test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Consolidated Power Wishlist Thread

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
Don't know if this has been done before, I don't see it anywhere on this board so I figured I'd post a place for the DEVs and each other to see our ideas, wants, etc. when it comes to powers. With that said, I'll start us off with a few visions of my own.

Plant- A controlling nuker powerset (think ice) primarily focused on rooting effects and dealing damage, might feature a healing ability and/or a summon (grasping vines anyone?), although including a healing ability might incline the powerset more towards a support role.

Water- A ranged nuker powerset focused on dealing damage while inhibiting the enemy's ability to produce energy and bypassing defenses; sort of based on the idea that given time, everything gives way to erosion, that there isn't a wall big enough to hold back the ocean.

Agility- A melee nuker powerset, focuses on dealing damage through rapid, successive attacks and avoiding damage. Right now one's options for a character whose concept includes super-speed/reflexes is somewhat limited; while the idea does have representation in a travel power, when it comes time to close with the enemy the Flash doesn't switch to Kung-Fu, for that matter neither does Spider-Man. This would give a more fitting option to the type of characters who don't win the fight through peerless technique, but rather overwhelming speed/reflexes/both.

Ready for criticism and for people to share their own ideas.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Martial Arts - Bow Staff

Martial Arts - Buster Sword
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sonic a la TV station mission.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Illusion - Almost exclusively De/buff and Control set, focusing on messing with opponents mental state. Think Telepathy's Mind Lock power. Plus would have a few summons, like a clone of the caster, summoning a group of random objects that fly around, etc.

Elements - We have Fire, Ice, Lightning, Force (I consider it an element, since it is similar), and Darkness. We need Water, Earth, Wind, Sound, Light (Yay, progress). We have an annoying lack of control sets, so 1 or 2 of these could be based around control, and the rest typical blasting sets. Maybe add a Time/Space set, which may be difficult, but would definitely be extremely awesome.

Martial Arts - More variety. As mentioned before, an Agility set would be very nice, and would synergize very well with superspeed. We also need a heavy bladed weapon, since we already have light, fast ones. Something like a claymore, or axe. Then a polearm or staff weapon, which would be an extended range melee set, but only by a small amount, like a couple of feet. A ranged melee set, like whip, or boomerang, or kusarigama. If they are gonna have 4 similar MA sets from the beginning, might as well add some different ones.

Variety sets - Right now we have Supernatural and Sorcery, which are both sets that contain a large variety of powers. Add some more like that. For instance, add a Trickery set, filled with traps(bombs, caltrops) , dirty fighting techniques (Think trips and sucker punches), and other assorted tricks. Then there could be a Maneuvers set, filled with melee maneuvers, like range manipulation(Flips, throws), grapples(Mantained melee damage?), and some on-hit-effects(Like a melee version of Gadget's effects).

Alchemy - A long shot, but I would so play it. Don't really want it to be a generic, 'LOL FULLMETAL' set, but then the realistic alchemy would be kind of boring, so maybe find a good middle ground. I was thinking more along the lines of assorted chemicals and potions to be used in conjunction with special attacks, melee and ranged. Like, throwing a vial of acid at an enemy to deal damage over time and lower his defence, and then send earth pillars crashing towards him. Could be a hybrid support and DPS set, and might even be able to tank.

That's all I can think of for now. Maybe I'll add some more later! :p