test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need a CO PvP veteran to...

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in The Hero Games
critique my build.

I know its early and some powers might get boosted or nerfed, but this is what I laid out in the builder:

Wrist Bolter - energy builder

Power Gauntlet - Primary DPS ability / can interrupt abilities

Invulnerability - Defense Passive

Force Eruption - PBAoE Knockback (for melee targets)

Sonic Device - DPS boost and chance of hold/stun w.e

Retaliation - Self Damage buff after block

Containment Field - My only true CC ability that doesnt need a % chance or advantage

Bionic Shielding - Good for utility in grouping and a nice self reactive heal

Nanobot Swarm - Useful for burst DPS coupled with Sonic Device and good for refreshing my bio shield ability above

Chest Beam - Secondary DPS ability, has a defense debuff and a knockback chance

Unbreakable - This ability confused me in OB, but I want to test it out some more and see if its worthwhile now

Molecular Self Assembly - Dunno, guess I want a passive for grouping in lairs

Enrage - Since I have very little offensive powers, I rely on damage boosts from this, Sonic Device, and Retailiation

Rebirth - Figured this would come in handy for close 1v1 fights if I die

My superstats would be STR and CON

STR benefits invuln and Enrage

Con further benefits invuln
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Build by championBuilder 0.2.4

Download this Build here.

: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
    Level 5: Super Strength
    Level 13: Super Constitution

Powers:
    Level 1: Wrist Bolter -- Accelerated Metabolism
    Level 1: Power Gauntlet -- Crippling Challenge, Rank 2
    Level 5: Invulnerability -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Level 5: Teleport
    Level 8: Force Eruption -- Gravitational Polarity, Challenging Strikes, Rank 2
    Level 11: Sonic Device -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Level 14: Retaliation
    Level 17: Containment Field -- Grinding Halt, Rank 2
    Level 20: Bionic Shielding -- Rank 2, Overloaded Circuits
    Level 23: Nanobot Swarm -- Rejuvenating Injectors
    Level 26: Chest Beam -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Level 29: Unbreakable -- Rank 2
    Level 32: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 35: Enrage
    Level 35: Jet Boots -- Rank 2
    Level 38: Rebirth

Talents:
    Level 1:
    Level 6:
    Level 9:
    Level 12:
    Level 15:
    Level 18:
    Level 21:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ive found medical drones to be more useful than bionic sheilding, but thats just me.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ive found medical drones to be more useful than bionic sheilding, but thats just me.

I got the nanobot refresh ability to help wtih the recharge on that.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Theres PvP veterans already only a week into gameplay? Geesh, you guys move fast.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I had to chuckle at the post title myself. I don't think anyone has attained that status yet. It would be more akin to "People who have actually tried pvp more than once."

I found drones to be better overall at low end, but the higher you level, the worse they get due to people having more powerful AoE to take them out with. I'd take this with a grain of salt though, as nobody has any solid pvp experience as of now as to what abilities work best, only speculations.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Surely there would be CB people that can detect any possible flaws in my build.

The only thing I am afraid of is the lack of an energy form.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    critique my build.

I know its early and some powers might get boosted or nerfed, but this is what I laid out in the builder:

Con further benefits invuln

Although there are powers that you'll need in PvP (one to knockdown, or hold, or stun) depending on what you're trying to do- there isn't really something a CO PvP Veteran could tell you.

Why?

Because when it comes down to it...

It has less to do with a min-max build... and a lot more to do with tactics and strategy.

Not even player skill necessarily. It's less the reflexes to pull it all together and max out your DPS- and more your ability to say "Okay, he's teleporting in circles. I'll cut him off...HERE! BAM!" or "He's spamming knockdown. Block, and do THIS to him! WHACK! That always gets them to change tactics."

Something I really enjoy about this game- because of travel powers and specific abilities- it's more about the ever-changing on-the-spot tactics and strategy than it ever is about specific builds, min-maxing, or reflexes. (Although reflexes do count towarsd player skill... but not as much.)

Take a build... and then play. Don't pick on weak people to win. Fight REAL opponents- and then you'll raise your skill. Rather by saying "This power sucks. I never use it." or "Man, I really need a better HOLD." or "How do I beat that? He keeps on doing [blank!] Oh that's right, the power I never use!!!"

Skill > Munchkin
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Exitium wrote:
    Theres PvP veterans already only a week into gameplay? Geesh, you guys move fast.

I think he means people who invest a lot of time, and knowledge, into PvP.

The difference between a casual player who has done 3 arena matches and a player who plays 12 hours a day 24/7 PvPing and 4 hours a day reading forums for PvP knowledge is what would, at least IMO, make someone a "veteran" or not.

Veteran not meaning time played- but dedicated to.

Like how you're considered by definition a veteran of a war, even if you were only at a combat-less base camp for 2 weeks before the war ended.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hmmmm.... IMO you're picking and choosing from a lot of sets without getting the particular advantages of any of them.

If you are going even partial PA, I would try to leverage PA's advantages in terms of firing multiple weapons. Namely: Work eye beams into the early levels, and maybe Automated Assault on the wrist bolters. Or you could use Power Gauntlets for your hand weapon. On that note...My personal opinion is that Power Gauntlets is crap for damage dealing. The interrupt is nice but mostly of value defensively.

If you're not going to use the multiple weapons systems I would pick something other than PA for your framework powers.

It looks like the only damage you have in that build 1-20 is because of your sonic device. And I've never used that.. I"m not sure how much value it has in PVP. I know the damage is excellent, but a large burst probably won't make up for poor overall damage.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    DeadlyShoe wrote:
    Hmmmm.... IMO you're picking and choosing from a lot of sets without getting the particular advantages of any of them.

If you are going even partial PA, I would try to leverage PA's advantages in terms of firing multiple weapons. Namely: Work eye beams into the early levels, and maybe Automated Assault on the wrist bolters. Or you could use Power Gauntlets for your hand weapon. On that note...My personal opinion is that Power Gauntlets is crap for damage dealing. The interrupt is nice but mostly of value defensively.

If you're not going to use the multiple weapons systems I would pick something other than PA for your framework powers.

It looks like the only damage you have in that build 1-20 is because of your sonic device. And I've never used that.. I"m not sure how much value it has in PVP. I know the damage is excellent, but a large burst probably won't make up for poor overall damage.

Thanks.

I made it to 18 in OB and I had a huge energy problem, I could just never see me maintaining toggles for very long before I would be drained.

I cannot see myself taking any other PA offensive abilities:

Minigun - Lol this gets negated by Invuln entirely, but its a great skill for PvE

Eye Beams - I could see myself trying this, I didn't like it in OB but it could be a nice replacement for Gauntlet

Micro and Shoulder Launcher - Area damage doesn't interest me, but if they buff Shoulder Launcher (I heard it takes too long to fire) I may get it for the Bunker Buster advantage

Laser Sword - I don't want to melee

Conc. Beam - No too many hand slot powers