test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is just the greatest thing ever in the history of the entire universe

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Off Topic
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well... then...

tumblr_lpig7lbNZR1qcq98do1_500.gif

I'm... meh.. Never got into the Street Fighter series, personality I'm not excited about Ryu because he is already a character from a Figthing series, I want to see more NON-FIGHTING series characters in Smash Bros. because they have Unique battle system

At least Roy our Boy is gonna get back

014.jpg
    Roy Koopa's face always make me laught

So the Rumors Were true and Ryu and Fire Emblem Roy are gonna be in Sm4sh, and it was Leaked some days ago before the official

Yet ANOTHER Leak

990.png
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    avianos wrote: »
    snip

Melee sucks :D
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    edited June 2015
    nepht wrote: »
    Melee sucks :D

Well at least Melee had single-player mode and wasn't 95% Competitive Balanced Focused ... not like I had real life friends to play against anyway

Funny that you mention it, because Melee is the only Smash I own and played (never got a Wii or Wii U)

played the crap out of everything, 700+ Hours, unlocking all the characters, stages, and most of the tropies, and spending gameplay time with all the characters (Except of Pichu, yeah [EFF!] Pichu, Nobody wants Pichu back)

The Melee Graphics haven't ages well at all, they are really Shady compared to Brawl and Sm4sh :/

Still waiting for single-player contest for Sm4sh >_>
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Still waiting for single-player contest for Sm4sh >_>

Never going to happen. Time to hop into the online arena, since that was what smash was always designed as :p
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2015
    Never going to happen.

I know
    Dr.-Who.gif

Anyway, my point is I want more Unique characters with Unique movesets, Ryu is already from a fighting game and this bores me

oh and the Future Character Ballot Vote is still going, I Voted for Vaati
    edited June 2015
    I know
    Dr.-Who.gif

Anyway, my point is I want more Unique characters with Unique movesets, Ryu is already from a fighting game and this bores me

oh and the Future Character Ballot Vote is still going, I Voted for Vaati

First up bonus point for Dr Who.

Secondly minus point for no Ryu love.

Thirdly dude you need a Wii U in your life...just for Splatoon. The one player is like N64 platformers of old.

^____^
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That was dumb. You're dumb u3u

The only neat part was Kirby doing hadoken.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ryu's a nice addition but does nothing for me since for some reason I can't stop using Zero Suit Samus.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    nepht wrote: »

Ryu looks dumb and out of place in Smash Bros.
    Never going to happen. Time to hop into the online arena, since that was what smash was always designed as :p

It was designed for the couch arena!
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2015

And the couch moved online over ten years ago.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    And the couch moved online over ten years ago.

Playing with friends on the same room will always be a thousand times more fun than playing online.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Playing with friends on the same room will always be a thousand times more fun than playing online.

maybe, but the couch still moved online. Denying that is like my grandpa constantly saying PCs are a passing fad :tongue:
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015

This is true, since there's no splitting of the TV into 2 or 4 seperate windows for local multiplayer. Smaller TVs just suck for the window splitting.
    edited June 2015
    maybe, but the couch still moved online. Denying that is like my grandpa constantly saying PCs are a passing fad :tongue:

Nope, the couch is still alive and well. A shoddy substitute went online.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Nope, the couch is still alive and well. A shoddy substitute went online.

Riiiight... That's why you're playing an MMO... well you idle in it actually.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    Riiiight... That's why you're playing an MMO... well you idle in it actually.

I'm gonna let you think on that and figure out for yourself why that is a terrible, ineffective argument. :biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2015
    I'm gonna let you think on that and figure out for yourself why that is a terrible, ineffective argument. :biggrin:

Because it isn't. There is no reflection required. Now get out of the denial corner.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    Because it isn't. There is no reflection required. Now get out of the denial corner.

Okay, I guess I do have to spell it out for you.

One game that I play, that you know of, is not representative of what I play most.

When I'm idling in-game, it's when I'm drawing comics and chatting with friends (I have more than one hobby!). Just because I play one MMO doesn't mean I can't play anything else. :rolleyes:

Next!
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Local multiplayer aka "couch multiplayer" has always been a thing with consoles up to current gen provided that the game supports it. The couch hasn't "moved" to online. It's still in the same place as it is, just that unlike 10 years ago there has been better support for the other option to play internet multiplayer with regards to consoles thanks to PSN, Xbox Live and NN.

Just how often either local or online multiplayer is played varies across different people in different social situations. Someone might have a bunch of like-minded gamer friends who drop over to the house to play, someone else might not so they play online. Or sometimes it's a mix of both.

