test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need help with Dual blades!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
Hi all quick question:

Is the buff Unleashed Tempest worth the extra skill slot instead of for example lightning reflexes. I know the upgrade to rain of steel (Grinning ghost) puts on the same buff effect of Unleashed tempest, however the only major difference is that Unleashed Tempest (the skill) allows you to charge up Dragon's wrath which seems to be a heavy hitter, where as the Grinning Ghost which buffs the Unleashed Tempest effect does NOT. So there seems to be one major pull of going with the skill of Unleashed Tempest for the charge up for Dragon's Wrath instead of getting Grinning Ghost upgrade, but is it worth this?

I dont want to regret it when Im in my late levels.

Please any advice appreciated :)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Last I checked the buff from the endurance builder's advantage works exactly like the passive version. Especially for being able to charge up Dragon's Wrath. I was doing it all day during the end-of-beta event!

Attack with my endurance builder until the stance or whatever kicks in.. which, with a 50% chance on each attack, took about... one attack. Do a big charged hit with Dragon's Wrath. Use the momentum from Dragon's Wrath to maintain Sword Cyclone for a very long time. Repeat.

Of course, then I remember reading something after that day about how they made Dragon's Wrath chargeable without the stance... Hmm.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No. It's not.

The unleashed tempest, focus of the unconquered swordsman, and whatever the other things for unarmed and claws were happened to be pretty much useless at the end of open beta.

Don't know about now for SURE 'cause I'm po'.

However, I'd suggest skipping them, grabbing the advantage to your endurance builder that will apply the effect 50% of the time, and then grabbing either regen or invuln as your passive defense. Maybe even personal force field.

Lightning reflexes, however, is pretty underpowered compared to the other passive defenses, while the focus/unleashed/etc. are all pretty underpowered compared to defensive passives.

I guess quarry's supposed to be a good offensive passive, but I'm not sure what exactly it does, and whether or not it synergizes well with melee or just ranged as I never used it myself.