test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where the heck is my d2d retail key? Still nothing

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in PC & Technical Issues
Game went live today , there is still no update in 'My account' with the champions retail key.

Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

It sucks that I cant even patch without this key.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    NOpe still waiting. have made a support ticket but have no clue when it will be resolved. Altho this doesnt directly reflect on Cryptic, have had no complaints with Cryptic to date, always found both cryptic and ncsoft both to have great customer support. Unlike blizzard who couldnt give to poops about the paying customer lol.

Hopefully d2d will pull their fingers out of their poo chutes and sort it out
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Indeed. Im having this problem aswell and i am a bit ****ed.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i most definately wont be purchasing from d2d ever again. aside from the obvious reason, i submitted a support ticket 3 hours ago and havent even had a donotreply email acknowledging that i have an open ticket. really shoddy customer service.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ~5 hrs 30 minutes from the time of this post.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    im also having the same issue....and i will never buy from these idiots again.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    im not sure but ive seen it stated by a dev somewhere that we can simply enter using our beta launcher and then just have to activate the game within 6 days, but i agree, d2d is being shoddy and slow today
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    sadly beta launcher is no longer a viable option. you have to have a retail key on your account to even be able to see the server as available. You can launch the launcher, but wont be able to access the game now until d2d have sent you a valid retail key, which is what the complaint here is.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    5hrs 18 mins till release, according to their main page video on D2D.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yup, also never using D2D again, Useless.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    According to what i have seen on the d2d site they are not releasing the game until the 7th of september. The only reason i brought from them in the first place was so that i would not have to wait until the 10th for the game to be released in Australia. I am also waiting on the retail key. Maybe it's a case of to many orders and not enough keys. Who knows
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    axeley wrote:
    According to what i have seen on the d2d site they are not releasing the game until the 7th of september. The only reason i brought from them in the first place was so that i would not have to wait until the 10th for the game to be released in Australia. I am also waiting on the retail key. Maybe it's a case of to many orders and not enough keys. Who knows

are you sure? the site say 1/9

Anyway i think this will be last time i buy from D2D. This is very poor
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i wonder if those of us who bought via d2d will get the 18 hours playtime that we will have been denied, refunded to us. since most people have been playing since midnight, and if that timer is correct, we will have lost out on 18 hours of game availability that other vendors have provided.

Axe i pray you are wrong lol, could you imagine the legal ramifications of them selling more then they had, i shudder to think
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    it appears that that was for there competttion they were running. And the question about a refund for time is a good one.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Seems to me D2D has been nothing but a pain in the Arse since this all began, damn sure will not purchase from them again!!!:mad:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I always assumed it was 6pm GMT on the 1st.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    well apparently your assumption was right. Altho in my humble experience, all other MMO's operate on a 24 hour clock and usually consider Midnight as zero hour. Except WoW which for some reason uses 3am GMT, but then Blizz are retards.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    the legal ramifications would indeed be bad, i am just trying to come up with a valid reason why they have not come across with the game keys, from what i have seen here there were a lot of orders placed. but who knows certainly not me. I guess i will just have to wait patiently until the key is sent. I just checked my account again in the vain hope something might of happened but still nothing
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Just have to be be patient sadly. I should have had access to the headstart, but since I am working cant play until tomorrow morning :(
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ok guys i figured it out. Theres a timer on the front page saying 4hrs 30mins left, so i assume you get the key then :p
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    sodapop3 wrote:
    ok guys i figured it out. Theres a timer on the front page saying 4hrs 30mins left, so i assume you get the key then :p

Great...looks like I gotta wait until after work, and then spend all night patching!!! BLEH!!!! Thanks for lookin' out SodaPop3!! :o
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The game isnt live yet...

/faceplam
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fifer wrote:
    The game isnt live yet...

/faceplam

That's all I've been trying to figure out so far.. Not sure if anyone is on other than head-start *******s.. So I hope we get our real key by launch time :/
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Err... the key you get from D2D, the one you could use for OB too works as a retail key too... I only entered the key I got during Open Beta so I could access it, I also played perfectly fine during the Early Access Program, and now I'm playing after launch just fine. As of today my Account page on the (CO) website doesn't say the retail key is pending anymore. I'm a full fledged lifetime subscriber now.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well, I'm still waiting for my key from Gamestop. I emailed them and they gave me a useless reply. Been waiting since the begining of open beta and nothing. Not even a single letter of a key.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    This is a D2D key topic though, the Gamestop key topic is here.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm a full fledged lifetime subscriber now.

