test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Inventory management

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
Maybe it's because I'm a pack rat, but inventory management is one of the more annoying things about the UI right now. Every few levels, I have to run through all my items and re-do/update the equipment sets for my builds. Anything left over, I research/sell/send to alts. It's becoming a chore.

I have two suggestions:
  1. Auto-sort. It could be something as simple as Aion's "auto-sort inventory" button where your inventory is sorted according to slot (primary offense, secondary offense, primary defense, etc.) Or something flexible and configurable like Warhammer's bag preferences: being able to specify what type of item should go into each bag upon looting.
  2. Some sort of "in use by a build" indicator. I currently have 2 extremely different equipment sets for my 3 builds (2 builds share the same equipment set). When I glance at my inventory, it's not obvious which items are being used by an inactive build. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm afraid of accidentally researching or selling an item that's actually in use. Some sort of indicator on the icon and/or tooltip would be nice. I believe Guild Wars has something similar for items currently used in an inactive weapon set (a dot on the icon's corner).
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Some sort of "in use by a build" indicator. I currently have 2 extremely different equipment sets for my 3 builds (2 builds share the same equipment set). When I glance at my inventory, it's not obvious which items are being used by an inactive build...

Or better yet, have things that are slotted into builds no longer be housed in your inventory. At the moment, if one were to actually make use of all their builds to the fullest, there would probably be no room at all in the inventory for drops, quest items, crafting, etc.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    hughJ wrote:
    Or better yet, have things that are slotted into builds no longer be housed in your inventory. At the moment, if one were to actually make use of all their builds to the fullest, there would probably be no room at all in the inventory for drops, quest items, crafting, etc.

the problem with that is when you put something in a build and it takes it out of your inventory, you're only able to use it on one build, because when you switch to the next build, it's no longer in your inventory to equip in your second build, it's stuck in the first build.

They've customized everything else, why not allow us to customize the bags? Let us choose what goes in what bag automatically. Let us customize all but one bag and if any drops we get don't get sorted into the first three (our customized bags) it goes into the "generic" fourth bag. or if you've got them all customized but overlooked a certain category, it just defaults to the first bag.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I agree with this.

Also something minor that annoys me...having to hold the mouse over an item for like a second.
    It's not major but it's just a bit of a peeve to try move items around quickly only to have nothing move at all lol.