test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20150408c.17 PTS Update

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20150408c.17:

This build is available on PTS now, 5/27/2015.

The Variable Robot:
- Fixed the floating male graduation cap.
- Added Cloth/Leather/Metal materials to the Graduation Cap.
- Added Cloth/Leather/Metal materials to the Aztec Headdress.
- L/R Variable Robot pieces no longer appear as ??? when selected and correctly appear without L/R.

Known Issues We Plan To Fix:
- The Variable robot pieces have several visible seams.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's a lot better, especially with the L/R costume pieces. :smile:
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice to know the seam issues are being fixed. I will post this here as well. Since it seems to be in the next patch for tomorrow. With all the issues of this set it's not wise to push it. I know you prouply have a deadline yes..But sometimes deadlines need to be pushed back.

So for this feedback i would say please push it back.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nevermind. I'll bite my tongue for now.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited May 2015
    True of course.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In it's current condition with all the clipping that set is not ready to be released. It would be better to release it after you've managed to fix all the problems with it rather then release it broken then fix it a week later.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Awesome, now you can focus on those nasty clipping issues. :biggrin:

Did you guys talk about the rest of the Variable Robot set having chances to come in? Perhaps it's out of the scope to add to the current set, but I like the idea of having it be released as multiple sets later on if it can't be done currently. Oh, and what about those Camo Patterns? That's one of the big things I'd like to have on that set.

I'm not sure what you guys have planned in terms of pricing this set, but I think it would be best to either keep the set held back and continue updating and adding parts to it or make individual sets fairly inexpensive if you take my suggestion to release the Variable Robot set in multiple packages.

If I had to guess, the Vertexes on the models are either not attached to the proper bones in the skeletons you're using or the rate/direction at which body sliders affect them is non-existant/too high, which means you'll have to go back through those models to get the clipping issue solved.

Like a broken record, I must repeat this:
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Suggestion: Over half of the costume pieces given in the suggestion for the Variable Robot set are MISSING! Please consider adding them. These would be the Double Intakes (Variable Robot Heavy) and Robotic Heavy Tank (Variable Robot Tank) Chestpieces, the Tank Cannon (Variable Robot Tank) and Jetpack Heavy Armored Turbine (Variable Robot Heavy) Backpieces, Robotic Heavy Boots (Variable Robot Heavy), Robotic Windshield (Variable Robot Heavy) and Robotic Tank (Variable Robot Tank) Shoulderpads, Variable Weapons (Munitions Pistols, Gadgeteering Pistols, Heavy Weapons, Martial Arts Blade), Long Glove Barrel (Variable Robot Tank) Blade (Variable Robot Heavy), and a version of the tights that has the plated armor as suggested (Variable Robot Light). Add them into future sets later on down the line if you have to.

Suggestion: The Armor Plating that is currently missing on the tights can also be individual pieces on their own (Variable Robot Light) such as Chest Pieces, Arm Accessories, Leg Accessories, Bracers, Feet, and Shoulder options. This would allow players to use these pieces on more than just the tights that come with the set, which is always nice.

Suggestion: The Camouflage patterns suggested with the set aren't available. Please add this.

Clarification on these possibilities would be lovely. Until then, keep at it!
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok, 1st off...Could we please go back to two points on how PTS Threads are handled?

1. Could we just edit the 1st post and keep all the information on a certain subject together instead of multiple threads where valuable information is lost?

2. Could we please mark old threads which are no longer relevant to the current work on PTS as "ARCHIVED" as was done in the past?

IMO, part of this process is streamlining the data process while cutting down on clutter and losing as little as possible in the way of useful data. If people flood the thread with personal attacks, insults, and other such balogna...then remove them and their posts...perminantly if need be. Most of that kind of negativity does little to further any progress here anyways. :wink:

Honestly, if we get many more conspiracy theories in here the July Gold Vendor Unlock will need to be a Tinfoil Hat.

Ok, so allow me to rehash/edit/update my previous post and let's see how things shape up...

Note: I did not mark alot of this information in red in my previous posts because there is a very thin line between "bugs" and just overall "poor design decisions" and "overall lackings in quality." I just wrote what a saw and others can decide which goes where. I will, however, be marking items I previously listed which are now corrected in green, so I hope that helps out somewhat.

Clarification: The following tests were performed with a female toon.

Unlocked Costume Parts Tab:
    -It's kinda trainwrecky in here with both Left and Right Options for Arm, Bracer, Foot, Hand, Leg, and Shoulder....and no regular generic BOTH options.

-Arm Acc, Bracers, and Hands apply the ??? when using the Unlocked Costume Parts Tab(this also appears to be true for applying them normally.

