test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix for melee problem

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestions Box
At the moment melee is not fun, the mobs move around, and trying to keep track when in a group of mobs can be difficult due to the way you move, and how the camera works.

I think that either:

1 make an option for the camera to stay looking at the back of your character, like your able to do in other mmo`s I have played. This with the option to always face your Target would negate the manual movement of the camera to track the mob, and also assist with movement to the mob.

2. When using the energy builder skill havethe char automatically move towards the selected mob.

At the moment all that seems fun is ranged builds as they will just turn and shoot at a targetted mob will little movement from you( unless out of range)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    yea I sent in a bug yesterday on it.

it wasn't this bad in during the last phase of beta.

other things that are not working for Melee...

1) auto target doesn't work half the time, or its range seems to be constantly changing.

2) Melee taunt doesn't always trigger, or triggers late.

3) Mob pathing when Taunt works is messed up... If you are moving when the taunt goes off, the mob will path to the spot where it went off so the mob ends up running past you. Also sometimes if a mob aggro's someone else that happens to be flying by, they will attack you while running miles away after the first guy. (pathing system needs to update its target a bit more often)

As a pure melee class I end up spending too much time trying to "herd" a group of mobs around so I can use my "cone of damage" skills effectively.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If you activate your power within 50 ft of a mob with them targeted, it acts as a taunt that moves them toward you. Not sure if you tried that or not. you see a little skull over their head and you get a huge bonus for your end bar so by the time they get their you can open up with the builder or your strong attacks.

I really do not have a problem with the camera and I have been playing melee heroes since CB. i don't think it needs much fixing at all but you may want to try changing to mouse-look movement. A few friends of mine seem to enjoy it though personally, it's not for me. There's also the option to have the camera always face forward but as of yet I have had no reason to try. I hope some of that helps.

Edit: The taunt does indeed seem to be a bit bugged as it's not going off every time. I sent a report do we'll see how many others have this issue.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ganjarider wrote:
    If you activate your power within 50 ft of a mob with them targeted, it acts as a taunt that moves them toward you. Not sure if you tried that or not. you see a little skull over their head and you get a huge bonus for your end bar so by the time they get their you can open up with the builder or your strong attacks.

I really do not have a problem with the camera and I have been playing melee heroes since CB. i don't think it needs much fixing at all but you may want to try changing to mouse-look movement. A few friends of mine seem to enjoy it though personally, it's not for me. There's also the option to have the camera always face forward but as of yet I have had no reason to try. I hope some of that helps.

Edit: The taunt does indeed seem to be a bit bugged as it's not going off every time. I sent a report do we'll see how many others have this issue.

Yes I know about the taunt feature, but as stated above, it seems to be very hit and miss, and is a 1 shot deal(cast at first use of energy builder and then nothing).
    I have tried mouse look but prefer the normal RMB Click to activate it. It still feels to aqward compared to other mmo`s out there.
    I also think that these changes would help with PVP, where players can move all over the place.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I never had any issues.

Are these all headstart bugs?
    They sound like problems you've had for awhile.

For the record, I'm actually against the taunt period, it makes them game really easy for melee.
    If it has a gun, why wouldnt it use that range to it's advantage like any player would? That's not really the point of the thread though.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Just do Tab>1>F
    Tab automatically targets the next closes target. One will start the auto attack. F will automatically follow the target.