test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ego blades super stats

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
I'm am going to go with ego blades and play mostly melee. I was thinking about going STR/CON for my superstats. I am going to use the darts advantage for my second blade and regen for my passive. Strength will help with some holds, picking up objects, and melee damage. Does any one know if I will really be gimping my damage by not using END as a super? Will END scale a lot higher damage wise for the blades then STR will with the melee damage?

I have found some threads on this but no one has mentioned STR as an option. In some of the melee forums some people believe STR/CON is an efficient melee build. By the way i am more concerned on the out come of PVP then PVE.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    To do any good damage with ego blades, you'll need Ego form.

You'd need to take CON/END, since End improves the damage of ego form, and CON increases the resistance.

I'd choose END over STR, since its for an energy form.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The damage of all the ego blade powers also scale with your endurance, so yes, you are gimping yourself without end if you primary method of attack are ego blades.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Won't i be really squishy with Ego form though? I know I need the second blade that's why I was going for the darts advantage. It seem to me once people see you don't have a defensive passive you are just the target. I have no doubt the form will up my damage but will the damage out way the survivability?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It doesn't take that long for the proc to go off and it's usually up by the time your bar fills anyways. I wouldn't get STR though. Frankly I wouldn't get STR on any char that doesn't heavily use Enrage/normal melee at this point :/.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I've been using a End/Con superstat build and have been quite happy with it. TK Eruption will also give you a damage resistance and damage boost if you charge it over 50% and you will need a good bit of Endurance for that. So far I've been using Personal Force Field from Force for my passive buff. It scales off of Endurance and Ego and has been quite nice with my boosted Endurance. I plan on getting Shadow Form later for my Offensive build to boost damage more. Get the Incisive Wit advantage on the energy builder and you will be able keep the dual ID Blades going most of the time.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I agree with the previous posters. I use CON/END as well, and a defensive passive instead of Ego Form. The Kinetic Dart advantage, Ego Surge and Telekinetik Eruption can be juggled around just fine to keep high damage up without any problems, and the defensive passive does wonders for survival. So far I am having a blast, and the same build worked fine when tested at level 40 in Open Beta, so I hope the same will hold true now. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You will not be squishy using ego form as your passive. Rank 3 gives +30% resistance to physical damage. With a block modifier like TK Shield that has a linger effect you actually become quite hardy. If a different passive fits your concept by all means take it, but you need to seriously look at ego form. The damage increase you get from dual ID blades is very nice. There are some very nice craftable heal over time and force field items you can make that will give you even more survivability.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    TY for all the replies so far.

Cathbad that is a good idea about ego form and then craft items and shield. Has anyone had good success using ego form in PVP?