test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Optimized Stats

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
I was wondering whether anyone had suggestions as to the most optimal choice of stat blocks. If you go with the recommended stats for a particular framework, you have fewer total points than if you go with The Hero. What, if any, are the advantages or disadvantages of the two routes? What criteria do you recommend using for selecting later stat increases and super stat choices?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Total number of points isnt as important as the number of points invested into your super stats. You first have to decide which stats you want as your super stats. These will completely depend on your build and powers set. Common super stats sets are Str/Con for tanks, Dex/Ego for high crit, Con/End for balanced builds. Your choices for super stats do not have to follow the recommended for the build. In fact in most cases they wont follow the recommended stats. Your super stats will be your focus with your talents and gear, but you can fill in gaps with those as well. A high crit Dex/Ego build might choose talents and gear with Con or End for more life or energy for example.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pawn79 wrote:
    Total number of points isnt as important as the number of points invested into your super stats. You first have to decide which stats you want as your super stats. These will completely depend on your build and powers set. Common super stats sets are Str/Con for tanks, Dex/Ego for high crit, Con/End for balanced builds. Your choices for super stats do not have to follow the recommended for the build. In fact in most cases they wont follow the recommended stats. Your super stats will be your focus with your talents and gear, but you can fill in gaps with those as well. A high crit Dex/Ego build might choose talents and gear with Con or End for more life or energy for example.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe what you super stat is what your dmg is based off of? Or has that changed? Or did I misterpert the post the first time I read it.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    asteroidm wrote:
    Correct me if I am wrong but I believe what you super stat is what your dmg is based off of? Or has that changed? Or did I misterpert the post the first time I read it.

Correct, your Super Stats increase your Damage.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Your two superstats are what you give you your increased damage%, correct Asteroidm.

Cheers :cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    asteroidm wrote:

That is correct

Dex ego does the most damage but whatever the case you want some END in there from talents and items aswel.... UNLESS you are an elemental nuker and therefor have a form that correlates to certain stats... Then its better to spec the stats that are relevent to the elemental form :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    asteroidm wrote:

You're correct, though the post you quoted didn't indicate otherwise, either :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Likin wrote:
    You're correct, though the post you quoted didn't indicate otherwise, either :)

Oh yeah I know it was more of a addendum to his post rather than a counter point.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My first live character will be a Martial Arts/Might combo, probably focusing on Strength for the superstat so that I can lift and throw bigger things. Martial Arts will be primary, with most of the secondary coming from Might. At least, that's the plan. Any suggestions or recommendations? If so, please explain your reasoning so I can apply it to future characters as well. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I wanted to go with a telapathy framework I was wondering should I go with the recommended telepath settings or go with the build that adds a bonus to ego and con since I plan to solo mainly and con seems the most useful for staying alive.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hild wrote:
    I wanted to go with a telapathy framework I was wondering should I go with the recommended telepath settings or go with the build that adds a bonus to ego and con since I plan to solo mainly and con seems the most useful for staying alive.

You're best bet is to go with something that benefits whatever you eventually plan to make your Super Stats.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I was probably going to go with ego/con for super stats since ego/presence never seemed that useful
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hild wrote:
    I was probably going to go with ego/con for super stats since ego/presence never seemed that useful

Con would be good. I have to ask why Ego though. It doesn't improve anything in Telepathy, and without high Dex you'd never make good use of the increased critical damage.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Strength will increase your melee damage a slight bit more than if you had gone with another superstat, and throwing objects is always fun as well as useful. Going with strength I would follow it up with Con for the second superstat as it fits better into the defense options you have available. Invulnerability works off Str and Con with Str giving you a flat damage resistance and Con boosting your damage reduction. Regeneration doesnt benefit directly from any stat, but the more Con you have the more life you have to regenerate. Defiance isnt as talked about as Invulnerability or Regeneration, but it is a viable defense that is raised directly by Con.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I dont know I just felt I should keep one of the stats that was in the build since telepathy seems to mix damage and some healing was not for sure if it was smart to go full damage with ego/dex.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ego/Dex can be good, but unless you're taking something like Personal Force Field or Telekinesis, making Ego a Super Stat (without Dex) is a waste.

I'd recommend Con/End or Con/Rec. But it also depends a lot on which passive defense you plan on using.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What would your recommendation be for starting stats on a Martial Arts/Might character? Should I go with The Hero for decent stats in most everything? Or should I go with the recommended set for Martial Arts (STR/DEX) or Might (STR/CON)? Or does it not make that much of a difference in an area other than super stats?