So yeah, there isn't just one extreme that applies and it certainly comes off as something silly to argue about. With regards to Smash 4, Smack is right. The fact the game allows for four different local controller connections proves that it was designed for couch multiplayer from the get-go.
    edited June 2015
    Well I've certainly never told a friend or family member to go home so we can enjoy a game together. :P That's never the better option!
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Ryu looks dumb and out of place in Smash Bros.

Well...Smash is supposed to be a dream match sort of game involving Nintendo and Nintendo-related video game icons from past and present. I don't see why Ryu would be out of place since Street Fighter 2 was such a big thing on the SNES, and he's the flagship character.

I mean, the game pretty much revolutionized the whole fighter concept with using joystick motions to perform special moves along with the combo concept. So many other fighters after it up to this day applied and still apply those control mechanics that SF2 started. I think with those facts considered Street Fighter deserves at least one spot in the Smash roster.
    edited June 2015
    He just doesn't look the part to me. Sure we had Solid Snake before, but Ryu is just all bitterness and crappiness. Smash Bros are about characters that are basically cartoons; at least that's how I see 'em.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2015
    He just doesn't look the part to me. Sure we had Solid Snake before, but Ryu is just all bitterness and crappiness. Smash Bros are about characters that are basically cartoons; at least that's how I see 'em.

Well, the Fire Emblem characters managed to fit right in somehow :P The Fire Emblem games come across as the complete opposite of cartoonish since there's permadeath in the games and all, but somehow they seem to hold their own in Smash. Samus comes from non-cartoonish games that have a creepy, foreboding atmosphere about them and yet she seems to fit perfectly in the roster.

I think it has less to do with "looking the part" and more to do with just how much notoriety is involved. As long as the franchise has proven itself successful I think they should have a shot at the roster, no matter how cartoonish or serious-themed.
    edited June 2015
    I guess I'll put it this way. He'd fit in more if he was 2D 16-bit Ryu from the arcades, but this is "I'M A DEMON MAN 3D EVIL WATERFALL FIGHTING BASTARD" Ryu and it's just looking stupid as hell to me.

And Samus is dope, don't drag her down into Ryu's self-pity propaganda machine.

(I'm drunk and I don't know what I'm talking about)
    biffsig.jpg
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1. Ryu is awesome.
    2. Fighting games is best played side by side with friends.
    3. Yall being silly.
    edited June 2015
    Okay, I guess I do have to spell it out for you.

One game that I play, that you know of, is not representative of what I play most.

When I'm idling in-game, it's when I'm drawing comics and chatting with friends (I have more than one hobby!). Just because I play one MMO doesn't mean I can't play anything else. :rolleyes:

Next!

Maybe I should spell it out for you. You participate in an online game in an online community. I seriously doubt it's the only game you do it in. So while you pretend spell out that this is only one game, I am sure you play others, like I do, and use many of the online features of those said games, such as the ones many buy off steam.

So what did you spell out? It's amusing though this is like watching someone deny there's a shark eating them when they are halfway in its mouth.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    I seriously doubt it's the only game you do it in.

From my talks with Biff, this is literally the only online game he plays I think.

Also, playing with people online has never given me that "sitting on the couch playing with friends" feeling. It's come close, but not quite there. There are actually many games coming out that are re-discovering "couch multiplayer" and they're quickly becoming very popular. As it turns out, the internet was just like anything else: when it first came out everyone was like ZOMGSOCOOL... but after a while, people got familiar with it and it just became another thing. Now I hear a lot of people saying that it sucks when a game doesn't have couch multiplayer and that they might not even bother with it. Game companies are going to pay attention, because they've always got an ear out for which fad they need to follow to make more money.
    edited June 2015
    I seriously doubt it's the only game you do it in.

From my talks with Biff, this is literally the only online game he plays I think.

Also, playing with people online has never given me that "sitting on the couch playing with friends" feeling. It's come close, but not quite there. There are actually many games coming out that are re-discovering "couch multiplayer" and they're quickly becoming very popular. As it turns out, the internet was just like anything else: when it first came out everyone was like ZOMGSOCOOL... but after a while, people got familiar with it and it just became another thing. Now I hear a lot of people saying that it sucks when a game doesn't have couch multiplayer and that they might not even bother with it. Game companies are going to pay attention, because they've always got an ear out for which fad they need to follow to make more money.

I downloaded Super Streetfighter 2 to my Wii U just for epic couch vs gameplay :smile:

• KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    No. This is the greatest thing ever. We can post videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkCjvA0osB0

RIP forum sanity.