test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Cotumes content Are Good But We Need New Maps/Mission/Event

melphyxmelphyx Posts: 15 Arc User
• Alerts as OpenMissions sound good, ofc bosses must be more tough.

• A Cybermind AP sound good too.

• A Rencenter mobs invation 24hr (with a spesific spawn time ).
That prevents AFK players and mantain player active and aware like a hero do.

• I still see very-low-level Items/Gears drops in Mechanon missions.

• In this pass event of Foxbat vs Defender i never saw Defender fighting with Foxbat.
So why the event was named like that; that sound a another costume duel?

• Terrain vehicle, i know devs do the best for, and there isnt a code alrealy to fix
climbing hill/montains/ramps. But they can use the code od Dark Speed
that can climb with by the % of the speed. That will be super nice because that
vehicles can do the effect of stunt/maneuver.

Comments

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We get new maps but nobody plays them.

For example 1PM on a Sunday afternoon, 199 players in Ren Cen, 3 in two Fatal Error maps, and zero in three different Steel Crusade maps.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OP, our budget does not go to new zones. Start spending.

as Nextname pointed out, we have new instanced missions, which people don't play.

mind you, people would probably play Mechanon more, if they hadn't been able to spam the hourly event and get all the costume unlocks during the event.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2015
    Old maps, new alerts would be nice. There's lots of maps simply not being used.
    The alert team took the first level 11 Help a Citizen mission and used it for an alert, and then they ignored the other 89 instances.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If they regularly speckled the game with new missions using old assets in areas through the whole game that would be a nice surge of life.

People don't play the Faral Error and Steel Crusade because the rewards are bunk, not rewarding anything meaningful beyond the first time getting. If either of them had something on par to Depleted Uranium Core people would play it regularly.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People constantly ask for new zones... while we don't even use the zones we have.

If people were clever, they'd ask for our current zones to be improved and have meaningful stuff added to them for us to do.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why make new maps when we can play the old maps wearing new clothes. It's a whole new experiance.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    while we don't even use the zones we have.

Damn you people. Use the bloody zones like rest of us do. So we can get more zones.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think we need more Open Missions and more activity in the recent maps, and better reason (carrots!) to go to the other maps besides getting the zone complete, learning the lore or just wanderlust!

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited May 2015
    klitty wrote: »
    I think we need more Open Missions and more activity in the recent maps, and better reason (carrots!) to go to the other maps besides getting the zone complete, learning the lore or just wanderlust!

People don't go to the other zones b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ so they don't make new content for them.
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Alerts should have been Open missions you could get an ALERT about and warp to, and the more players joined the tougher it gets. (and better rewards)

No I like alerts as they are.

The thing you said would make some neat other content though.
  • melphyxmelphyx Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    • Alerts as OpenMissions sound good, ofc bosses must be more tough.

• A Cybermind AP sound good too.

• I still see very-low-level Items/Gears drops in Mechanon missions.

• In this pass event of Foxbat vs Defender i never saw Defender fighting with Foxbat.
    So why the event was named like that; that sound a another costume duel?

• Terrain vehicle, i know devs do the best for, and there isnt a code alrealy to fix
    climbing hill/montains/ramps. But they can use the code od Dark Speed
    that can climb with by the % of the speed. That will be super nice because that
    vehicles can do the effect of stunt/maneuver.
    edited May 2015
    melphyx2 wrote: »

New player leaves tutorial, walks out of Powerhouse, is immediately trampled into pavement. Let's roll the dice and see how they react....(1-75) This is BS, **** this game, (76-00) woah cool, it's less fair than dark souls! :3

It's a very cool idea, with some very glaring issues.
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    We have open missions...they just need a bit of a revamp in difficulty and rewards dropped is all.

^ this. Why are people suggesting open missions as a new form of content... when we already have them?

More to the point... why are people suggesting removing current content? Are there still people who are not clued in to the fact that Alerts were a good addition to the game and that removing them would be like taking a sword and ramming it straight through the game's gut?
  • d0csteeld0csteel Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If they regularly speckled the game with new missions using old assets in areas through the whole game that would be a nice surge of life.

People don't play the Faral Error and Steel Crusade because the rewards are bunk, not rewarding anything meaningful beyond the first time getting. If either of them had something on par to Depleted Uranium Core people would play it regularly.

I have been arguing this a long time, there is no reason new missions can't be created in those areas. Also, a heroic vs. villain vs. grey track of quests would help to add flavor to the game. Hey I can dream can't I?

