test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More personal bank slots?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Items and Crafting
What has this to do with crafting?

Well after 4 days of playing i've got around 1300-1400 components in my bank. Since they only stack to 50, i'm running out of bank space *fast*

I'd also settle for letting components stack to 100 or preferably 250, that would free up alot of space as well :)

So, any word on when we can buy more bank tabs (or bag slots like in wow) or maybe an increase in the amount which components stack?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm curious as to why you aren't using your components. It's like me asking for consumables to stack because I collect them and don't use them.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I use my components, and at lvl 33/ rank 322 crafting, my bank is filled with components, even after making items for myself and making items to skill up. This is an issue as 50 is not a sufficient stack size, maybe something like 100, or even 200 would be great!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well making items is pretty useless, there's no point in putting them on the AH since everybody's cash strapped. Also since you level up the most and fastest from just researching theres no point in using the mats to do so.

I also don't need that much cash myself as selling science/arms stuff in the store gives enough cash to pay for mysticysm upgrades.

I don't need retcon money either as i already have my character planned from since open beta.

And i'm already in a guild so creating and using a guild bank isn't doing to work either since ours is already filling uit quite nicely.

I;'ve already created about 10 12 slot bags, but i now have enough mats again to make 30 more... but there's already enough cheap bags on the AH. i'm not about to flood the market yet.

Also mailing all that stuff to alts and use them as mules is going to take ages.

And it should be possible to add more bank space for everybody. Just look at the top of your bank it says 1/1. It's probably a database issue, as in if everybody has 2 tabs = double the possible database size. i know this and i'm not expecting a fix tomorrow. But still it would be nice to hear if it's on the docket (and the general area of when ^^)

Or simply quintuple the stack size and avoid the whole problem.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    My crafting is maxed at 400 and my bank is absolutely full with components. I could in theory make lower level items and sell them but typically I lack the rare components to do so but have lots of the others. I also can't sell on the market since the market search doesn't allow someone to properly buy an item nor allows me to properly price them.

My choice is to give them away or vendor really. The personal bank UI seems to indicate that it will support expandable storage too.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    TSS wrote:
    Well making items is pretty useless, there's no point in putting them on the AH since everybody's cash strapped. Also since you level up the most and fastest from just researching theres no point in using the mats to do so.

I also don't need that much cash myself as selling science/arms stuff in the store gives enough cash to pay for mysticysm upgrades.

I don't need retcon money either as i already have my character planned from since open beta.

And i'm already in a guild so creating and using a guild bank isn't doing to work either since ours is already filling uit quite nicely.

I;'ve already created about 10 12 slot bags, but i now have enough mats again to make 30 more... but there's already enough cheap bags on the AH. i'm not about to flood the market yet.

Also mailing all that stuff to alts and use them as mules is going to take ages.

And it should be possible to add more bank space for everybody. Just look at the top of your bank it says 1/1. It's probably a database issue, as in if everybody has 2 tabs = double the possible database size. i know this and i'm not expecting a fix tomorrow. But still it would be nice to hear if it's on the docket (and the general area of when ^^)

Or simply quintuple the stack size and avoid the whole problem.

Sounds to me like you need to stop crafting. I mean, listen to yourself. You just said it's basically useless, so why are you hoarding materials? That makes no sense.

Oh, and BTW, you make items and then research them. That's the point in making items. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Vendor prices actually aren't too bad. I'm only at 300 crafting right now, and blue items I create sell for over 1g to a vendor.

But go on hoarding materials when you state yourself you have absolutely no reason to do so and then complain about bank space.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    They key is, rzr22 (man does that roll off my tongue) that you will outlevel your materials eventually. I.e a point where making the low level items give you nothing or not enough for research. Also you'll run out of rare components. So I'd say he still has a point. easiest solution? Send low level mats to an alt. You can make bank chars in this game too.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Send low level mats to an alt.

Did you read his little ineptitude post?

"Also mailing all that stuff to alts and use them as mules is going to take ages."

