test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Powerhouse Alternate Access Suggestion

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestions Box
I was posting in another thread a minute ago about the removal of a bug which allowed characters to train through the Crime Computer interface in the open world rather than moving to the Powerhouse. It gave me a bit of a brainstorm and I wanted to come transfer the thought I had there into the suggestions box. Here it is:

" It might be cool if the PDA crime computer had some sort of "teleporter functionality" which could transfer a character to the Powerhouse from anywhere in the world then back to that origin point when they exited. Kind of like the way the PvP queue is supposed to work. That would certainly eliminate some of the flow breaking feeling the Powerhouse gives, as it requires a player to abandon their questing when they level up in order to "return to base" and train if they want their new powers. "

Since the tech is already in the game as is for the PvP system, certainly wouldn't be too much of a stretch to remove the central powerhouse doors in the maps and just have a button in the PDA (or straight on the minimap) to "Activate Powerhouse Portal Device" and whisk yourself away, and it wouldn't feel as much like the character is chained to the giant gear in the middle of town.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    leveling from pda got pached away :[
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I know. It was a thread about that which caused me to have this thought.

I'm saying that if the patch removed the ability because the developers feel the Powerhouse training method is better but they don't feel there is any inherent problem with being able to train without running back to the base to enter the door there, the best of both worlds could easily be available.

It's my understanding that the Powerhouse was included not specifically to limit where a player could add their new powers, but in order to be a place where powers could be tested and edited by a player before they have any bearing on the "feeling" or "story" of the character.

Sort of like a storyboard where Stan Lee plays with the idea of Spiderman being able to teleport, then trashes the whole thing because it doesn't fit the way he wants the character to feel, but nobody else in the world knows he even had that idea.