test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bad guys shooting through walls

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Gameplay Bugs
Happened a couple of times so far in MC. Last time, I was fighting a couple of Maniacs, when baddies started shooting me from inside the building we were outside of! I could see their guns/hands protruding through the wall, and brief glimpses of their faces/bodies. TIme before, I was pulling a few baddies (can't quite remember the villain group) into an empty old trailer or boxcar or whatever, and some of them were just shooting me through the wall.

Of course, in neither case could I target them or return fire the same way. At least that would have been fair, sort of.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I have had the same problem since I got the game. I thought it was just typical.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I have had the same problem since I got the game. I thought it was just typical.

I'm not saying it's a malfunction for me personally. I'm sure it's happening for everyone. But it is obviously a bug.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    heathenish wrote:
    I'm not saying it's a malfunction for me personally. I'm sure it's happening for everyone. But it is obviously a bug.
    I've been getting this bug with Viper Agents in Project Stein, I thought it was limited to only them as that was the first time I saw it.

I guess I was wrong about that.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I've been getting this bug with Viper Agents in Project Stein, I thought it was limited to only them as that was the first time I saw it.

I guess I was wrong about that.

Yup. Neither of the times I've seen it have been Viper Agents. Hope it gets fixed someday.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well they can also hit you when you're way out of range for hitting them. Hopefully they don't make it as much of a mess as Tabula Rasa was with regard to Line of Sight. There it was constantly not letting me attack mobs (that were shooting me) because it said I couldn't "see them clearly".
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I have also had this happen to me many times. You should always be safe from damage when your not in the line of sight.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Walls, floors, distance all the baddies can shoot me from areas where I cannot shoot back and I should be out of sight/range.

I thought it was just me.

Nice to know it happens to others.