test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Newbie's Suggestion: Lose The 'Effects Lingo'!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
I'd like to point out that I'm a newbie, fairly critical of a game's weak and strong points. I'm not going to blog about my experiences to another site, or offer published feedback. All I'm doing is giving a perspective of what it is to be a complete newbie from a critical perspective.

I do enjoy Champions Online, there's no doubt about it, but the one thing that's been bothering me tirelessly is the simple fact that every power I seem to choose has 1 or 2 'effects' to it. I wouldn't mind this, but these effects aren't explained throughout the power!

For example; I look at Dual Blades, and I see that they apply 'Bleed'... Well, I can kinda assume it means some DoT, but does it mean weaken? Does it buff ME? And then I see it's affected by 'Momentum'... Awesome, how do I gain that here? Does it come as I level, or as I run, or do I just keep attacking?

The same thing goes with Ice powers, or Fire powers! What does Cold Snap do that Chill doesn't? And why can't 'Clinging Flames' just be a simple PBAoE DoT?

The point is that there is so much lingo like 'Enables Block_Mode' that is never explained, and it makes me want to beat the case with my keyboard just because with every effect I read about, I find I need to read 2 more to understand THAT effect.

And even if we DO keep the lingo, can we at least get a hover-over indicator that explains what things do? Or maybe a little doubleclick option that just opens up a new window? SOMETHING?

All I'm saying is that when I look at Fiery Form, and it says 'Enables Fiery_Form Mode'... It's redundant, and completely unhelpful to me. I KNOW it enables Fiery Form mode, that's why I'm interested in the power! How about a bit more info?

(Also, I do read the advanced descriptions, and while some of them are helpful, most of them merely lead me around in circles.)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Do you really need "Enable Block_Mode" to be explained?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I totally agree.
    The current descriptions and stuff are so descriptive that they don't tell us anything.
    the best part is the * (Only happens in certain conditions)

We never know what the conditions are!