test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post any of your homages, paradies, or inspirations here.

2»

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Okay, protip for those making homages to CoH:

We didn't all play CoH. And some of us who did couldn't get past how, well, powerless our "supers" felt at low levels. (My lightning-based character was supposed to use electricity, not one zap and then start punching while his actual power was on cooldown.) So you might want to say what you're homaging, because I for one had no clue with that Clockwork and Fr34k5h0w bit.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rslvfzgrslvfzg Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »

We didn't all play CoH. And some of us who did couldn't get past how, well, powerless our "supers" felt at low levels. (My lightning-based character was supposed to use electricity, not one zap and then start punching while his actual power was on cooldown.) So you might want to say what you're homaging, because I for one had no clue with that Clockwork and Fr34k5h0w bit.

Sorry for that.

Freakshow: Click*

Clockwork: Click*

*Links: paragonwiki.com
    Regloh@rslvfzg - PARAGON DAWN
    - Dawn Radio -
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Yeah, that whole (*zzot* punchpunchpunchpunchpunchpunch *zzot*) cooldowns thing is what killed my interest in that game almost immediately.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Let's make sure this doesn't start to turn into either a pro or anti CoX thread.

Just post homages, but make sure you reference the inspiration behind them.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Being a CoH vet I can tell you they also felt pretty powerless at high levels also .

caliga_and_nepht___picture_taken_by_caliga___by_nepht-d8x50za.jpg
    Saying my toon Nepht is a Megaman homage I better post her picture here.

An old pic Caliga took years ago when we first met pretty much shows Nepht in all her Megaman'ish glory.

I was undercutting the prices of his cosmic keys in the auction house and he did a recon to see who was doing it >:D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    nepht wrote: »
    being A Coh Vet I Can Tell You They Also Felt Pretty Powerless At High Levels Also .

caliga_and_nepht___picture_taken_by_caliga___by_nepht-d8x50za.jpg
    Saying My Toon Nepht Is A Megaman Homage I Better Post Her Picture Here.

An Old Pic Caliga Took Years Ago When We First Met Pretty Much Shows Nepht In All Her Megaman'ish Glory.

I Was Undercutting The Prices Of His Cosmic Keys In The Auction House And He Did A Recon To See Who Was Doing It >:d

I Never Forgot About This!!!!!
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here is a character I made who is an homage to both Magical Girls and Mega Man

rlj9tu.jpg

And this is Beez, my gun toting earth bound demon who takes most of her inspiration from the likes of Hellboy.

10ymdnc.jpg
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2015
    Major Tatyana Orlova, a.k.a. Soviet Girl, a.k.a. Zvezda, a WWII Russian fighter pilot, who's also a cosmic powered brawler with supersonic flight powers.

2rwlzk1.jpg

Figured I'll do an alternate modern costume for her.

Geode is what you can get if you kitbash DC Terra I and III together. Except older than a teenager.

209o7bp.jpg
    Post edited by meedacthunist on
  • numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    UYDwEeZ.jpg

Mr. Impossible
    The Malleable Man of Science
    Dr. James Adams was once a scientist for UNTIL for their modern technology division.
    He developed a machine that distilled cosmic radiation from unknown origins that would allow others to travel to distant planets to search for life.
    Unbeknownst to the laboratory workers, the radiation had leaked into the open air and everyone was forced to evacuate except Adams who risked his own life to shut down the machine.
    The radiation exposure altered his genetics and have him the ability to stretch impossibly like rubber!
    He went on to become a hero devoted to advancing modern medicine and science and traveling into the unknown to help defend the defenseless from danger as...
    Mr. Impossible!
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    Stonebender, following a mental attack by an aberrant Qularr, was left with bizarre powers and dissociative identity disorder. Over time this has manifested in him taking on multiple personae - here are some.

stonebender-homages_zpsvui0wcz0.jpg~original
  • bughousebughouse Posts: 105 Arc User
    Seriously digging the concept here, and some of those costumes are simply outstanding. Reminds me of Captain Trips in a good way.
  • novarockznovarockz Posts: 236 Arc User
    203865747460c8d15d50a14e6b869145_zpsqnkajuhu.jpg My Daredevil Inspiration.

