test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gamestop pre-order key already activated?!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in PC & Technical Issues
Ok so i preordered from gamestop, I got my key today and I tried to enter it, it told me its already used..

So now I am sitting here trying to get Cryptics attention with the support ticket system to no avail, its 5:21PM my time and I still cannot play. In fact I cannot even download the client as the patcher tells me the servers are down even though the website clearly says that they are up!

Wonderful, thank you very much for convincing me to give you my money early and offering me an early head start to your game and then failing to deliver. Anyone else having this issue?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    You are not alone, here in the UK we are having the same problems, I did not recieve a open beta key from Game.co.uk but entered via Fileplanet, someone said that the beta key and headstart keys are linked.... that would be nice to get a DEV to answer that one and not fob us off with excuses about us having to go back and contact our retailers.

Just sort it out..... these keys we have are supposed to be valid, this is YOUR mess so sort it out for us and stop making us have to clear this is all up for you!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just went out and bought a preorder from Gamestop since I wouldn't be in the headstart with my old Amazon preorder. My Gamestop key does not work either! Says, already active.

Lame. I'm done with this game.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    How to alienate your player base before your game has even launched.

Step one, Promise them early access, then give them borked keys.

Im in the same boat
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I have the same issue and I have been complaining to both GameStop and Cryptic since the beta. I did not get a response back then until I gave up on the preorder key and signed up with File Planet. At that point they responded back with "Congratulations on getting into the beta", from Cryptic and a message saying, "If you have a problem accessing the beta please direct all questions to Cryptic." from GameStop. Now I see on another thread that Cryptic is telling people to talk to the vendor about their key not working. I just do not understand why in the world they think I would ever sign up for a six month subscription plan with these kinds of issues. If someone would give me some kind of clue as to what they are doing to try to correct it I do not mind waiting. What I do not like is feeling like they are ignoring the problem. Also there is no way I am getting into a ring-a-round the rosy event between GameStop and Cryptic, both telling me this is not their problem, talk to the other company.

Come on Cryptic, at least let us know you are aware of the problem and seeking a solution and don't leave us feeling ignored. :mad:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    See my original thread on this same issue btw, http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=45199
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Reyoness wrote:
    How to alienate your player base before your game has even launched.

Step one, Promise them early access, then give them borked keys.

Im in the same boat

Not a good feeling when you forked over $200 for lifetime access!