Heck, I would do it for free if they would let me :tongue:
  • d0csteeld0csteel Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I have been arguing this a long time, there is no reason new missions can't be created in those areas. Also, a heroic vs. villain vs. grey track of quests would help to add flavor to the game. Hey I can dream can't I?

Heck, I would do it for free if they would let me :tongue:

On another point, let's go back and raise difficulty with in game content (yes, I know you can tweak it per toon but people generally don't like or want that). It would give reason for people to partner with 1-4 players and get used to doing content as an alternative to alerts again, and a serious revision to rewards through the game would help (not to mention Series).
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    we need the old low level desert and Canada tutorial zones so people can see those areas again before they get to MC and farm the Alerts :)
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited May 2015
    but it would have been a lot healthier for the game if alerts were ALREADY like that and the queued instances were the "other content"

...what is "other content"? Can you list some content in the game currently that qualifies as "other content"?
    edited May 2015
    I just told you what it is, go back and read.
    I said SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

what's done is done, so we can just make that as other content now.

but it would have been a lot healthier for the game if alerts were ALREADY like that and the queued instances were the "other content"

The only raise to base difficulty which would be appropriate would be a global mob AI and mechanics update.

Give every master villain and up a passive, a form, and an active defense. give every boss a form of targeted AoE like Gravitar or Black Talon, and have them use it OFTEN. Require blocking and movement in combat.

Update the mobs in CO to be more like NWO mobs, cannon fodder, but cannon fodder WHICH WILL MURDER YOU the minute you stop paying attention.

^ where is it? I highlighted the part where you talk about alerts being "other content" but I don't see where you define "other content".
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Exactly.
    Cryptic needs to buy back Paragon City and the Rogue Isles from NCSoft and attach them to the game via Harmon's Trans-Dimensional Teleportal in Downtown MC.

What? I'm serious here. The last new zone was Vibora in what, 2009? 2010?
    Everything else has been rehash. All the new tech and stuff has been in single map missions.

I haven't touched this game since November because there was nothing to do.
    edited May 2015
    malvou wrote: »
    Exactly.
    Cryptic needs to buy back Paragon City and the Rogue Isles from NCSoft and attach them to the game via Harmon's Trans-Dimensional Teleportal in Downtown MC.

What? I'm serious here. The last new zone was Vibora in what, 2009? 2010?
    Everything else has been rehash. All the new tech and stuff has been in single map missions.

So to avoid a rehash... we're going to rehash old content from another game >.>

malvou wrote: »
    I haven't touched this game since November because there was nothing to do.

No new zones == nothing to do?

That's a strange concept. Things are only worth doing if they're new? Your love life must be downright tumultuous. :3
  • rior88rior88 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How about before they give us new costume pieces they add back in the once that we are atm unable to get like: Gladiator Spikes, Gadgeteer Extreme, Cybernetic Implants Armored, Alien Organic Sword etc etc etc.

That would personally be very welcome because i really want alot of the missing pieces.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is no reason to play most of the current content, unless you like a specific costume from one of them. Alerts are popular because they are convenient and reward costumes and Q.

There are many things that goes against playing the current content:

1) The lack of actual progression in the end game

2) Leveling alts through alerts is very easy(as it was not easy before)

3) If you have freeform and some money, you can change your build as much as you want, making alts for some players unnecessary.

Until Cryptic realize that the current approach to progression is only good enough for a reduced part of the mmo market. Imho opinion, Cryptic is happy the way things goes since they have people buying all the cosmetic things and they don't need to speed up the content releases but rather they can get away with slowing down that process.

For the case where posters ask players to invest in the game so Cryptic would push more content, I would say that if you like what you are buying then fine but don't buy things under that false premise.
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rior88 wrote: »
    How about before they give us new costume pieces they add back in the once that we are atm unable to get like: Gladiator Spikes, Gadgeteer Extreme, Cybernetic Implants Armored, Alien Organic Sword etc etc etc.

That would personally be very welcome because i really want alot of the missing pieces.

Someone was actually selling that Extreme costume piece earlier.. check /trade
    edited May 2015
    rior88 wrote: »

you have a chance to get all of those costumes from the Drifter for Drifter salvage.
    edited May 2015
    bwdares wrote: »
    you have a chance to get all of those costumes from the Drifter for Drifter salvage.

Where does drifter salvage come from again? I haven't had any on any character since he first showed up with his special event.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Where does drifter salvage come from again? I haven't had any on any character since he first showed up with his special event.