-Selecting Variable Robot Leg/Leg Accessories, Variable Robot Shoulders/Shoulder Pads, Variable Robot Bracer/Bracers, and Variable Robot Arm/Arm Accessories, will make the left cloth and the right metal. They will apply this way also.

-Every single one of the Variable Robot Options accessed in this way will apply as base option Metal(and not Cloth as is usual)...unless it's one of the exceptions listed in the point above this one.

Variable Robot Helmet: 2nd and 3rd color selection BOTH influence the coloring of the sides so if you want that part to be white, for example, you would need to set both of those selection to white. *

Variable Robot Noseless: If this is the only head entry then why is it called Noseless? This would make me think I am overlooking something and it's the second option but I don't see the normal "Variable Robot" head entry. Just kinda weird, really. Also only available in "Heads and Hairs" catagory.

Variable Tights Chest: Well, it's one color for the chest and one color for the arms with Detail: Basic Banded applied. Unless I am overlooking something, I'm sorry, I do not see it's point or purpose.

Variable Robot Wings: If we're making Seekers here...isn't this upside down?...or could stand to be angled back some because the arms clip back through it as it is currently. Also, it has lines and indents on it which, IMO, would benefit from the ability to be able to color. Also, the back seems to be slightly "off" on pretty much any color shade I apply to it. Oh and no sliders appear to work for the size of these wings.

Variable Robot Arm(Listed as Variable Robot L Arm): Applies both arm accessories. Does so as ???. Nice shape....one solid color?

Variable Robot Bracer(Listed as Variable Robot L Bracer): Applies both bracers. Does so as ???. Color Selection 2 and 3 both influence the color of the middle part. *

Variable Robot Arm Acc and Bracer: They clip into each other...***

Variable Robot Chest: The clipping horrors and such of this unlock have been far better detailed in previous posts than I could describe. In it's current form, I would likely not use this piece and would, instead, seek out other options.

Variable Robot Shoulders(listed as Variable Robot L Shoulder): Applied as ??? but does apply left and right shoulders. Clips badly with Variable Robot Chest, Variable Robot Arm Accessories, and Variable Robot Wings(which also cannot be adjusted via sliders).*** Not affected by Shoulder Sliders. Affected by Chest Depth Sliders, but makes previously mentioned clipping worse. Circular sections are blue and uncolorable. **

Variable Robot Belt: Circular sections are blue and uncolorable. ** Color selection 2 and 3 both influence the majority of the belt. *

Variable Robot Hands: 2 colors, very very plain. Very bizarre thumbs(I think they're thumbs).

Variable Robot Tight Legs: Variable Robot Tight Legs = Tights: Solid Color: Basic Banded with a few more stripes....so....why is this a thing?

Variable Robot Leg Accessory(Listed as Variable Robot L Leg): Applies both leg acc. Does so as ???. Blue Uncolorable Details.**. Solid Color.

Variable Robot Feet(Listed as Variable Robot L Foot): Applies to both feet. Does so as ???.

Graduation Cap: Lacks Basic Material Options(Cloth, Leather, Metal)

Note: This Set does not appear to have a single glow option in it? :frown:

Final Thought: Round 3? Please?
    Edit: Pretty Please?

*In the future please refrain from the practice of making multiple color selections apply to the same part...unless it's on a optional second skin for the item.

**In the future please refrain from the practice of making any colored section that can not be colored through a color selection.

*** Cross' Basic Clipping Rules:
    1. If it clips because I pile a ton of junk ontop of it then that is on me.
    2. If it clips with it's own pieces(which it's intended to be used with) or with the base model itself with nothing else added to it...that's on the creator and should be repaired.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    crosschan wrote: »
    2. If it clips with it's own pieces(which it's intended to be used with) or with the base model itself with nothing else added to it...that's on the creator and should be repaired.

I feel that this is a reasonable assumption made by players when purchasing a costume set. If Variable Robot is headed Live in its current state, will the preview images or description in the Zen store inform customers of the significant clipping issues, or the asymmetrical deformity?
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    God I hope so
    Psi.
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Pardon me for perhaps not mentioning the focus of the patch.

A lot of random tights/skins are now seemingly broken, the muscle layer having inverted(?) texture work much like the urban anime tube top skin has/had. It's on live, it has instantly ruined a lot of looks and I'm worried. Please respond anytime soon?

I haven't looked at the male counterparts, but a quick example would be the tiger tights.
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
    edited May 2015
    meeoeoowie wrote: »
    Pardon me for perhaps not mentioning the focus of the patch.

A lot of random tights/skins are now seemingly broken, the muscle layer having inverted(?) texture work much like the urban anime tube top skin has/had. It's on live, it has instantly ruined a lot of looks and I'm worried. Please respond anytime soon?

I haven't looked at the male counterparts, but a quick example would be the tiger tights.

