test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Emanation Points for Breath Powers

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Suggestions Box
It would be really helpful to give breath powers multiple emanation points, including hands and chest. Rename them as "sprays." E.g. ff a hero's conception is that his fire abilities come from some kind of device he holds it doesn't make sense that one of his attacks comes from his mouth. Would this be hard to do?
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Similarly, it'd be nice to have a "mouth" emanation point for other powers; the current "head" emanation point is the forehead, and using that for a breath weapon only works for a very few sorts of heads.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No real reason to have Emanation points when they can have the drop tab to choose your character's animation from where the power projects from.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is so long overdue.
    gradii wrote: »
    /signed

Hand/Chest/Head/Fist Emanation points for breath powers, and Breath powers from everything else FTW

Yep, I want to heal with kisses.
    lopanmagic.jpg
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All i want is Science Pistols, or rifles as emmanation points for most of Breath /elemental powers
    edited April 2015
    Seriously we don't want emanation points cluttering up retconning. Just drop down menus for each power that changes character animation.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It'd certainly be cool to pick which ever animation we want for any power (I hate the Conflagration animation) and I'd be all for that in an ideal world, but that seems a lot more complicated than just providing access to already existing emanation points.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    It would be really helpful to give breath powers multiple emanation points, including hands and chest.
    And butt. Don't forget butt.
    edited April 2015
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    It'd certainly be cool to pick which ever animation we want for any power (I hate the Conflagration animation) and I'd be all for that in an ideal world, but that seems a lot more complicated than just providing access to already existing emanation points.

Emanation points is for changing the effects of the powers itself. Such as venomous breath being turned to locusts. However powers that change the animation of the character is with a drop down menu. Psychic, electric, ice, mystic powers all use the drop down list to change where the power comes from by changing the character animation. They aren't emanation point related and instead can be changed on the fly.
  • brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was thinking about this yesterday and figured someone would have had to suggest it.

Why stop at breath weapons? A relatively low hanging fruit that I think would add a lot of flexibility to making your hero your own is to just unlock ALL of the potential projectile powers to have ALL of the emanation points. Also weapons too.

Maybe I'm an Djin who uses the power of my third eye to focus all my magical blasts rather than my hands.

Maybe I have a mystical Heart Stone that is the foci for my fire elemental powers so my blasts all come from my chest.

Maybe I'm a high-tech soldier with a pistol that shoots electricity and a gas riffle with variable ammunition to fire ice/fire/toxin/etc.

Let ME decide if my Gatling gun is the big circular barrel traditional type, or maybe I come from a future where tech allows an assault rifle sized weapon to fire off slugs at that rate.

While we are at it? Freakin' drop down to chose your flight pose. The Cape Flight power would be great for the awesome Stealhawk feathered arm bits, but you can't use it without a cape.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seriously we don't want emanation points cluttering up retconning. Just drop down menus for each power that changes character animation.
    No real reason to have Emanation points when they can have the drop tab to choose your character's animation from where the power projects from.
    Emanation points is for changing the effects of the powers itself. Such as venomous breath being turned to locusts. However powers that change the animation of the character is with a drop down menu. Psychic, electric, ice, mystic powers all use the drop down list to change where the power comes from by changing the character animation. They aren't emanation point related and instead can be changed on the fly.

I'm just gonna point this out....it would seem that you've gotten cosmetic appearance advantages confused with emanation points...that "drop down list" you refer to is the list of emanation points for the powers that are capable of having different emanation points, and yes, the animation changes depending on weather you go with the head/chest/hands but then again it wouldn't make any sense if you raised your arm because you were firing the power from your face, now would it?

and if that's still too confusing for you, i'll dumb it down a little... emanation point more or less means "point of emission" as in where something comes from...and the animations in the drop down list change that...soo, they are the emanation points.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    edited June 2015
    Not when players are using 0 point advantages in their context.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2015

The drop tab relates to emanation points and is exactly what's being suggested here for Breath powers....
    edited June 2015
    My point is that Devs might not know the difference.

Okay. I get it. Moving on.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My point is that Devs might not know the difference.

Okay. I get it. Moving on.

As far as I am aware, emanation points are baked into the system right now, and would require extensive recoding to change it. Not saying it isn't possible, but not something that's on the foreseeable radar.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This has been suggested since practically day one and still nothing of it. I'm going to continue to believe that it's not going to happen unless it actually happens.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf