test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Having Balanced Stats - Is it PvE viable?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
Hello everyone,

I only got to play in the open beta for about a day, so I only got the most superficial look at the system. I have been reading all the resources I can, but I wanted to ask if anyone in the knows if going for a balanced stat approach can be viable in PvE. I don't want to gimp myself, but I've always enjoyed the "well-rounded" type of hero...good at a bit of everything, not overly specialized.

I plan to start playing with Powered Armor, Munitions, Supernatural, and Sorcery type heroes in the beginning. So, if anyone knows if a balanced approach to stat-building can work well with these power sets, I'd appreciate the advice. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, you get two superstats, and those raise your damage. Only those two (directly, at least. IE DEX makes you crit more often so technically it raises it, but if DEX isn't your superstat it won't raise it directly.)

I can only really comment on munitions. The recommended DEX/EGO work very well, especially if you slot Killer Instinct (which gives you energy back when you crit -- which is often). You kill stuff so quickly you don't need a ton of CON, but you can raise that with gear if you choose.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    concentration on your superstats will give you a damage edge, but right now it seems the greater pvp decider is what POWERS you pick. *cough* regen *cough*
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    As far as i know, the stats will only gimp you if you choose to focus on something that leaves you defenseless or doesn't assist your powers. I did the even stats also and it hasn't causes a prob. Not to mention, you'll get lots of items to refine your stats further.