Uhhh, whats broken excaly?, I can;t see it....
    Psi.
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cryneting wrote: »
    Uhhh, whats broken excaly?, I can;t see it....
    Play with the muscle slider on a toon with skin exposed and you'll understand.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In the previous PTS thread I said:

zGdYvTU.jpg

VR Head:

Has baked-in grey dots on temples. Cannot be changed.

Colour 2: Affects skull plating, colour bleeds into neck.
    Colour 3: Affects neck. Tainted by bleed from Colour 2.
    Colour 4: Affects earcaps and jaw. Has baked-in grey. Cannot be made white.

Even with the neck's Colour 3 at white, it will always be grey. If you have a light colour in Colour 2, it can never be black.

VR Helmet:

Colour 2: Affects "mohawk" strip. Colour bleeds into Colour 3's side scoops. Lots of baked-in grey.

Chest:

Colour 1: Cannot be made white. Baked-in grey.
    Colour 2: Bleeds into Colour 3. Baked-in grey.
    Colour 3: Baked-in grey.

Bracers:

Colour 2: Bleeds into Colour 3.

Belt:

Feet:

Colour 3: Cannot be made white. Bleed from Colour 2. Baked-in grey.

Wings:

---

This is still a problem, as are all of the clipping issues.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    Bugs present on VR head (checked with females only):

Categories: Variable Robot head can not be used with "hats and helmets" category on females.

Geometry: Eyes are still missmatched with eye sockets. This one is also on male heads.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    voyagersix wrote: »
    In the previous PTS thread I said:

zGdYvTU.jpg

VR Head:

Has baked-in grey dots on temples. Cannot be changed.

Colour 2: Affects skull plating, colour bleeds into neck.
    Colour 3: Affects neck. Tainted by bleed from Colour 2.
    Colour 4: Affects earcaps and jaw. Has baked-in grey. Cannot be made white.

Even with the neck's Colour 3 at white, it will always be grey. If you have a light colour in Colour 2, it can never be black.

VR Helmet:

Colour 2: Affects "mohawk" strip. Colour bleeds into Colour 3's side scoops. Lots of baked-in grey.

Chest:

Colour 2: Bleeds into Colour 3. Baked-in grey.
    Colour 3: Baked-in grey.

Bracers:

Belt:

Feet:

Wings:

---

This is still a problem, as are all of the clipping issues.

And yet it went live, thanks for nothing. Great work though, sorry that it will not matter.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited May 2015
    A lot of random tights/skins are now seemingly broken, the muscle layer having inverted

Can you give screenshots of what we're looking for?
    bwdares wrote: »
    And yet it went live, thanks for nothing. Great work though, sorry that it will not matter.

Thanks. Good to know someone's reading it.
  • mrlunkovichmrlunkovich Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had such high hopes when they said CO was moving "back home" but between this set and now them breaking stuff already in the game while still not fixing the VR set I'm just giving up on expecting anything good to be coming down the line.

You've dropped the ball Cryptic and badly. At this point the only way you can save some face is to choke down your pride and admit that you've face planted straight out the gate and remove the set from live until you do it right. And to be clear doing it right means doing it as Meedacthunist originally intended it.

Its obvious from the feed back and examples Meedacthunist has given that they know rather a good bit about modelling so maybe you need to just put them in charge of walking your artists through making it.

~I'm a figment of your imagination, a mass hallucination, only real because you feel I am~
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can you give screenshots of what we're looking for?

The muscle 'texture' is reversed for lack of a better term. On all costume pieces that use the default muscle texture (which is a lot of them).

So instead of muscles 'sticking out', they look like they're 'going in'.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    edited May 2015
    Np0sJhv.gif

FYI: The black parts are Variable Robot pieces. I used plain green tights to highlight clipping issues.

I did some more testing of the Variable Robot set on live and found that build seems to be different than PTS as changes were rushed before the costume went Live today.

On the Live server, some of he clipping issues in the chest have partially been resolved. It's worth noting the back muscles of males no longer protrude through the back of the chestpiece.

The following areas still clip, as illustrated in the above gif:

• Thighs.
    • Upper arms.
    • Forearms.

An initial attempt also seems to have been made to fix the shoulder strangeness and asymmetry, however the shoulders now clip in an entirely new way: The chestpiece's over-the-shoulder straps hold solid, causing the upper body of larger males to expand right through the chestpiece.

The Variable Robot Shoulders do not change in size, no matter which size the Shoulders body slider is set to, in deviation from all shoulder pieces in the game.

Overall, the build on Live is an improvement over the PTS build that shows they are listening to concerns that weren't acknowledged in text.
    edited May 2015
    somebob wrote: »
    The muscle 'texture' is reversed for lack of a better term. On all costume pieces that use the default muscle texture (which is a lot of them).