Here is the origin

Born to Asian parents, and was up in the higher area of middle class. He liked to watch reality type TV shows. As a traveling parent his father took his son with him to Japan and learned many things there. Once they figured out his son was color blind they had something specially developed for him that would improve his sight of color. It was originally a visor meant to help the blind see again, but it was reprogramed to help his eyes restructure. As of now he can only see about fifteen colors.

Two more weeks later his father wanted him to take martial arts classes since he'd watch videos about it on TV all the time. It was a slow process training, but enough to help Colin in life. After the trip they came back and continued with their lives in America. Graduating from High School, Colin wanted to become a cop and help people and get rid of criminals. He went to school again and finished. He knew about vigilantes and knew they had to be stops, but he himself became one when he witness an Indian civilian getting beaten for no reason. He stopped it, but not in time and took a few cuts to the chest. He had al of this dark anger in him like the world was just chaos(which it is right now in my opinion in some places). He went back to Japan and was away from the city of Vibora for three years. Woe there a spirt came to him and made an agreement and said he wanted to same thing like Yin did. Only this spirit didn't believe in killing, but brutal type fights he did. So the pact was made, and he gained powers from it. He came back, but he and his family moved to Millennium City. He already knew there was a lot of crime here and decided to do something about it. Since he knew there was peace and chaos at the same time going on in the world, he decided to call himself Yin Yang. His suit would be made of cloth and leather, but it wasn't suitable enough to protect him from bullets and such. He's only alive from resurging his chi overtime.

He began to develop his own rouges gallery of villains as soon as a building in Westside was blown up by one of the mean of Sledge Hammer, also an enemy of Killer Spider. He and Yin saved some civilians, but not all. The others were either burned or stabbed with arrows. The man with the arrows blew up a police car killing or injuring few cops. He took some arrows to the chest and legs and ended up being a bloody piece of crap. The other guy looked worse though after he was finished by Yin with his Batons. He wasn't dead, no, he was just in a coma. He meet other heroes during the calamity crisis. After calamity, he went back to his search of Sledge Hammer. He ran to Jersey due to the calamity event thinking he would die. He hired a mercenary to fight and kill Yin. His arm got pierced by Yin. Yin and Sledge square off, but Sledge is winning. Just as Yin gets the upper hand he's caught in an explosion but manages to swing away. He is found half dead by his friend Reilly and taken to the hospital. Sledge Hammer was found only to be burnt himself. Yin didn't care if he was brutally burned, he just cared that the people he was hurting were safe. His friend had a few words for Colin, but he knew that each name that his friend called him was true.

He decided to leave Mercy Hospital and get back to fighting crime in Millennium City. His current status is stopping a miniature gang war between the maniacs, purple gangers, and Sledge Hammer's gang that are being hired by someone else that is unknown.

It is still being edited.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Here is Jetstream, my Transformer inspired toon
    Jetstream.jpg

Here is Long Shot, a character inspired by Hawkeye. Also showing a Corvus costume from the game Heretic
    CorvustheSidheElf.jpg

Here is Traegon in a Baratus costume from the game HeXen
    BaratustheFighter.jpg

Here is Knight Watch in a Parias costume, also from HeXen
    PariastheCleric.jpg

And here is Dr. Midnight in a Daedolon costume, the third character from HeXen
    DaedolontheMage.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Here is Dr. Midnight, again, in a Dr. Strange inspired costume
    2015-07-22_00027.jpg

This is Buster Man, inspired by Megaman
    2015-07-22_00030.jpg

This is The Lightbender (not a great name but I couldn't think of anything better). He is a parody of Green Lantern. His power comes from a set of 8 rings (4 on each hand, that spell out HERO) that he earned from collecting box tops from Super Her-O's breakfast cereals. They give him the power to bend light into hard-light constructs.
    2015-07-22_00028.jpg

This is Enigma, a former magician that learned he had to mutant power to temporarily make his illusions real. He's inspired by Mysterio.
    2015-07-22_00026.jpg

Post edited by dialamx on
    This is Captain Righteous! He's a cross between Superman, The Tick, and Freakazoid. A magical tome gave a scrawny little kid the power to transform into an alternate personality.
    2015-07-22_00023.jpg
    This is Sludge. Inspired by Venom, he's the result of a symbiote experiment gone wrong. He now can fire toxic goo from his body, as well as liquefy and solidify himself at will.
    2015-07-22_00020.jpg

This is Night Raven, inspired by a combination of Batman and Nightwing.
    2015-07-22_00024.jpg

