What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Errors and glitches in Arms - Munitions 1-300 Skill

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Items and Crafting
Arms breakdown 1-300

Bit of an intro ---

First, while leveling this tradeskill, there was an entire subcategory of blueprints that I didn’t even use. Those would be the conversion items. The items that I grew short on were never the ones I could convert other pieces to.
Here is the list of Minor Enhancements, and Major Enhancements that I have.

Minor: Destruction, Reinforced, Fantastic, Atomic, Energized, Fulminating, Colossal, Controlled, Electrified, Energized, Microcell, Reinforced, Controlled, Modular, Scanner, Accelerated, Heightened, Fulminating, Amalgamated, Life Support.

Major: Engineer, Radiant, Supersonic, Adhesive, Neutronium, Power, Impact, Cyborg, Enhanced, Striker, Energy Shield, Strengthened.

These are the enhancements that I did not have enough money to buy. Note that this is at level 27, so I expect to have enough money to purchase the rest before I hit 31.
Radiant, Force, Kinetic. These have 295 or higher required skill to purchase.

When testing the Quality of an item, I compared item cost increases with increases to dexterity. In every case, for the purposes of the Quality test, I selected accelerated and supersonic as the minor and major enhancement. While I note that some of the issues involved with this are due to increases in decimal values and not whole numbers, unless a decimal place is shown in the value, the item will still appear to be improving only on the defense numbers and not on the values to character stats.

General Errors:

Arms Table-

Items use different formatting on selection names.
When sorting with the *have materials* sort function active, items with enhancement options do not filter themselves, even if you do not possess the items necessary to create them.
Minor Enhancement Atomic appears to give no actual bonus.
Major Enhancements Engineer, Adhesive, Impact, Cyborg appear to give no actual bonus.

Arms blueprint store-
Enhancement Tab -- Enhancements don’t list whether they’re major or minor, and attempt to compare them to Adhesive enhancement. Note that these don’t need to compare to anything.
Power Replace tab – Power Replacers show flavor text of item, not stats. They should show both.
Ordnance tab – Ordnance items show flavor text of item, not stats. They should show both.
Consumables tab – Consumable items show flavor text of item, not stats. They should show both.

Diagrams at the crafting table:

Flintlock Pistol Diagram -- Links to a repeating image of the item stats.

‘VI-SI “Shorty” Blaster Pistol Diagram – Links to a repeating image of the item stats.

Black Market Evader Diagram – Description spelling error, devise should be device

‘U-SHL Shellie Blaster pistol Diagram – pistol in the name should be capitalized, links to a repeating image of the item stats.

Ballistic Reflector Diagram -- Common and Uncommon Quality share the same bonus to dexterity.

TRAX GPS Unit Diagram – Common through Rare Quality share the same bonus to dexterity.

Wide-band Radio Earbud Diagram – Flavor text Degree should be changed to Range.

Utility Harness – Flavor text carry should be changed to carrying.

Weapon Hyper-charger Diagram – Quality range common to rare share the same bonus to dexterity.

High-Power Ammo Diagram – Flavor text then should be changed to than.

Rapid-fire Targeting System Diagram – Quality range uncommon to rare share the same bonus to dexterity.

Items that may be in error:

Weapon Hyper-charger Diagram – Costs one Mashara Arms to create, at Quality low, and skill level requirement 275, and has the minor enhancement option. Might need to cost two. Can be disassembled for one Mashara Arms, making it a potentially endless cycle of creation. After 10 creations and disassembles, I still had the same number of components.

Healing Patches flavor text – This may be in error, or it may be a joke. I’m betting it’s a joke, but I’d rather be complete in my efforts. The first patch “Do not operate heavy machinery” The second patch “Do not ingest heavy machinery” The third patch “Do not imbibe heavy machinery”

I’ll post an extension of this once I max the skill out, and can afford to purchase all the blueprints.

Hope it's useful to someone. :D
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    thanks for the bug report it is handy, but it is most useful if you /bug this stuff in game, then it gets into the bugtracking system. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Antiproton wrote:
    thanks for the bug report it is handy, but it is most useful if you /bug this stuff in game, then it gets into the bugtracking system. :)

The problem is is tough to put detailed reports like this into the in game bug system.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I could always submit it *now* into the system :D

And I'll be sure to do both for the 300-400 range.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That's a pretty nice write up, good work.

However in regard to the flintlock pistol replacer, if not all the ones marked 'repeating stats image' it is actually not a link to a repetition of the same stats. If you look very closely at said "flintlock pistol" you'll notice that each iteration of "Flintlock" is actually the replacement stats for a different replaced munitions power.

Ex.
    (First one) "Flintlock" is refering to the replacement effects of the 'Gunslinger' power.
    (Second) "Flintlock Maintain" refers to the replacement for 'Two-Gun Mojo'
    The third is information in relation to Bullet Ballet I believe, followed likely by Holdout shot, and possibly more after. The long link to descriptors I think is caused by t he replacers having replaced 5, maybe more powers.

The confusion here happens because aside from "Flintlock Maintain" all of the replaced powers are all named "Flintlock" instead of different names for each replacement.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Also, and this is in general, items of different quality don't necessarily (and actually in few cases) have better stats. Most of the times, what changes is the defense component.
    For example (hypothetical numbers and item)
    Low quality eyepatch:
    Requires 2 bamboons.
    Stats:
    +2 dex
    +2 end
    +1 Energy defense
    +1 Physical defense

Common eyepatch:
    Requires 5 bamboons, 3 whatchamacallits, 2 coffee beans
    Stats:
    +2 dex
    +2 end
    +1.1 Energy defense
    +1.1 Physical defense

Uncommon eyepatch:
    Requires 8 bamboons, 5 whatchamacallits, 4 coffee beans, 1 empty coke can
    +2 dex
    +2 end
    +1.2 Energy defense
    +1.2 Physical defense

Rare eyepatch:
    Requires 5 bamboons, 3 whatchamacallits, 8 coffee beans, 5 empty coke cans, 5 Sam Adams Light, 1 honest politician (very rare component)
    +2 dex
    +2 end
    +1.3 Energy defense
    +1.3 Physical defense

So it's rather underwhelming