test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Torment

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Torment

Intro

First off I would like to briefly introduce myself and tell you why I am here. My name is Musco, and I am one of the Founders (more on this later) of Torment. Aside from that I am also going to be leading our Champions Super Team at launch, at least as of right now.

I would like to provide as much information as I can here to hopefully spark some interest. As a guild we try to please everywhere we can. As a gaming community I guarantee we can help in anything you want to accomplish, in any game, not just Champions. I will start here with that if you have ANY questions about me, Torment, or anything else I talk about please do not hesitate to get in touch with me or post around on our forums.

Recruitment

Our recruitment policy is actually quite laxxed in comparison to many other guilds. Outside of being of legal age to cooperate online in our community (which is 13+) we do not have an age requirement. Please don't misunderstand this to mean we intend to be a daycare center.

Our age requirement is not a number, it is a mentality. It doesn't matter if you are 13, or 31, if you act immature or disrespectful then you need not apply. We believe people of any age can be mature and fun and we hope to fill our ranks with those folks. On the flip side we believe people of any age can be immature, disrespectful, and ignorant, those folks we hope to keep out of our community.

So whether you are 13 or 95, we welcome you with open arms! As a tight knit community we hold very loose recruitment rules with the intent to meet as many like minded gamers as we can and to work to add them to the Torment family.

The Super Team

Ok, so here is the information you probably really care about... How do we intend to run our Super Team?

My intent heading into this game is to cover a large facet of the playerbase. Our focus will be simple, to be a semi-hardcore guild while still remaining casual minded. What I mean by this is that it is my goal to make our Super Team good enough to accomplish any and every goal that the developers can throw at us. That statement extending to both PvE and PvP. We will strive to dominate every facet of this game.

As for casual minded, it is simple. Noone likes to have a guild that has ridiculous requirements. "**GASP** u missd da raid timez n00bz0r u r banned from da team 4evar!1!!111!!" We are not like that. We will accomplish our goals because we are a Team, not because we are slave drivers.

We will still establish rules within the guild to ensure that things do run at a steady pace, there cannot be success in MMO's without structure. However we dictate the rules and structure. They do not dictate us.

So again, semi-hardcore guild with a casual mindset. We will accomplish everything, just without turning a game into a job.

As a side note, this guild is not looking to be become an RP guild, but if that is what you are looking for, do not fret, read on!

The Torment Gaming Community

I figure that this section is perfect to explain the structure of Torment Gaming. At its core Torment is a gaming community that branches into multiple games across multiple genres. Champions Online is just one of those sections.

The way Torment works is that there are a leading group of members called Founders. They oversee the day to day operations of the community, site, and forums to ensure everything is running properly. It is the actual members of the community who can decide to step up and take on leadership of an individual game.

Currently as one of the founders I will be leading Champions for Torment until a member decides they have the interest to run it. The reason my answer in RP was difficult is because of the following.

We run what we call an open gaming community. Meaning it is possible that in one game we have multiple guilds across multiple servers, doing different things. Our primary aim for this initial guild is to be a semi-hardcore, both pve and pvp oriented guild. This would be so that we attract a wider audience for recruitment.

Once we begin to get an established memberbase it is possible a member may want to start a new Torment guild on another server for RP reasons and they are perfectly welcome to do so. We will go anywhere that our members want that our numbers can support.

Torment started from 4 friends (2 of which are brothers) who have been gaming for a very long time together. 2 of the founders are hosts of a very popular Star Wars:The Old Republic Online podcast called TOROcast and through multiple requests from listeners decided they would start up a SWTOR guild.

While doing so we started to hear from other friends about other games they would like us to branch into, obviously including Champions, so we decided to start the gaming community.

Contact

http://www.tormentgaming.com
Vent: info coming soon
TS: info coming soon

We hope to hear from you soon. If you have any questions about me, Torment (guild or community), our podcast, or anything else you can think of, feel free to ask!

-musco
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Torment will be the community that you come to, that makes you feel like you are playing with your buddies from school.