test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vicious vigor broken under new intentions

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Gameplay Bugs
Now before anyone leaps on me, I read the patch notes, I know its no longer supposed to be a cone attack, despite the in game text saying it is. But I will not is it doesnt seem to be applying the enrage buff as intended.

(to thoes that have not read the news http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=51811 ))

I would like to go out of my way to say that the changes are welcome, I loved the cone but I understand the team wants to keep the set to single target destruction .

ps: this is operating under the assumption that the bleeding caused by swallowtail cut will trigger the enrage, and that it does not require rank 2 reapers caress to trigger that bleed
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I've also noticed no change to Reaper's Caress. I pay pretty close attention to my buffs to see when my focus kicks in so I think I'd notice a rage icon in there, but no. Honestly, I wish you'd just put it back to being cone damage. Considering the tree only had 1 aoe and it required the sacrifice of 3rd rank damage, I don't think it's too much to ask. I love playing with my single blade, but the only time I really get frustrated with the game is when I get mobbed and am stuck trying to pick off 1 at a time because other aoe's wouldn't fit my concept.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    *superpowered bump*
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think that it is just plain broken now. What we are saying is, don't expect the cone to get fixed. It will get "fixed" to a different behavior.
    On the test server I see the new description for Vicious Vigor. Hopefully it applies the enrage there.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Right. So I just verified that it does indeed put you in an enraged state as advertised on the test server.

Which begs the question "so what?" I see nothing in the set that takes advantage of being in the enraged state.

It seems that single blade has lost the ability to sacrifice damage for a modest melee cone so that it can sacrifice damage for an affect it cannot use.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thank god for the free retcon for head start users as I am definitely getting rid of it. What really urked me is that Vicious Vigor stopped behaving like a cone (for me) near the end of open beta, i noticed that i stopped doing cone damage and promptly reported it. After a while I was contacted by a GM and given a free respec because they actually thought it was a bug.

Now this entire time it was them changing the attack entirely and not saying anything about it until now. But I guess its better now only a week after release so I should be thankful. Thanks for the heads up Deathevn.