test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request for balanced passive ablities

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
Please give us balanced passives.

Currently the passive ablities are all offence, or all defense. I don't like extreme, specialized characters. I don't like defenseless blaster-type characters that are all offense. I don't like low damage, all-defense tanker-type characters. I like balanced, versatile, scrapper-like characters.

Please give us passives that give us a balanced mix of offense and defensive ablities.

I'm really dismayed you all didn't think of this already.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Koriel wrote:
    Please give us balanced passives.

Currently the passive ablities are all offence, or all defense. I don't like extreme, specialized characters. I don't like defenseless blaster-type characters that are all offense. I don't like low damage, all-defense tanker-type characters. I like balanced, versatile, scrapper-like characters.

Please give us passives that give us a balanced mix of offense and defensive ablities.

....why?
    Unless they make it overpowered, it would be useless. It would have to have mediocre (at best) abilities for an offensive and defensive role. Maybe if you plan on trying to solo the entire PvE game world, it might have a few marginal uses...aside from that, you can just pick "Super Hero" as your main stat focus, and then select the passive ability that best suits the role you want to play....because if they mix it, make no mistake, you will be doing bad DPS and bad defending. Every defensive ability will be better, and every offensive ability will be better, or else EVEYRONE would have to make this supposedly "balanced" passive ability just to remain competitive.

You can already pick whichever abilities you want, offensive and defensive, and you can mix your stat focus dump between the two. Making something more mediocre does not make it more "versitile". So again, if it's not overpowered, it'll suck.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think somewhere between "overpowered" and "suck" there should be a sweet spot called balanced.