test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's So Special About This Game?

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Off Topic
No seriously whats so special about Batman: Arkham City GOTY, I've really never been an too big fan of "Marvel Worldwide In" So I've never really enjoyed most of them, I have seen the Moive's due to well, they are badass, but I chuold care less about Batman, Spider Man, Wonder Woman etc,

So I ask this, whats so sepical about this game, to me this game is just another one of them Beat Badguys Up simulator games, where it has all "fancy and lovely graphics". I ask this as cuz its been fizzing me off, on how much this game is shoved into my face, so if someone chuold clear this up that will be great.

Thank You

Legion
Psi.
Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on

Comments

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well if you can put your head into Batman, and be Batman, then it must be stimulating.

For all the kids/adults who can't beat up other kids/adults, this is a chance to beat up the bad guys with style. There's variety in the take downs and attacks and novelty stimulates dopamine.

There's a fandom around specific characters that people apparently relate to.
    Oh that Harley, she's just like my aunt when she doesn't take her medication, tee hee.

Ha ha ha the Joker, he's obnoxious like meeee.

You know the type.

The graphics are 'nice' for gritty ugly Batman locations. Champions could use some of that detail and darkness. Vibora Bay is Scooby Doo-Ville in comparison.
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cryneting wrote: »
    No seriously whats so special about Batman: Arkham City GOTY, I've really never been an too big fan of "Marvel Worldwide In" So I've never really enjoyed most of them, I have seen the Moive's due to well, they are badass, but I chuold care less about Batman, Spider Man, Wonder Woman etc,

So I ask this, whats so sepical about this game, to me this game is just another one of them Beat Badguys Up simulator games, where it has all "fancy and lovely graphics". I ask this as cuz its been fizzing me off, on how much this game is shoved into my face, so if someone chuold clear this up that will be great.

Thank You

Legion

So basically the same thing all the other MMOs do? Well, the thing it has different is D&D MMOs are a dime a dozen, but superheroes is different.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Thank You

Legion

It's Batman.

You're Welcome.

Frank

If it's not yer can of soup, then it's not your can of soup. Not a single gloryfying sell speech is gonna make it to a can of soup you like.
    Would you prefer just another one of them Shoot Badguys Up simulator games, where it has all "fancy and lovely graphics"?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    joybuzzerx might have read wrong:

So basically the same thing all the other MMOs do? Well, the thing it has different is D&D MMOs are a dime a dozen, but superheroes is different.

Batman: Arkham City isn't an MMO. He's not talking about CO.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is a well made game that lets you be Batman and wander around an open environment doing the kind of things that Batmen do. There are lots of people who want to be batmen, therefore it is a very popular game.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    It is a well made game that lets you be Batman and wander around an open environment doing the kind of things that Batmen do. There are lots of people who want to be batmen, therefore it is a very popular game.

It has a good foundation that needs to be polished, yes, but it's still quite sparse.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Thank You

Legion

Whos shoving what game in your face? Thats not how games works. You and your buddies stop shoving games in your face.

I'd hate to see how you guys use Facebook.

facebook_you__re_doing_it_wrong__by_leonidas_huntir-d56zait.png
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited June 2015
    I dunno, that looks like a method of Facebooking I could use many times. :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I dunno, that looks like a method of Facebooking I could use many times. :biggrin:

It's a method I use on people that annoy me all the time.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well if you can put your head into Batman, and be Batman, then it must be stimulating.

For all the kids/adults who can't beat up other kids/adults, this is a chance to beat up the bad guys with style. There's variety in the take downs and attacks and novelty stimulates dopamine.

There's a fandom around specific characters that people apparently relate to.
    Oh that Harley, she's just like my aunt when she doesn't take her medication, tee hee.

Ha ha ha the Joker, he's obnoxious like meeee.

You know the type.

The graphics are 'nice' for gritty ugly Batman locations. Champions could use some of that detail and darkness. Vibora Bay is Scooby Doo-Ville in comparison.

This has to be the best answer I chuold have wished for :biggrin:
    Psi.
    edited June 2015
    xydaxyda wrote: »

I see, but dous that still give the excuse why people think its so special, I sound Ironic here, as CO is one of the top games I play, and someone chuold trun around and say the same thing, and I'll just slap them and tell them to get back to reality, but it is on sale now, so I may just buy it or see if I can play it somewhere else.
    It has a good foundation that needs to be polished, yes, but it's still quite sparse.

Yeah I can see that alot, the new one that comes out soon, looks alright, but...
    nepht wrote: »
    Whos shoving what game in your face? Thats not how games works. You and your buddies stop shoving games in your face.

I'd hate to see how you guys use Facebook.

We don't use facebook, the reason, its beening slapped in my face, is how steam works: "Oh your friends are playing this game? DO YOU WANNA PLAY IT TOO???".

Steam is bacily doing that to me, and its really annoying, on top of that it, an another friend of mine, keeps asking me to play it and try it out, I have the habit of "reading its cover" first.

So, you can see why Im trying to get this off my back, as this is an issue that is just overlapping with others that I have going on right now, and Stress and Anxiety don't mix so well.
    Psi.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm more bothered about that $40 season pass they're slapping onto an already $60 game, making it a whooping $100 to get the full game experience from the get-go.

I mean I actually support the whole DLC model as long as it's done right and reasonably priced. This one just comes off as just a little too much. I'd probably wait for a discount offer later on if I ever get interested in playing.
    edited June 2015
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I'm more bothered about that $40 season pass they're slapping onto an already $60 game, making it a whooping $100 to get the full game experience from the get-go.

I mean I actually support the whole DLC model as long as it's done right and reasonably priced. This one just comes off as just a little too much. I'd probably wait for a discount offer later on if I ever get interested in playing.

If you can handle, other players playing it and steam bashing you how you should get it..
    Psi.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Some people like things to a certain degree that you don't, and for some reason you not liking those things to that degree doesn't change the degree to which those people like it. Also, you'll never understand why those people like it to the degree that they do, because the reasons that they like it to the degree that they do are reasons that you don't consider valid - if you did consider them valid, then that would mean you like it to the same degree that they do, which you don't. In other words, you will never understand why they like it to the degree that they do, because you don't like it to the degree that they do. So in yet more other words, the only way that you would understand why they like it to the degree that they do is if for some reason you started liking it to the degree that they do at which point you would consider questioning why they like it to the degree that they do pointless because now it's obvious to you why they, and you, like it to the degree that they, and you, do.

tl;dr - give up.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We don't use facebook, the reason, its beening slapped in my face, is how steam works: "Oh your friends are playing this game? DO YOU WANNA PLAY IT TOO???".
    In Steam, open the Settings menu. Go to the Interface section and in the Favorite window drop down select Library. Then go to the Friends section and remove all checkmarks in the Notifications & Sounds section (you may want to keep a notification for recieving a message) and set "Flash window when I recieve a message" to Never.

That stops a lot of the annoying stuff that Steam can otherwise bug you with if you have a decent sized Friends list.

As far as your friend bugging you to get the game, ask him to try it on his PC first. For me the enjoyment of the Batman: Arkham games comes from the combat system, platforming, puzzles and story.
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Batman: Arkham City isn't an MMO. He's not talking about CO.

Then, to the OP, it's just a matter what's so special about any game. :p What's so special about Metroid, in that you're playing Samus.

Beating up aliens, beating up criminals, it's all the same. :p
    edited June 2015
    cryneting needs advice:

If you can handle, other players playing it and steam bashing you how you should get it..

Here's an idea. Play what you want and tell them to go jump in a lake.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here's an idea. Play what you want then go jump in a lake.

Fixed that for you.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2015