test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume: Pattern proliferation

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
Please consider allowing Patterns to be more available in other areas of the costume creator. Yes, not all models allow for patterns, but it would be nice to have all patterns available when it is. Also, there are a lot of models which could stand to allow for patterns.

Case in point, Pattern "Rock Skin" is only available when editing Skin areas (but not always). The player cannot use Gloves with the Rock Skin pattern, limiting their hero design. One might also want to use the Rock Skin pattern on something like the Integrated Shoulders chest model Cowl Flair, but can't.

Second case in point, "Monsterous" and "Serpent" types do not have an option when using Jackets. The Serpent or Monster skin is not available as a Chest & Arms layer, limiting design.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    My grief is that the camoflage option for chest tights has a shirt-like detail built into it whereas the camoflage option for legs doesn't. I actually prefer how the leg option looks compared to the chest and it'd be nice to be able to turn off any details that come with any of the available patterns.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    There are other patterns (such as Spotted) which are only available for some body parts which limits their usefulness.

Similarly, emblems cannot be placed on skin and not on all clothing.

There are also odd gaps in model options, such as no Samurai chest armor despite there being Samurai head, shoulder and leg accessories. I couldn't find any way to have armored arms or legs and although there are robe leg options there is no robe for the torso.

It's also odd that the back-mounted swords don't look anything like the swords used by the Single or Dual Blade powers.