test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Healing Drones need fixed....They fall behind and chase people not in group!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
Im alittle tired of summoning these guys. when they work there good. If ya have anyone around you they will chase healing them and get ya killed. On top of that the stupid things fall behind WAY to much. Worst pathing ever. I dont know how many times ive had to resummon them because they go off to heal others and unsummon from distance.

Maybe ya need to make them heal group people only.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah I have found this often as well.

I don't mind so much with the path-finding as by the time I get to my next area they are gone anyway and I re-summon them.
    Doesn't take that much end.

But I definitely agree with the fact that your drones should not heal every Tom, Richard and Harry around you or your group.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't mind the FFA healing mode, just think there should be a toggle that makes it so you can have something like

Self Only
    Group
    FFA

Depending which you had on out of the three would determine how the drones would act.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I put mine on passive until I get into a fight... it helps even though we shouldn't have to do that.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If you think the pathing for the healing drones are bad, try munitions bots sometime. At least the healing drones can fly a little. As a gadgeteer most of my abilities hinge on the munitions bot actually showing up for the fight and the healing drone remembering it's job is to heal me sometimes. And entirely too often neither happens.

I will keep hoping for better pet controls and better pet pathing soon, as it is now it's definitely a test of patience.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I've been forced to ditch mine and give Arcane Vitality (stupid I know but not much else out there...) it's spot. They are so terribly unreliable getting stuck even in thin air at random. Add to this their horrible AI and total lack of control and they are little more then a complete liability.