test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Slightly confused about stats.

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
After reading few guides i think i'm up to date on stats and what they do but one thing still confuses me..

Which stat increases what damage?

Strenght:Increases melee damage but does it for exsample increase shuriken damage(which i think was slashing but ranged)

Is there a specific stat that increases crushing or particle damage and so on? and if there is, is there a list which specifies which stat increases which damage?

Edit:After reading abit more i came to this conclusion, no matter what super stat you choose as long as you increase it you'll do more damage. Correct if i am wrong please.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    As far as damage goes there are three things that matter.

1. Your super stats, increasing these will always increase your damage.

2. Stats that boost the damage that energy forms boost. For example: Fire form scales up damage with presence, Ice form with endurance. If you increase endurance and you are using Ice form your Ice form will have a larger boost to damage for the damage types it effects. Endurance WILL NOT increase damage for ice powers directly, only the boost from Ice form gets increased by endurance.

3. Strength for melee attacks. Strength will directly boost damage for melee attacks on top of the boost you get from your super stats. As for the question of the shuriken attack and strength, I don't know exactly what powers count as melee, so you would have to check in game by taking off +strength equipment and seeing if the damage goes down.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Melee is simply all non ranged powers, STR gives 2/3 of the bonus a super stat gives you so for a melee guy your better of picking STR than anything else as your get 5/2 damage bonus instead of 1.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Keevi wrote:
    Melee is simply all non ranged powers, STR gives 2/3 of the bonus a super stat gives you so for a melee guy your better of picking STR than anything else as your get 5/2 damage bonus instead of 1.

I'm pretty sure its only physical melee damage. Ego Blades do not do more damage based on Str, to the best of my knowledge.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Keevi wrote:
    Melee is simply all non ranged powers

That is a little misleading. There is a flag on powers that the game uses to decide if the power is "Melee" or not. It is possible some powers that should be melee have been mistagged. Also, by that definition powers like Pyre would be boosted by strength, because they are not ranged. It's best to check each power to figure out if it is getting the additional bonus from strength or not.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the answers, much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Leonine wrote:
    After reading few guides i think i'm up to date on stats and what they do but one thing still confuses me..

Which stat increases what damage?...
    I could be wrong here but powers scale to level with exception of this list..which could be outdated:

(Currently Listed) Powers That Scale With A Specific Statistic
    Electric Form - END/ REC
    Fire Form - PRE/ REC
    Personal Force Field - END/ EGO
    Ice Form - END/ DEX
    Killer Instinct - EGO
    Invulnerability - STR/ CON
    Lightning Reflexes - DEX
    Ego Form - CON/ END
    Ego Surge - END
    Telekinesis - EGO
    Empathic Healing - PRE