And I don't understand your argument. If you outlevel your materials, use the rest of the materials to create items and vendor them, then vendor the rest of your mats if you're not going to use them. Even when people have money, I doubt they will be buying low level items. The craft items in this game are terrible and are only slightly better than equal level quest gear, which gets replaced in two levels anyways. Just vendor the crap and move on. Why keep old mats you can't use? Either go farm low level enemies for low level items to research and get more rare mats (or convert some into rare mats), or vendor them. Why do you bother keeping them?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Mailing stuff to alts hardly takes that long. Each mail can have 5 item slots. In either case, either vendor or make items and vendor if that is too much trouble. As with almost any craft in any MMO I've played, the goal is the end result (max level items) not, the road there.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    My problem with the bank slots being inadequate is also due to components filling up the whole thing.

However, I would have GLADLY made more consumables, but I ran out of one certain component and had over 150 of the others in the Tier 1 stuff. So I threw all my Tier 1 components on the Market to make room. Someone bought a stack today, so that's good. The others...the Tier 3 HOT Bots requires the rare component which is, as the name implies, rare. That seems like an enormous cost for something that lasts 10 seconds and then is gone. It also means that my components are piling up in the bank since I'm saving for possible custom items. I'm Science/Exposure, by the way.

But yes, the ability to expand our bank would be nice. Components quickly fill it up.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I agree the stack size should be much higher than 50
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Crafting and the AH seem... well... pointless... It's nice they put it in but you can tell they didn't spend much time on it cause, frankly, it won't be used much. It's so easy to level up your own crafting skill and much cheaper, untill this game's had time to sit around and get a good base of gold sellers I wouldn't even bother...

Just keep x stacks of every component and toss everything else.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    In the closed beta, we used to have 6 bag slots (and 18 slot bags) and components could be stacked to 250, the devs obviously thought that was too much.

Inventory space is almost always a scarce resource in MMOs and cRPGs in general. This does help promote trading of items you can't use yourself.

@TSS, the Auction House is very active. I've already deleted more than 100 mails about items I've sold since launch. From 20L to 2.5G or more. Set the price intelligently and you can sell anything that can be put up for sale.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It wouldnt be so bad if they add a proper market system, as it stands right now making practically anything other than bags and it'll just sit there for ages. Crafting stuff and selling to a vendor is more profitable and quicker which destroys any point in crafting. Name only search when you have thousands of item names depending on how you customise them when crafting, I can make +50 end item which im sure people would like but are they going to search for a reinforced strong genetic alien biology mutation blah blah blah lol Really need some search options on market place
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    My point is supply and demand. I can make items off my mats sure, but there's no demand for them.

And where there is like in bags there's a *huge* supply. There's only like 200 people 31+ at the moment and 16 slotters are already selling for only 2 gold. That ain't expensive. What'll happen when 20000+ people are 31+?

The only option there's left is making very rare items. But yknow what's funny?

I got 300 mysticysm today. I'm in the 30-32 content gap so i cannot level my skill up at the moment. My bags are full my bank is full, and if i decide to make the highest, rarest avatar item i can, i can make a grand total of....

1. It requires 4 of a blue component of which i have... 4. No way to convert more mats into that component, either.

And i'll end up with a blue item which is 1 level lower and 5 consitution weaker then a green drop i'm wearing now.

Please note i'm thinking ahead, about 2 months into the future. I'm making these suggestions now because making changes takes a while. Rather suggest it now then in 2 months when everybody runs into those problems with high level stuff.

Now if you'll excuse me, i've got a market to flood to prove a point.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    TSS wrote:
    And where there is like in bags there's a *huge* supply. There's only like 200 people 31+ at the moment and 16 slotters are already selling for only 2 gold. That ain't expensive. What'll happen when 20000+ people are 31+?
    We may see some sane prices for stuff?

The 16 slot bags require materials worth a grand total of 22N & 40L.

Even if you say that materials are worth double their sell price, that's 4480 for the materials.

You're complaining that you can't make more than 5 times the value of the materials...

If anything, most of the stuff up on the AH is horribly overpriced compared to the amount of resources people earn and the base value of items.