test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pet control keys and HUD display + other stuff

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
I couldn't find a thread about this in the suggestion box. Apologies if this has been covered (or I'm being a total noob, and some of these are already in the game).

1. I would like to suggest that the Pet Control bar either allow the controls to be dragged to the regular toolbar, or allow us to bind keys to the pet control bar. Having to click the small icons is clunky and slow.

2. Please can we have a mini portrait(s) of our Pet(s) on the HUD, along with a health bar for each.
Considering the Munitions Bots have this weird habit of standing in the exact... same... spot... it's sometimes impossible to know if one has died during battle. The display of health above the Pets is also a bit random - sometimes it displays, other times it does not. For a dynamic MMO it seems rather clunky to have to dismiss/summon pets after almost every battle.

3. It would be great if we could independantly control the Pets - so I could set one to Assist, and the other to Attack for example. It seesm crazy that a support pet (like the healer bots) shares the same pet bar as offensive pest (like munitions bots).

4. If one Pet falls in battle it would be nice to be able to summon a new one, rather than have to dismiss the remaining Pet and then summon again.

5. Customistion of pets to some degree. I've not seen an option other than changing the colour of the weapon fire(?) in the Power screen. Perhaps we could craft or find various drops that could be attached to our Pets. I'm positive I saw someone with different Munitions Bots to me... Is customisation int he game already?

6. Give players more options for pets. For example, setting a Munitions Bot to protect a team mate. Or set a list of priorities for heal bots (i.e. Player, Team Mate, Other Pets and so on)

7. Allow bots to fly with the player (I hate leaving my Munition Bots behind!)

8. It would be fantastic (and in many ways essential) to have a Pet screen, possibly when visiting PowerHouse, that shows the effect on Pets when I change my stats. I am having trouble guaging how my various stats are actually impacting my Pets. (Does anyone know a way of easily checking the stats changes on Pets?)

9. Fix the various issues/bugs with Pets
- AI (why do Munition Bots have an obsession with killing scenery rather than MoB's! And why do healer bots insist on healing everything but the player sometimes).
- Pathing (Why do bots find doorways and stairs so hard to navigate, and why do they insist on standing in the exact same spot). Improved in patch Sept 09- follow distance reduced and speed adjusted iirc!
- Control (Why do pets sometimes refuse to dismiss or summon or follow commands)

10. In Powerhouse, there does not appear to be any stats/numbers to accompany the various upgrades to the Munition Bots. I have no idea what Level 2 Munitions Bots add over Level 1. (Unless I'm being really stupid). (And as a larger issue not related to Pets... When Crafting, why is it that we can not see the Stat on BluePrints before we buy them?)

Thanks, and keep up the good work Cryptic.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Jdoki wrote:
    I couldn't find a thread about this in the suggestion box. Apologies if this has been covered (or I'm being a total noob, and some of these are already in the game).

1. I would like to suggest that the Pet Control bar either allow the controls to be dragged to the regular toolbar, or allow us to bind keys to the pet control bar. Having to click the small icons is clunky and slow.

2. Please can we have a mini portrait(s) of our Pet(s) on the HUD, along with a health bar for each.
    Considering the Munitions Bots have this weird habit of standing in the exact... same... spot... it's sometimes impossible to know if one has died during battle. The display of health above the Pets is also a bit random - sometimes it displays, other times it does not. For a dynamic MMO it seems rather clunky to have to dismiss/summon pets after almost every battle.

3. It would be great if we could independantly control the Pets - so I could set one to Assist, and the other to Attack for example.

4. If one Pet falls in battle it would be nice to be able to summon a new one, rather than have to dismiss the remaining Pet and then summon again.

5. Customistion of pets to some degree. I've not seen an option other than changing the colour of the weapon fire(?) in the Power screen. Perhaps we could craft or find various drops that could be attached to our Pets. I'm positive I saw someone with different Munitions Bots to me... Is customisation int he game already?

6. Give players more options for pets. For example, setting a Munitions Bot to protect a team mate. Or set a list of priorities for heal bots (i.e. Player, Team Mate, Other Pets and so on)

7. Allow bots to fly with the player (I hate leaving my Munition Bots behind!)

8. It would be fantastic (and in many ways essential) to have a Pet screen, possibly when visiting PowerHouse, that shows the effect on Pets when I change my stats. I am having trouble guaging how my various stats are actually impacting my Pets. (Does anyone know a way of easily checking the stats changes on Pets?)

9. Fix the various issues/bugs with Pets
    - AI (why do Munition Bots have an obsession with killing scenery rather than MoB's! And why do healer bots insist on healing everything but the player sometimes).
    - Pathing (Why do bots find doorways and stairs so hard to navigate, and why do they insist on standing in the exact same spot).
    - Control (Why do pets sometimes refuse to dismiss or summon or follow commands)

10. In Powerhouse, there does not appear to be any stats/numbers to accompany the various upgrades to the Munition Bots. I have no idea what Level 2 Munitions Bots add over Level 1. (Unless I'm being really stupid). (And as a larger issue not related to Pets... When Crafting, why is it that we can not see the Stat on BluePrints before we buy them?)

Thanks, and keep up the good work Cryptic.

I cant support this enough, the pets in this game need a bit of an upgrade. Especially the mini portals and where pets do not follow or attack random terrain.

Bone
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I agree as well. As I play a pet class in every other MMO out there, and some good and some bad, but these pets seem to be really overlooked on features. Everything noted is true, and I stand behind it as well. I know that some changes to healing pets are just being anounced, but they are more bug fixes instead of addons. I feel the pets need something more, and needs to give the "heros" the ability to control them better, and easier.