Ego Storm even if your targets have hold resistance and you're not getting any Endurance back.

Since you do not have access to Shadowform with this build I strongly recommend picking up Telekinetic Explosion since it gives a big damage boost and defense buff with a chance to knock back. It isn't usable unless you SS Endurance though as a full charge runs roughly 180 endurance. It doesn't tickle either and you can easily hit for 2k with it in support stance at level 40.