test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Phlebotomist(devour essence advantage) root not working

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Gameplay Bugs
I've reported it in game, but figured I'd make a post as well just in case. Anyway the problem I've had on several occasions facing other players is that the rooting aspect of Phlebotomist is not working as it is described in the tooltip. I have made sure each time that there was not a root resistance and that the player had a bleed effect on them. However each time after meeting these conditions the phlebotomist's root effect never took place.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was going to make a thread somewhat similar to this, so I guess I will just post here instead. I havent tried it in PvP, so Im not sure what problems it has there. My issue with it is that the root does not start from when you press the button, but instead from when it first does damage. When you click the button there is a second of animation where you lean forward slightly and put your arms out and then lean back and raise your arms to start draining their life. During that time the enemy can move out of range and never get hit. It gets really frustrating when you are trying to regain a bit of life in PvE to stay alive and instead you get nothing but a 15 second cooldown. In order to get the bleed effect I have advantaged Iron Lariat. I pull them to me and then try to Devour Essence, and even with using it immediately after they are knocked towards me, mobs still have enough time to stand up and run away before they get hit...

As it stands the only way to effectively use the power is to place a hold on the target before using devour essence, which seems to defeat the purpose of the advantage...