test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items (Newb Questions)

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Items and Crafting
Ok I may have missed this during the Tutorial but...

I have a few questions aboout items in general.

1. I have a carbine item that gives me a bunch of stat bonuses as well as a power. I have clicked, dragged, tossed, and button pushed all over this item and it does not do crap. It says it cost 48 energy and takes up to 8 seconds touse to deal around 200 damage but it just wont activate.

2. Power enhancers...I have a couple items that enhances a power but I have no clue on how to use them. Do they only effect certain powers or can any power be effected?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    i was wondering the same thing, are some items also devices? or do those things just work.
    As for the power replacers, if you have them equipped you'll get the bonus but not all powers get the bonus, you ahve to read the description to find out what power the power replacer works with.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    1. I have a carbine item that gives me a bunch of stat bonuses as well as a power. I have clicked, dragged, tossed, and button pushed all over this item and it does not do crap. It says it cost 48 energy and takes up to 8 seconds touse to deal around 200 damage but it just wont activate.
    It's a Power Replacer, see below.
    2. Power enhancers...I have a couple items that enhances a power but I have no clue on how to use them. Do they only effect certain powers or can any power be effected?
    Power Replacers replace one or more specific Powers. Thus they are of little use if you do not have the Power(s) in question.

The Munitions PRs will give stats for the replace, you may have to guess which Power it is if the name doesn't give it away. Dual Gun is easy, it takes up more space than there is room to show. Others will state that they are Power Replacers and which framework they work with.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ZZZeroGold wrote:
    i was wondering the same thing, are some items also devices? or do those things just work.
    There are some that can be activated, these never have an endurance cost and never state that they are Power Replacers. Arms has two craftables that are placed under Power Replaces, even though they aren't Power Replaces: Prototype Plasma Rifle and Prototype Laser Gun.

Plenty of missions have these kind of items as rewards as well.