Lockboxes.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bwdares wrote: »

Some, but not all of those mentioned.
    edited May 2015
    so when was levelling alts not easy?
    I had about 2 pages before on alert hit.

why change characters powers, then I need to change its name and background. easier to make a new one and level that.

edited May 2015
    gandales wrote: »
    For the case where posters ask players to invest in the game so Cryptic would push more content, I would say that if you like what you are buying then fine but don't buy things under that false premise.

^ that. Never do anything to "fix" the game, because that word will never be out of quotation marks. People who play the game out of some patriotic duty to save it are doing it wrong; doubly so when they try to act like martyrs for it.

Play the game because it's fun, buy things because you want to have them. Game not fun? Don't play. Buyable things not what you want? Don't buy.

Every dollar I've ever spent on this game got me something I wanted. Usually keys to sell for gold ( take THAT gold sellers! >:D )

chaelk wrote: »
    so when was levelling alts not easy?
    I had about 2 pages before on alert hit.

I've asked this question many times in many ways... and never seem to get an answer. Nobody can seem to answer why players are somehow being forced to level through alerts... yet nobody wants to acknowledge that people are quite possibly doing it that way because it's more fun for them.
    edited May 2015
    Can't forget that playing alerts is more fun because its more rewarding.
    edited May 2015
    ^ that. Never do anything to "fix" the game, because that word will never be out of quotation marks. People who play the game out of some patriotic duty to save it are doing it wrong; doubly so when they try to act like martyrs for it.

Play the game because it's fun, buy things because you want to have them. Game not fun? Don't play. Buyable things not what you want? Don't buy.

Every dollar I've ever spent on this game got me something I wanted. Usually keys to sell for gold ( take THAT gold sellers! >:D )

I've asked this question many times in many ways... and never seem to get an answer. Nobody can seem to answer why players are somehow being forced to level through alerts... yet nobody wants to acknowledge that people are quite possibly doing it that way because it's more fun for them.

actually quite a few people have answered, why they are leveling through alerts;
    1. it's quicker.
    2. they are sick of doing missions.

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, and mine..

1. I'm lazy. :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People constantly ask for new zones... while we don't even use the zones we have.

Its because there is nothing new to do in the old zones.

When new zones are released people gladly play them to the point of absurdity. But eventually they have done them plenty of times and there is no incentive to keep playing them. All the rewards are gained. No new rewards are ever put in.

The devs could stand to put in new incentives in the old zones. New drop rewards. New currency with a constantly refreshed purchase pool. New missions.

As it stands people hang around ren cen for the one single constantly changing content we have: other players and our interactions with them.
    edited May 2015

When new zones are released people gladly play them to the point of absurdity. But eventually they have done them plenty of times and there is no incentive to keep playing them. All the rewards are gained. No new rewards are ever put in.

The devs could stand to put in new incentives in the old zones. New drop rewards. New currency with a constantly refreshed purchase pool. New missions.

As it stands people hang around ren cen for the one single constantly changing content we have: other players and our interactions with them.

Judging how the current team can't even make a decent costume set without breaking the game I don't think I want them making a new zone. Or anything for this game.

While I would love to get more content, I would rather it ne from a competent team.
    edited May 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    actually quite a few people have answered, why they are leveling through alerts;
    1. it's quicker.
    2. they are sick of doing missions.

1. and leveling quicker makes the game more fun for them
    2. and not having to do missions to level makes the game more fun for them

:3
    edited May 2015

Yes... I see that you are agreeing with the second sentence of my post.. the one you did not quote o3o
    If people were clever, they'd ask for our current zones to be improved and have meaningful stuff added to them for us to do.

I agree :3
    edited May 2015
    gandales says something odd:

3) If you have freeform and some money, you can change your build as much as you want, making alts for some players unnecessary.

A bare handful I suppose. Certainly for the altaholics, the build is nothing at all key to making alts. It's having a completely different character to play at whim, not "oh, I'll take a bunch of time and effort to change my build to something different today".
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • uncertainprimeuncertainprime Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've played the game off and on since release and it's the character customization that always brings me back. I'm not saying the costumes, but the power combination and character ideas I come up with. That said, I only have one level 40 and an ever shifting roster of other characters that I dream up and end up deleting in favor of a new idea.

