test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crafting Materials lvl 100+

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Items and Crafting
Finding materials for Crafting 100+ is extremely painful.

For lvl 1-100 I just farmed the multiple crates from the newbie crafting mission for about an hour.

I'm aware you can research items that break down into mats, but can only break down about 1/10 items I loot.

Are there similar nodes where multiple crates appear for lvl 100+? Thus far, I'm only finding 1 or 2 crates every 1/2 hour or so around mission objectives.

Since I've entered the second crafting "Tier" I havent been able to craft a single Item that's 100+ because I cant get enough resources.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    So far, I haven't found the "clusters" that there were in the 'starter zones' -- I think this is intentional, if a little painful. The starter zones had a key quest, and they wanted to make sure people could get the components. I feel your pain! (especially when my 'adventure level' means I gotta tread veddy carefully to look for components)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That really isn't the way to level crafting, you're better off just researching items you pick up and then using the mats to make more items to research.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That really isn't the way to level crafting, you're better off just researching items you pick up and then using the mats to make more items to research.

Well the problem is only about 1/10 to 1/20 items I loot can be researched. I have to actively PVE in order to increase my crafting skills, hoping I get the right materials to drop??? If I really dont want to PVE but want to strictly work on my crafting for an hour or so... I cant to anything if I dont have the resources.

I can fly all over the zone looking for weapons crates for an hour, and maybe get enough resources to make 3 or 4 items... All the while I've done ZERO crafting, I've practiced my using my Travel Powers for 55 minutes of that hour I'm supposedly "working on my crafting" and 5 minutes looting Weapons crates. Get my drift?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I've found around 7-10 science nodes in MC yesterday. Between researching item drops and running around for an hour or two collecting the science nodes, I got my crafting to 200 by the time I just hit level 14. Also north of the helicopter in Canada is tier 2 nodes where the wolves and argent are. Alot of them actually.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    a) Make sure you activated the node icons on the minimap (you can turn it on using an icon to the bottom right of the minimap, and then all material nodes will appear when you're near them).

b) Try to choose quest rewards that fit your profession. I play telepathy/mysticism, and many mysticism quest rewards are upgrades for me, allowing me to dismantle the previous quest reward (which was mysticism as well...).
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well the problem is only about 1/10 to 1/20 items I loot can be researched. I have to actively PVE in order to increase my crafting skills, hoping I get the right materials to drop??? If I really dont want to PVE but want to strictly work on my crafting for an hour or so... I cant to anything if I dont have the resources.

Really, 1/10 to 1/20? There are only 3 crafting skills in the game, so you should be able to research on average 1/3 of the items you pick up, which is certainly the case for me. You'll do even better if you choose quest rewards that fit your crafting skill when you aren't planning to equip any of the reward choices.