test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Swapping out bags

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Items and Crafting
I had looked around for a way to swap out to a larger size bag without having to fully empty the old one first but couldn't figure it out. I submitted a ticket asking if there was a way to do it and they came back saying there isn't. You have to completely empty the old bag and then replace it.

So what happens if you have a full or nearly full inventory? Seem like this is something that would be a good quality of life feature to add.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Then you can't swap it. Yes this needs to be fixed. Changing bags should automatically move items from the old to the new bag and only fail if the new bag is smaller and of insufficient size to hold the items of the old bag. /bug it in-game.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    this is really annoying, as my crafting ability has increased i've been acquiring larger and larger bags, but everytime i want to switch a larger bag into use i have to empty my inventory. as i tend to be a pack rat as i play and doing higher lvl missions that are dropping things that i can't use at the moment but want to in the future the things i have in my inventory aren't always disposable. as there isn't a bank that i know of, where am i supposed to put all my stuff as i empty a 10 slot bag into a full inventory to put in my new shiny 12 slot bag? if you would allow players to drop larger bags on top of smaller ones and have them auto-switch then i wouldn't ever have to worry about this. thanks
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    There's always the bank to store in though, but of course I only think there's the one in MC, so depending on where you are crafting and which things you need with you etc, but it helps some atleast :)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Interesting note: all the crafting items in your bank are available to you at any crafting table. I have 12 slot bags, all of them usually empty as I sell the items I cannot break down at a table and use the bank every now and then.

I used to carry all my crafting materials around with me until I discovered that you dont need to, just keep them in the bank.

This is a GREAT addition to the game and makes crafting so much easier, thanks Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That I didn't know and is a very nice feature. It will also help me a lot until (if) they change the bag swapping. thanks for the insight!