test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Misc Suggestions

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
Hey guys, great job with the game. Fantastic story driven MMO.

These suggestions are not really gripes or issues I have with the game, but definitely things that I would like to see in the game.

1. Tanking and Healing
Right now, tanking and healing are not well defined in the game. Healers don't have many tools to heal the group. In instances and outdoor quest, heals are optional, but in lairs, I feel they are necessary due to the increase difficulty (Offensive builds will be taking a lot of damage if the mobs are not tanked). So, the idea would be to give healers a few more tools (HoTs and AoE heals in the appropriate power sets).

In the same line of ideas, tanking is an issue, I know the idea is that anyone can go into defensive stance. But the stat stacking does not permit everyone to tank successfully. Since mobs are groups of 2-4 NPCs, I can become difficult to build and hold AoE aggro. Again, maybe give the power sets that are pre-disposed towards tanking some possibility of building decent AoE threat.

2. Threat
Its very difficult to judge threat in lairs. This makes the game more difficult for all the wrong reasons. As aggro starts to break and different people start taking damage, this becomes a great strain on the healer and does not give me the feeling of being a team of super heroes who work together, but more like a bunch of madmen running in and dpsing as hard as we can so that the mobs die before us... Maybe include any kind of dps meter or just simple icons on top of the mobs heads so that we know when we have aggro and when we don't. (Nothing worse than grabbing aggro right before a big attack and getting 1 shotted because you didn't know it was directed at you.)

3. Healing Threat
I've noticed heals build great amounts of threat on enemies (this is difficult to evaluate since we have no numbers to back it up). But maybe review your threat building system, most MMOs use the 1/2 threat per point of heal, 1 threat per point of dps, 2 threat per tanking hit.

4. * only occurs in certain circumstances.
Yea... can't really deal with a "will sometimes proc". I think we should know the exact chance of a proc going off. This will definitely help in choosing power more efficiently.

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Quick bump and additional suggestion:

5. A /reply managing system, as is, you can only reply to the person who most recently msg'ed you. Tabbing to change the people who've sent you tells would be great.