test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Krimson Klown's Odditorium

krimsonklownkrimsonklown Posts: 49 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Costumes and Concepts
At the request of the great Zenith. Here's a screenshot of the costumes I have at the moment. Followed by a brief description of the character, since most of these guys are made and injected into my own story.
913d39cd-65f8-47de-9cc1-4fb2edd3a07f_zps1h5ykp0d.jpg
This is the Krimson Klown, my account's namesake. In my own story he is an extraterrestrial in a post apocalyptic Earth. He is mutated beyond his people's innate abilities with deadly accuracy. He is a soldier, sanctioned by the Intergalactic Justice Committee for super heroics, with a classified identity. I can provide details if you guys are interested.

b6e3dc98-42e4-4b51-9b6c-d67d4cffa1ef_zpslfafvyh6.jpg
This is Dejzark. He is a Merkerian. I don't have much about him decided on yet. But he's amphibious with a preference towards swampy areas.
Post edited by krimsonklown on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Once more I enter the Odditorium.
    17693624-1632-4661-a854-edd466eff44d_zpsppxvwcli.jpg
    This is an unnamed character as of now. She is from the same race as DeJzark, the sexual dimorphism of the Merkerians is very apparent. Men being large and staggering shark creature, women being nearly human, except for their gills and claws. (Sexist, I know. lol).

62aa8bf7-bdc8-468c-9d0d-d009babe7403_zpszit4urry.jpg
    This is Desolation. He is a synth, his people do not resemble humans, however he was too valuable as a soldier for the IJC to allow him to die in combat. Synths are illegal, but still highly in use and production

1e2e16be-aa41-4a5a-9bf0-5db5cf163f91_zpsafraivqi.jpg
    And finally, we have Vector, the constant pain in Krimson Klown's side. He daylights as a failing magician, but his family has held power in magical circles since the dark ages.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Posting again, looking for some feedback on the one on the bottom.

screenshot_2015-04-23-13-22-11_zpsbt2cppwl_edit_1430056533749_zpsizcsap97.jpg
    This is Lafey, she is a being of pure chaos, and assistant to Vector. She has no "human" form and appears to be demonic to most people.

screenshot_2015-04-24-12-58-25_zpsmtvugptu_edit_1430055853563_zpsxnpd36bl.jpg
    This is Thomas. He is a primordial monster straight from the tar pits of Lazzara Prime. He was named Thomas by Lafey and Vector, who keep him as a pet.

screenshot_2015-04-24-13-25-51_zpsen1cchvu_edit_1430056564643_zpsqfmpuoih.jpg
    And finally Doctor Alexandria Spencer. She is from the same race as Trevor (Krimson Klown), although her family is far more removed from the homeworld then he is. She has many tech "upgrades" on her body to allow her more precision.
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hokay. Feedback you shall get then; there are two things that stand out to me.

First is the seam between neck and torso; I'd go poking around in neck / chest / collar pieces, see if I can find something that covers that, without otherwise looking out of place. Not sure such a part exists, but I'd still go looking.

Second is the randomly blue left hand. I presume it's supposed to be a glove? Doesn't look right to me. Black, matching her pants, might work better. Or drop the glove, leave it as skin-colored - though if you do that, you may want to find a good wrist piece, because that'll probably generate another seam. (Somethign small and unobtrusive would probably be best for a right bracer part if you go that route - maybe the wrist watch? Not sure.)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    morigosa wrote: »
    Hokay. Feedback you shall get then; there are two things that stand out to me.

First is the seam between neck and torso; I'd go poking around in neck / chest / collar pieces, see if I can find something that covers that, without otherwise looking out of place. Not sure such a part exists, but I'd still go looking.

Second is the randomly blue left hand. I presume it's supposed to be a glove? Doesn't look right to me. Black, matching her pants, might work better. Or drop the glove, leave it as skin-colored - though if you do that, you may want to find a good wrist piece, because that'll probably generate another seam. (Somethign small and unobtrusive would probably be best for a right bracer part if you go that route - maybe the wrist watch? Not sure.)

Ah! Yeah, the intention was to have one of those nitrile gloves you see at doctor's office but it def didn't come across like that. And I fought with that neck seam or a long time before I conceded. lol
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    This design was done for my girlfriend, it's her character, but I designed it, so I'm still gonna post it. lol
    7e77c1bc-8a5c-45c5-8dfd-1359fc455847_zpskji0iva2.jpg
    Her name is Hush, her codename is "The Silencer" She has nano tech in her blood stream that allows her to shape shift and pushes her body well beyond human norms.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One suggestion: Asymmetry. Add something to the left that is not on the right, add something on the right that is not on the left.
    Symmetrical costume designs lack a personal touch.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    One suggestion: Asymmetry. Add something to the left that is not on the right, add something on the right that is not on the left.
    Symmetrical costume designs lack a personal touch.

Note taken. I'm trying to get a uniform touch to most of these. But I can definitely see where I can make some improvements by using asymmetry, thanks for the input.
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Note taken. I'm trying to get a uniform touch to most of these. But I can definitely see where I can make some improvements by using asymmetry, thanks for the input.

Changing the double gun holsters to only one and maybe putting a knife on the other, replacing one arm accessory with some other(maybe vials), switching one of the bracers to one which is much larger, etc. are easy was of implementing assymetry.

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Changing the double gun holsters to only one and maybe putting a knife on the other, replacing one arm accessory with some other(maybe vials), switching one of the bracers to one which is much larger, etc. are easy was of implementing assymetry.

Yeah, I'll probably play around with the creator today (I like playing with the creator lol) and see what I can come up with. But def get rid of the dual holsters. That would clear up a lot of the symmetry.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    2f41b7b1-ebd6-4f9d-a611-0cd1c1540816_zpsqtcou0ts.jpg
    Inspired by the mighty Zenith, I decided to try my hand at an Iron Age version of the Krimson Klown.