test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Respec cost scaling

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
Ok, I'm not sure if this is or isn't a carryover from beta, but hmm, wth? Every time you level your respecs cost more. Effectively you can never respec as the cost to respec keeps growing and growing and growing...

Respec costs need lowered. It's a bit rediculous right now, ESPECIALLY since the system makes it highly likely players will BREAK their builds due to the absurd last 10 rule.

Fix please!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    It's the kind of thing that will encourage a lot of first time players to RMT.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bumping this. Costs are ABSURD. In the teens, if I blew all of my cash, I could go back maybe 2 steps. To go back 5 steps would cost 6x what I have total. W T F.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    be warned that its the skills you gained in the last ten levels, not the last ten skills, that you can respec
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    We know, that's not the topic though. The fact is as you level up, its impossible to afford to go back more than a couple skills, if you can even afford that. What's the point of being able to go back 10 when its impossible to afford?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't understand why a dev would tell us a work around to keeping you IC within respec distance if they knew the prices were going to be far beyond players abilities to use that work around.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I liked it better when your first respec was completely free until you left the powerhouse for the first time, so you could easily respec out of your first two skills if you wanted something different. Now you can't even afford to retrain even one of them if you play through normally.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Respeccing needs to be changed so that all the skills you learn can be removed and replaced with new ones. While also allowing players to be able to afford to do this. Currently the whole respec system is a little absurd and for a game that is all about customising and creating your ideal SuperHero/Heroine on a whim this is most disappointing.

Hopefully the Devs will look into this feature and improve it. Especially the price of respeccing and hopefully allowing us to remove any and all skills we learn, not just the last ten.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It just gets worse as you level up. I decided to hold off training so I could save up enough to respec back 4 steps. Now at level 15, to go back 4 steps, it'll cost about 4 gold. W T F Cryptic...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I have to completely agree. I realize they want to ensure people will roll more than one hero, but these limitations are out of control. This is an MMO after all so we already know the powers are going to be constantly changing. What happens when you guys change one power that I used often but received at level 12? What if I dont like it anymore because of a nerf? Oh thats right Im screwed. As it is I already see myself having to reroll another hero because I dont really like the powerset im using. Its far easier just to power level through a new one then it is to respec. Thats just sad. Outrageous costs so early in the game, as well as severly limited respec potential REALLY has to go. Please work on this.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Devs just sent a message in game that they know the prices are too high and are working on a solution.