test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forums and Game Server down together.

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestions Box
Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

It seems to me that every time the game server is down (eg: for maintenance), the forums are also down. This seemed to be the case throughout the Open Beta Period. Now the most recent announcement of the maintenance claimed this would not be the case but when the game server went down, the forums followed.

If the game server is down, many people would go to the forums for information... information they can not get if the forums are down.

I can think of no real good rational for this and would like to assume it is some sort of scheduling mishap, but I think it may be something that requires review.

As a side note, the 1am maintenance time is kind of a bummer for us US west coasters. I realize no time is great for everyone, but that seems a bit early, especially on the weekends for what I assume (possibly arrogantly so) is a region that makes up a good chunk of the target audience. I'd like to request that the scheduling get a second look out there.

Have fun, heroes!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have to agree about the forums going down. The downtime announcement clearly stated the game servers would be down from 1am - 3am PDT (8am-10am GMT) so I got in as much playtime as I could before downtime and was looking forward to browsing the forums and catching up with the threads etc since i've not really had a chance to visit the forums since the servers went up lastnight ;)

Unfortunately I find that the forums had gone down also...

Not a huge problem, I understand there is still alot of work to be done on the game itself etc. But I can see no logical reason why the forum needs to go down at the same time the game servers do, does this mean that every morning from 9am - 11am (I'm in the U.K) not only will we be not able to play the game, but also not able to visit the forums either?