test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

item drop rate

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Items and Crafting
I have notice that the amount of crates, mystic crystal, or satellites that are respawned in the zones is low. I am having a hard time finding the most common of items for my character. Any of my uncommon blue prints are, as I think of them, rare to have or make. So my question is, will the respawn rate be changed as more people populate the zones, or will we have to fight other people more than NPCs for our respectable resources?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I agree. The drops seem to low. I am about to give up on crafting altogether. I made the mistake of not harvesting as much as I could in the first Canada zone. Now that I am in the Canada Wilderness I cannot find enough components. Here are what I think some of the problems are:

1. I do not get any skill upgrades for harvesting components. I have not seen one. I have heard that this is a bug and that I should be getting skill upgrades. I have harvested 20+ 30+ and never seen 1 skill upgrade. I am doing Mysticism / Arcana.

2. The components seem to be very low. I did find a place I can get 3 every 5 - 7 minutes, which allows me to make 1 item. This 1 item gets me 1 skill increase. So based on these stats I can get to 100 in 10 hours of game play.... I am sure I am missing something.

3. I know I can experiment and this seems to be the best way to get skill up. The only way I have found to really experiment would be to give up on wearing any mysticism equipment and experiment on it.

Am I missing something? To me it seems that crafting is broken. Now I have seen posts about people with very high crafting so I assume I am doing something wrong.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think you'll find that building up Mysticism at least is easier in the Desert. Heaps of drops around the place to collect. Developing and then Researching on those developed items should get you leveled up fairly quickly.

Getting from 100-200 is a bit more challenging, but I focused on flying around MC for a while collecting the drops around there and I am now 198 Mysticism/Arcana from a weekends work.

Now I just need to get to level 21 so I can keep going...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    They do need to do something on the Mystic front in Canada though.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I agree with the spawn rate for crafting components, but what concerns me more is the lack of drops from bad guys. I am getting about 1 drop for every 3 or 4 hours of gameplay. Researching on these is the fastest way to increase crafting and get components. As it stands I'm only getting Arms quest rewards when available so that I can break them down.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I agree that even the item drop rate from the npcs are low. That is a concidable part of the equiation. This all adds up to a character that runs out of equipment options and the ablility to contruct a character how you want it.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You can get more than enough components via researching drops (ie: breaking them down). Make sure you use enough items to get 5/5 and not just using a single item that gives 2/5 or 3/5. You'll get a chance at epiphanies plus bigger skill ups and more components in return.

I've hit my skill cap 2 or 3 levels ahead of being able to raise it so far. I was at 200 by 18 and hit 300 at 27. Most of my skill ups have been via research and not looting containers.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You can get more than enough components via researching drops (ie: breaking them down). Make sure you use enough items to get 5/5 and not just using a single item that gives 2/5 or 3/5. You'll get a chance at epiphanies plus bigger skill ups and more components in return.

I've hit my skill cap 2 or 3 levels ahead of being able to raise it so far. I was at 200 by 18 and hit 300 at 27. Most of my skill ups have been via research and not looting containers.

You are correct but there is not enough collection nodes being spawned. Also, I have ran into the same problem as others and not having items dropped by NPC enemies.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So is the desert the only place that has a good enough rescource container drop to keep people up with their crafting v.s. level.