This is why your D2D Pre-Order / CB key lets you in, your are still in the grace period.

I like most originally hoped that the D2D would let me in to the heads start, the only way I could get in was to purchase the 6 months deal. Soon as I purchased that I was in and busy levelling.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    You didn't read the sentence BEFORE that one. It said that on my account page it doesn't say the retail key is pending anymore. Thus everything is validated and I'm ok.

To make it easier:
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/DaDennis12/preorderlifetimesub.jpg (also attached it due to lack of an IMG tag)

It used to say: RETAIL KEY PENDING in big blue letters behind the Lifetime Subscription part.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DaDennis wrote:
    You didn't read the sentence BEFORE that one. It said that on my account page it doesn't say the retail key is pending anymore. Thus everything is validated and I'm ok.

To make it easier:
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/DaDennis12/preorderlifetimesub.jpg (also attached it due to lack of an IMG tag)

It used to say: RETAIL KEY PENDING in big blue letters behind the Lifetime Subscription part.

Hate to tell you my friend but that's not exactly correct.

I didn't pre-order from D2D, I pre-ordered from GameStop with the in-store Pickup option. Yet, mine says the same thing. *points at attached pic*
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So removing the 'RETAIL KEY PENDING' notice doesn't mean it isn't pending anymore, it means the website is just tired of showing it? I blame cryptic on that one :P And D2D for not giving me my retail key yet then.

I'll check if I have my retail items ingame when I get home. If I do I will know my key is ok.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DaDennis wrote:
    So removing the 'RETAIL KEY PENDING' notice doesn't mean it isn't pending anymore, it means the website is just tired of showing it? I blame cryptic on that one :P And D2D for not giving me my retail key yet then.

I'll check if I have my retail items ingame when I get home. If I do I will know my key is ok.

I think it may be related to the grace period. Though, that's pure conjecture.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The pre-order key does not work as a retail key , tried it.

I cant even patch either.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah im sitting in the same boat as well, Can't patch still. Guess we are just waiting on our retail keys still?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I also bought from d2d (last ****ing time) and the countdown on the main page says 1hr and 7mins. So, guess we have to wait for that.

EDIT: I just logged into D2D and could choose "Download Now" next to my Champions Online (and not the "Champions Online pre-order" thing) and got my retail code!

Just activated it on the site and my account now says I've got D2D retail and am currently downloading the patch. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm definitely not ordering from D2D again. For something that should really be easier and more convenient, this is just a huge pain in the.....
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    THE KEYS ARE UP....well for me anyway :)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ahh yes, I came home just now, D2D now released the Retail keys. All fixed ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    This is so unclear, wasn't we supposed to get the keys in our emails? I had to follow the steps "Retape" did in order to get my retal key.

What if i don't want to subscribe now but want to play my 30 free days?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What's the deal here? I'm being forced to accept subscribing first to get my retail key in even though I have 30 days and haven't even started playing yet?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ephie.ire wrote:
    If you click cancel on the screen that tells you to enter your CC info, it should just allow you to play with your free thirty days. It did for mine and a friend's accounts.
    Indeed, it's true.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Direct2Drive has the keys up on their site. Go to download client for retail (not preorder) and they show up at the bottom of the screen.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm definitely not ordering from D2D again. For something that should really be easier and more convenient, this is just a huge pain in the.....

Indeed. I hate D2D. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    FIGURED IT OUT!

Go onto D2D, --> My Account --> Champions Online "DOWNLOAD NOW" --> Scroll down and copy your key into Champions Online --> Add a credit card --> Small Patch and Play!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Please go to your Direct2Drive account and there will be a option to " download the game client" , this will provide you with a CD key to play the game. You have to enter this CD key at http://www.champions-online.com/enter_key when logged into your account.

Thank you for your time and patience,
    Cryptic Support
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ephie.ire wrote:
    Indeed, it's true.

True true XD
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Guys I had to go back to my Direct 2 Drive account and you will notice 2 entries if you preordered. One for the preorder and one for the Regular version. I selected to redownload the "Champions Online Version" not the preorder. Then I was shown a NEW key. I did not notice the key was similar but different. Make sure to check the key mine was similar to the preorder key. Hope this helps:eek: