test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not quite fit?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Hi all,

I'd like some advice from mature and accomplished MMORPGers. I used to be very accomplished and uber in online rpgs but it was with a bunch of RL friends. That has tapered off over the years and now I have arrived at the "doorstep" of Champions Online completely alone.

In the past when I have been in this situation in MMOs I tended to never really find a home. Part of that was altaholism... but I have improved on that and plan to only play 1-2 characters MAXIMUM to the end game for years to come. Another part is never really finding a home in a guild that suited me...

I guess I am just lost...

Anyone ever had this experience, or better yet, found a solution?

Any end-game yet mature super groups leaders or officers out there that can identify with my plight? Would like some RP focus and a larger friendly guid.

Any constructive(!) flaming [oxymoron?] and suggestions are welcome.

KMT
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I've been in that same exact situation. I eventually burned out on CoH because of the extreme number of alts I had. The solution I had was starting my own Supergroup. It started with just a friend and I, and eventually grew to about ten different players, each with several alts. It stayed relatively small, but that helped the SG to feel closer. We ran missions with each other all the time and had tons of fun. I've started a supergroup here in CO as well, called The Legion. A few of the players (including myself) want to head in a RP-direction, but I can't say we're a large guild. Like I said earlier, I feel that smaller groups tend to be more friendly, and initially a small supergroup is what we're looking for. Feel free to PM me with questions, or check out the thread linked in my sig. I hope you enjoy the game!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    FM,

Thank you very much for your input. You really have a point about maybe just forming my own guild. I will think on this. hmm..
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Kuomintang wrote:
    FM,

Thank you very much for your input. You really have a point about maybe just forming my own guild. I will think on this. hmm..

Or you could join mine, and help a small, character-driven superteam establish itself. :D

Either way, best of luck to you.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    From Top Ten on their CO FAQ for those who are curious how to start a group...

Upon completion of either the Desert Disaster or Crisis in Canada crisis zones, players will be able to form their own Super Group by speaking to Red Talon or Cyber Hive. In the Canadian Wilderness they will be centrally located at Force Station Steelhead, and in the Southwest Desert you can find them stationed near the massive statue of Grond at Project Greenskin.

In order to create a super group, you need to have 5 players in a team, all on the same map as the super group contact, and none of them already in a super group. These team members will become the new super group, with the player who spoke to the super group contact as the leader.

From there the process is pretty straight forward; select a name, colors and emblem for your Super Group and you're good to go!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hello there, If you want you can come check out the SPARTANS and see if you are interested in joining us since we are always looking for a few new members.We are also easy to find since we have been on the first page of the SUuperteam Section for months now.