So instead of muscles 'sticking out', they look like they're 'going in'.

xXjbrxK.jpg

Like this? It looks like we're going to have to compile a list of which pieces are affected. Hopefully it isn't more than just leg tights, or that'll be a lot of pieces to check over.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xXjbrxK.jpg

Like this? It looks like we're going to have to compile a list of which pieces are affected. Hopefully it isn't more than just leg tights, or that'll be a lot of pieces to check over.

still dont see it. Armadillo tights have always looked odd.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Example of inverted Normals on Steelhawk chest tights - old screenshot of Alba with how same costume looks following last patch - especially visible on stomach - carved lines are now extruded on top rather than etched into the costume

invertednormals_zpskltauano.jpg~original
    edited May 2015
    Play with the muscle slider on a toon with skin exposed and you'll understand.

The muscle tone or mass?, I tryed both and Im beening honest I can't see anything wrong

Edit: Alright seriously, im looking at the images sent, and Im seeing NOTHING wrong. Most of my toons or all even have an just swim clothing, with strong muscle tones, and I don't see anything messed up (While girls, always have an odd looking tone,cuz there is barely any girls who have their muscles that bluddy high in the first place, without looking ugly as ballz, same goes for guys too, over mass or tone can make you look like you are nothing but an puked up action toy)
    Psi.
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here's a basic example of inverted/non-inverted muscles for comparison. The reason that the top one DOESN'T have it is because it's wearing a jacket, which means that it has the torso without arms, which seems unaffected. Sorry for not responding earlier, was asleep!

53abcd63809401dd3a19a540028018bd.png

4db5b8e553d19805ec55703dbe98801f.png
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    And still no word from the devs about this massive game spanning screw up?

What you're expecting them to actually communicate with us? This is Cryptic, they don't believe in doing that sort of thing around here.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    I'd recommend an emergency rollback to the last previous build.

Then just implement the costume set again...
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, the longer this goes with absolutely zero word from Cryptic, the worse it looks. Volunteer mods can only play whack-a-mole with angry threads for so long.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd recommend an emergency rollback to the last previous build.

Then just implement the costume set again...

Oh, but they can't possibly do that! Then the graduation cap gold bonus piece wouldn't go live on time!

...I really wish that was pure sarcasm, instead of what I suspect their actual thought processes will be.
    edited May 2015
    Well it seems after this recent patch or it was before who knows. That they glitched out a few costumes. One of them being the female bird hip costume. Sooooo hopefuly they will fix it? *Shrugs* But with how they handled the robot set not to sure. But eh will see I guess.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here's a basic example of inverted/non-inverted muscles for comparison. The reason that the top one DOESN'T have it is because it's wearing a jacket, which means that it has the torso without arms, which seems unaffected. Sorry for not responding earlier, was asleep!

53abcd63809401dd3a19a540028018bd.png

4db5b8e553d19805ec55703dbe98801f.png

yes, picture 2, she has muscles, picture 1 she has fat and its sort of twisted to the side. vaguely nauseating to try and see it straight.

tights detail on females is also inverted.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    use 4 colours and it shows better
    armadillo_zpset1q5s0s.png
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    use 4 colours and it shows better
    armadillo_zpset1q5s0s.png

That is how those tights were made. Maybe the Orange-brown line is flatter but the green has always been there.
    edited May 2015
    That is how those tights were made. Maybe the Orange-brown line is flatter but the green has always been there.

Yes, the green splotches are part of the optional decoration.
    edited May 2015
    Can the veteran reward Club Caprice VIP teleporter have its cooldown removed, since people can officially teleport to Ren Center anytime they want, now?
    edited May 2015
    Can the veteran reward Club Caprice VIP teleporter have its cooldown removed, since people can officially teleport to Ren Center anytime they want, now?

And, while you're there, indestructible furniture and non horrible red lighting?(A midgie can dream). Please?*

*Yes, these are very minor issues which are quite low on the totem pole but I figured I may as well try. Who knows, maybe it's super simple and we just didn't know?
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, I'm going to doublepost(it happens sometimes) but I just saw the post about PTS coming up soon with the new tutorial and...there have been some issues with PTS since it was basically reset many years ago which leads me to make one request...

...Could Debugger get an item that grants us toon slots so I can make a few new toons to hit this tutorial please? The current PTS does not recognize new toons hitting 40 to unlock new slots or how many slots you should actually have on your account so if you test enough stuff(and make builds and such for yourself on the side in the deadtimes) there is no room. Also, if I am not mistaken, if you make a new lvl 1 toon and copy it to PTS it likely wouldn't drop you in this new tutorial.

So...please?
    2s9bzbq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.