test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

glitch when doing research

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Items and Crafting
dont know if im doing something wrong, but whenever i bring multiple items over to research i get about 10 skill points total, but if i do one at a time i get about 10 per item. is this supposed to be like this or is there a reason?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Look at the quality of your experiment, once you are at 5/5 you are getting the best possible result and don't need to add more stuff to the experiment.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ok gotcha, thanks
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    wow...wish I woulda known that before...I just deconstructed about 12 items...could have gotten about 100 points. Why does it allow you to add more items when you have reached the max?

man that sucks.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    wow...wish I woulda known that before...I just deconstructed about 12 items...could have gotten about 100 points. Why does it allow you to add more items when you have reached the max?

man that sucks.

Because sometimes you just want to deconstruct as much stuff as possible as quickly as you can, you aren't interested in the Experimentation aspect.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Antiproton wrote:
    Because sometimes you just want to deconstruct as much stuff as possible as quickly as you can, you aren't interested in the Experimentation aspect.

Yeah, if you are sitting at the crafting cap for your level and you are just deconstructing things for parts to make other stuff, it would be a real pain to have to do each one separately.
  • Options
    edited September 2009

On this topic, there is a functionality to the system that I'd really like to see: The ability to deconstruct multiple items at once with maximum efficiency.

By that I mean, I'm getting really tired of having to deconstruct each item one at a time because doing two or more at once is a waste of potential skill points. I get the idea of combining multiple items to get a better chance at "rotundity" or whatever, but I just want to be able to decostruct ten "2 star" items at once and get my 10 skill for it, instead of getting like 4 skill or whatever it would come out to at the moment. The "working" phase of it can even be ten times longer if necessary, I just want less clicking. There should be a toggle between the current "combination deconstruction" mode and a "batch deconstruction" mode that has exactly the same result as if you'd deconed each item individually.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ohoni wrote:
    On this topic, there is a functionality to the system that I'd really like to see: The ability to deconstruct multiple items at once with maximum efficiency.

By that I mean, I'm getting really tired of having to deconstruct each item one at a time because doing two or more at once is a waste of potential skill points. I get the idea of combining multiple items to get a better chance at "rotundity" or whatever, but I just want to be able to decostruct ten "2 star" items at once and get my 10 skill for it, instead of getting like 4 skill or whatever it would come out to at the moment. The "working" phase of it can even be ten times longer if necessary, I just want less clicking. There should be a toggle between the current "combination deconstruction" mode and a "batch deconstruction" mode that has exactly the same result as if you'd deconed each item individually.

That would be convenient for power-users like us, but I reckon having that option would confuse newbies horribly.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Antiproton wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this... why make experimentation and efficiency mutually exclusive?
    Please tell me this isn't for RP reasons.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Lo_Jystix wrote:
    I'm not sure I understand this... why make experimentation and efficiency mutually exclusive?
    Please tell me this isn't for RP reasons.
    Experimentation
    To increase your rank in your chosen crafting profession.
    You do this by deconstructing items created by your chosen profession. The max skill you can gain from any one experimentation is 10. Every time you deconstruct something, you get some items useful for crafting back. You can add in as many items as you like but you can never get more than +10 to the skill in one go.

Experimentation takes about 4 seconds to run

Efficiency
    To be able to deconstruct large numbers of items in just one four second run instead of four seconds for each and every one of them.

Antiproton is talking about that after you hit level cap for you chosen profession, there's no reason not to experiment all the items at once in one four second block instead of doing it four seconds at a time.
    The only time you DO, want to do that... is when your first building up your skill in that crafting tree.

Let me just say now, I like the crafting system even if I still have no idea if the only difference between the various tree's is flavor text.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    For noobs I think a little label or something should come up and tell you that you will get a maximum of 10 points for this experiment.

So if I put in 3 5 star items it would let me know that I won't be getting the max amount of points. If I am cool with that, then I go ahead. In my case I had no idea it worked that way so I lost out on about 80 points...
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Experimentation
    To increase your rank in your chosen crafting profession.
    You do this by deconstructing items created by your chosen profession. The max skill you can gain from any one experimentation is 10. Every time you deconstruct something, you get some items useful for crafting back. You can add in as many items as you like but you can never get more than +10 to the skill in one go.

Experimentation takes about 4 seconds to run

Efficiency
    To be able to deconstruct large numbers of items in just one four second run instead of four seconds for each and every one of them.

Antiproton is talking about that after you hit level cap for you chosen profession, there's no reason not to experiment all the items at once in one four second block instead of doing it four seconds at a time.
    The only time you DO, want to do that... is when your first building up your skill in that crafting tree.

Let me just say now, I like the crafting system even if I still have no idea if the only difference between the various tree's is flavor text.

Explaining the difference between experimentation and efficiency (thank you?) doesn't answer the question.
    Why make them mutually exclusive?
    Why is the game designed not to allow for queued deconstructions to amass the same points as individual deconstructions?

That question still hasn't been answered.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It -IS- for roleplay and flavor reasons, your max is 10 skillpoints at a time, you really don't need to level your crafting skill much more than that, seeing as you'll only have to do that nine more times to max out for your level range.

Honestly there has to be a little slowdown somewhere, but in that first 1-100 stretch, you're almost always maxing out without noticing, as long as you deconstruct all your spare (Arms, Mysticism, Science) items, before you level to the next set of ten levels. The only place it's even mildly close, was 11-21, when the drop rate was 1/4 of what it is now.

On the other hand, craft up some of the cheap 50, 70, or 85 skill items, and deconstruct them, repeatedly, and you'll skillcap far before you hit the level to buy your next skillcap increase. Then do the same thing with 135, 150, or 185 skill items. (Certain consumables work, sometimes certain miscellaneous items, are slightly more efficient, than actual 'gear.')

I'm sitting at 300 skill, been there since 24, partially because I collect every single mysticism drop(quest reward) that I can, and craft and deconstruct, whenever I'm bored of dieing for a little bit, usually going up 4-6 points at a time.

It takes me getting bored twenty times, or having a boatload of loot, twice, and getting bored 10 times, over a day, to go from 200 to 300 skill.

My only problem is I don't have the cash to keep up with buying recipes, nor do I have the tier 3 Profundities for mysticism, to buy the current profundity only items. I'm hoping that I don't miss out too much, if I can't get them by level 31, and then if I jump straight to greater profundities.