test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Get rid of the enemies Full Heal if they defeat you.

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
I don't understand why they made so that if an enemy beats you they get a full heal.

I would really like it if they removed it. :)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I don't understand why they made so that if an enemy beats you they get a full heal.

Well they reset when they are not in combat, hence the 'heal' =)

And if they removed it, it would prob be exploited in some way (with outdoor bosses etc)
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Seems to me it is a anti-zerg measure. Some mobs, though, don't do that. Giga doesn't. If you get whacked, he's still at whatever health he was if you zoom back to him.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Because otherwise you could potentially chip away at an enemy who is simply way too powerful for you realistically to take.

Don't get me wrong, there's room for the old superhero second wind "must... not... let it... end... here" trope, but generally speaking, heroes stop getting up again after the first one.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's to encourage a different aproach, honestly. You can rush headlong into battle and take on most enemies, but you shouldn't be qurprised when you get yourself struck down by the tougher ones. For those, a good bit of strategy, and perhaps a good old superhero team-up, may be in order.

For instance, when I was running through a New Purple Gang timed mission on one occasion, I found myself in a thin, uphill sewer hallway with a pair of oddly-placed robot soldiers, complete with arm shields and a nasty close-range attack with knockback to boot. At first, I tried the classic strategy, that being a direct assualt with my pistols, gattling gun, and some bullet ballet once they got in close. I barely got them down to half health. The second try I tried to play defensively, blocking often, but that only served to stall for time. The third time around, I decided to keep my distance. Jump over them, strafe around, that sort of thing. Their ranged attacks weren't devistating, and once I got one down, the other fell soon after. I had victory, and celebrated by doing a jaunty dance.

So, long story short, I like this feature and want it to be kept.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Aaaaaactually it's fine as-is... while enemies' health resets if you're defeated, if you ESCAPE I find that they don't (at least for a while, if you stay nearby but out of reach).