These next two are joke costumes I made for Colonel Duke Rayner. The first is a Duke Nukem mech suit, the second is the space marine armor from DOOM.
    2015-07-22_00017.jpg2015-07-22_00016.jpg
    This is Rip Tide. Loosely inspired by Aquaman, he's an experimental character, trying to use recolored power to give him water control powers.
    2015-07-22_00009.jpg

This is Gold Bullet, inspired by Flash
    2015-07-22_00013.jpg

This is Arachnid. Inspired by Spider-Man, of course. He's an archaeologist who was given cosmic powers by a Spider Godess.
    2015-07-22_00008.jpg

And finally.... Herman, former Agent of VIPER. He's and homage/parody of Bob, former Agent of Hydra.
    2015-07-22_00032.jpg
    ScbbMCG.jpg

Micro Man, a homage to be inspired by Hank Pym without the wife beater part...
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Adam, dedicated to the memory of Adam Adamowicz

GE3v0a6.jpg

Post edited by nextnametaken on
    dialamx wrote: »
    This is Sludge. Inspired by Venom, he's the result of a symbiote experiment gone wrong. He now can fire toxic goo from his body, as well as liquefy and solidify himself at will.
    2015-07-22_00020.jpg

Oh man, coud Sludge be an Atomic Bug villain?

novarockz wrote: »

Sure! His story had him start out as a villain anyway, so it's appropriate.
    Here's the costume file if you want it. Feel free to tweek it it as needed.

Costume_Dialam_Sludge_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_491300286.jpg
    dialamx wrote: »
    novarockz wrote: »

Sure! His story had him start out as a villain anyway, so it's appropriate.
    Here's the costume file if you want it. Feel free to tweek it it as needed.

Costume_Dialam_Sludge_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_491300286.jpg

Great, Thannks. I will provide you with credit.

FanwM1h.jpg

here is my homage to Black Widow,
    The Ravishing Siberian Tigress!
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    screenshot_2015-08-25-15-04-57.jpg
    Costume_ZamuelNow_Malt%20Shop%20Operative_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_493844701.jpg

Malt Shop Operative, inspired by the Malta Operatives in CoX. I'm not using this so feel free if you want to use this outfit.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Owl on a Treant.
    That was so friggin awesome when it was standing next to me in a CC. I was afk and took alook around who was there. I went like, ah an owl in a tree, another gokuson clone and deadpool, and owl in a tree...what???
    Yes it is an owl, when you see it close it's even better.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • tombmaster123tombmaster123 Posts: 50 Arc User
    This is M4-SAURUS. It's a robot dinosaur from an alternate WWII timeline, inspired by the design of the Sherman tank. He also shoots energy from his mouth like Godzilla.

edited March 2016
    Emperor, inspired by and almost a clone of CoH's Tyrant

Zapster, a tribute to 90's "Zap" Superman

Edit: changed the pictures, look better, i hope
    Post edited by rslvfzg on
    - Dawn Radio -
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    This is preposterous. A mighty warrior like me has no time to do this... 'cos-play' nonsense! I wouldn't even be caught *dead* in Valhalla wearing such cheap armor! Well, not more dead than usual that is.

The fact you even got the mighty Draugur to get this far into equipping the armor is probably a testament to your determination! Or my desperation... Can you glue my beard back on now?!

How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• noxicosis#9376 noxicosis Posts: 16 Arc User

My Cait Sith Archer. inspired by Sinon's ALO avatar
    2c6AVD3.png
    The Fish Queen
    Another one, inspired by CoH's War Witch - his great aunt. Here's War Wizard:

- Dawn Radio -
  • noxicosis#9376 noxicosis Posts: 16 Arc User
    Canora got a new costume

2c6AVD3.png
    The Fish Queen
    edited March 2016
    One more, inspired by the Carnies, i present: Bladerina.

Edit: And my latest, inspired by the "Batman Beyond" series - Knightshift.

Post edited by rslvfzg on
    - Dawn Radio -
    Mr. Liberty, once inspired by the american flag, once by Ms. Liberty.

- Dawn Radio -
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Inspired by a discussion of cloners who use stupid names like "xSupermanx" to slide past the name filter, I present Supermanx, a genetically-modified housecat. (There's no tail because Manx cats are naturally tailless.)

"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    The latest costume of Knightshift

- Dawn Radio -

Behold, my homage to Aquaman...
    Merman!