test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server not responding (69.2S)

nornsavantnornsavant Posts: 93 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC & Technical Issues
Server not responding, over and over and over? What is going on? Is this game being run out of someones basement?

I was looking for some indication of “we know there is a problem” but the threads I see about response problems are all about a year old. The game is almost unplayable though.

There is nothing wrong with my computer or my connection. I have plenty of other games and applications and they work just fine. Did I stumble into a DDOS attack? Did Cryptic sell off all their real servers and now run CO off an old Dell in the closet?

Its pretty bad and it looks pretty shoddy. Please someone tell me this is something they are fixing rather than the death throes of one of the last super hero games around.
Post edited by nornsavant on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Blame Cogent?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nornsavantnornsavant Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well here we are again with an unplayable game. It seemed to be doing okay this morning but as the server load increased I guess that old Packard-bell on which they are running their server just couldn't take it and we are back to server not responding.

I have already tried some other games and they are doing fine of course. Here is hoping someone can figure out a way to fix it. Its pretty bush league.
  • axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Constant SNR since today's patch. And when I say constant,this is not hyperbole. I mean, I log in, I try to move around, and I get an immediate message stating Server Not Responding. The disruption continues, cycling about every thirty seconds it takes an input from me, and while the chat client isn't affect the game itself is not playable.
  • khorbahnkhorbahn Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This AM - 08:00 till 08:50 EST

CONSTANT SNR - Finally Disconnected after trying 50 minutes

Possible Server Reset? I hope.
    1. I shut down
    2. I Restarted the Game
    3. SNR within 10 seconds
    4. Disconnect after 2 SNR's

It's worse now than BEFORE the newest Patch, IMHO
  • axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Constant SNR for the last few hours. Get a new Internet provider, the one you guys have right now is sixteen gallons of terrible slopping over the sides of a five gallon bucket.
  • rokegpierokegpie Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same thing's happening to me, I can connect for a few seconds or minutes and then the SNR hits and I lose connection.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its probably not anything to do with Cryptic or Champions Online.

Message about storms from Comcast
    At this time it appears most issues are directly related to commercial power outages, and for the majority of people, their Comcast service should be restored as power comes back on to their homes.

More about snow storms and the internet

Yeah maybe there's no snow where you are but you are hanging on a thread of a web, not a direct line from A to B.
  • codewar65codewar65 Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any word when this is going to get resolved? Or the progress being made to resolve? Beiing SRNed to the login screen is getting really old.

I am certain this is effecting player retention for any new players coming here and experiencing this as well.
  • warpmagewarpmage Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    April 2015 - I'm seeing Server Not Responding on a regular basis for prolonged periods.

All other internet applications are able to connect fine.

Please figure out what is wrong with Champions Online
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My trace route to the patch server is clear as a whistle

Maybe the communications issues are related to Solar Storms
  • ellaninellanin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Again... today....I keep trying to log in over the day, and not just today but the past few days....
    Please can we please fix the Server not responding? I can't even log in after this mornings SNR. It gets so bad I have 5-10 sec in-between the SNR's until eventually, not kicked punted out of the game so I can't get back in. I know it isn't just me, many of my Champions friends are dealing with the same. Please fix this. I would like to play for more than 10 sec or at all. :confused:
  • phenomrielphenomriel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am getting SNRs way too often these days. The game is unplayable. Last night, the rampage team got SNRs right before F&I died. By the time some of us got back in, there was no loot. This is not the first time this has happened to me this week.
  • warpmagewarpmage Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been having Server Not Responding issues daily with Champions Online for several weeks now. I'm wondering how many others are experiencing this.
  • kazecatkazecat Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been experiencing this as well constantly for about 2 weeks now. Has anyone looked into it since everything else my connection does is fine so its only this game giving me issues.
  • dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    warpmage wrote: »
    I've been having Server Not Responding issues daily with Champions Online for several weeks now. I'm wondering how many others are experiencing this.
    I started experiencing problems yesterday, when I was getting booted every five minutes or so. Now, when I go to play a character I get booted before the map finishes loading.
  • grayhuntgrayhunt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have seen "Server Not Responding" so many times that if I could stay on the game long enough, I would name a charecter "Server" so I would at least feel like I am somewhat still a part of the game when that message and timer pops-up. I love playing this game but barely getting through one mission at a time has caused me to sometimes not play for anywhere from a few days to a week or more. Please fix the problem. Or at least acknowledge that you have received our plea for help and you are looking into it. It does no good to shut down the game every Thursday, add new material or what have you, and not fix this old ongoing glitch, bug, problem or whatever you want to call it.
  • leonkatleonkat Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Good lord, what's going on here... This SNR thing keeps happening to me too damn often and my connection works amazing with everything else but this! WHY!?
  • leonkatleonkat Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Suggested by a few people, I was told to reinstall the launcher and game itself and so did I. This problem seems to have stopped. I'm assuming that during a patch one of my files didn't update properly. Let's hope that's the only issue I had with my game.
  • aranmaximusaranmaximus Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same problem here. Lag and "Server Not Responding" all time, I followed all the steps that support recommended me without sucess. After reinstalling, the game became worse than before: Launcher dont patch or take too long to initialize. I play many MMOs (a few with servers in California) and never had this problem or such thing. So, since April I'm checking this issue, but only now it's impossible to play. If that doesn't change, probably I won't renew the subscription.
  • andyuk1980andyuk1980 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Just want to add that i am getting alot of SNR's too, it only seems to be when entering instances for missions though, when logging back in after disconnecting, entering the instance is fine and it loads up immediately, it's just getting very annoying as its happening almost everytime now, any news on if its being looked at and when its likely to be fixed?
    Is there a temporary fix i can even apply to reduce it? (i haven't had any responses from support BTW) i tried changing the proxy in the launcher to EU (i'm from the UK) but again no change, SNR when entering an instance again :/