I would LOVE new missions in the old zones, or even a new zone. I did Fatal Error and it was exceptionally boring, and Mechanon has kicked my butt repeatedly while still on his space station. But it bums me out that in all the years this game has had under its belt that VB is still its newest zone.

I still enjoy the game, but I know another 'meh' period is right around the corner where I'll unsubscribe for 6 months or so. I was really hoping the recent change in who manages the game would bring us some new life but after seeing Ravenwood... yeah. I'm doubtful.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    they should do something similar to the Omega particle event from STO. Things start appearing in every non-mission map, and you get a daily quest to do something about it. It was kinda like Foxbatcon, but game wide, not just for one social zone. The Daily quest would give you 3 locations, often locations that were far apart, and sometimes locations that have NOTHING else to do there. It was fun seeing people in all sorts of places you nromalyl don't see people. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited June 2015
    farming for R&D materials which were only available during that event and which could be used to create a NO dilithium crafting upgrade.

edited June 2015
    A bare handful I suppose. Certainly for the altaholics, the build is nothing at all key to making alts. It's having a completely different character to play at whim, not "oh, I'll take a bunch of time and effort to change my build to something different today".

I basically do what he mentioned, because I only have Freeform Slots. Sometimes I get bored of a character, so I do a full retcon + complete costume change, which effectively makes a brand new character, build and theme, in that same slot. Technically an alt or not? I dunno.

Sometimes I just delete them and relevel if I don't want to wait to have resources.

His point is valid though, and we can't be sure if it's a "handful" of people that it applies to or a "buttload".
    edited June 2015
    I would hesitate to think most would be happy with "oh, you can change your build". The whole point of more slots is "new character" and "keep the old one". This game lends itself, nay, ENCOURAGES having a lot of characters, and attracts a large amount of altaholics (see the thread for it). How you do it is fine, but I find it VERY unlikely that that's common.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited June 2015
    I would hesitate to think most would be happy with "oh, you can change your build". The whole point of more slots is "new character" and "keep the old one". This game lends itself, nay, ENCOURAGES having a lot of characters, and attracts a large amount of altaholics (see the thread for it). How you do it is fine, but I find it VERY unlikely that that's common.

Nothing stops a player for going to the training center and respec multiple times to try several powers, as long as you stay inside you don't have to pay extra for dropping powers. Meaning that I can effectively try almost every power in my first character. Compare to CoX in which you have to level the character in order to try its powers.

I agree that CO is paradise for altoholics but I wonder if that constraints our player market. I hope the game player numbers improve but I do not see how that will be possible if they are not changing their current strategy.
    edited June 2015
    gandales skews:

Nothing stops a player for going to the training center and respec multiple times to try several powers, as long as you stay inside you don't have to pay extra for dropping powers. Meaning that I can effectively try almost every power in my first character. Compare to CoX in which you have to level the character in order to try its powers.

I suppose that's pertinent, but only to those who only view their characters as nothing but a bundle of powers and stats.
    I agree that CO is paradise for altoholics but I wonder if that constraints our player market.

How so? I mean, it's one of the issues you have to deal with when you have this specific a genre involved. Do you play to the gamers, or to the super-hero geeks? Or do you try to make some kind of balance and risk making nobody happy? The super-hero geeks are going to buy up your costumes like nobody's business (ahem...provided they like them and they're not all broken). Gamers are going to buy stuff that makes them more uber. There's sales there on both ends, it's just a matter of knowing who's making you more money.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited June 2015
    I suppose that's pertinent, but only to those who only view their characters as nothing but a bundle of powers and stats.

How so? I mean, it's one of the issues you have to deal with when you have this specific a genre involved. Do you play to the gamers, or to the super-hero geeks? Or do you try to make some kind of balance and risk making nobody happy? The super-hero geeks are going to buy up your costumes like nobody's business (ahem...provided they like them and they're not all broken). Gamers are going to buy stuff that makes them more uber. There's sales there on both ends, it's just a matter of knowing who's making you more money.

This might be the main reason for the lack of content. They are catering to people more corcern about costumes than content. In the end we actually have been getting what it seems most of the community wants.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    gandales wrote: »
    This might be the main reason for the lack of content. They are catering to people more corcern about costumes than content. In the end we actually have been getting what it seems most of the community wants.

Then why were there no more emote packs? I'd say practically everyone bought that one that went on sale that has played or is still playing Champions now. And considering that response you'd think they would have taken the time to port a few extra from their other titles to get in on that, or convert the few dozen they have that are exclusive to NPCs only.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS