test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20150408c.14 PTS Update

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2015 in PTS - The Archive
FC.31.20150408c.14 PTS Update

This build is available on PTS now, 5/26/2015.

Release Notes for FC.31.20150408c.14:

The Variable Robot:
- The Variable Robot has had additional categories added to all pieces.
- The Variable Robot now has cloth/leather/metal selections available.
- The Variable Robot arms now correctly appears as bracers and arm accessories that are added on top of tights.
- Other small fixes to clipping & glow settings.

Additionally:
- 4-Pack and 10-pack teleport C-Store items are now officially unlimited. The 4-packs & 10-packs currently in player's possessions will be replaced with unlimited teleport devices. The C-store will only carry the unlimited versions for 600 Zen (but you can buy them now while they're cheap...).

Known Issues We Plan To Fix:
- The grad cap is missing cloth/leather/metal option (this will be added).
- The Male Grad Cap appears to be hovering in the air.
- L/R Variable Robot pieces appear as ??? when selected.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    First. Mwahaha.
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have the tank parts been added in this? I am lagging something awful here in wyoming thanks to the nasty rain storms..So i don't think i can get on sadly
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Have the tank parts been added in this? I am lagging something awful here in wyoming thanks to the nasty rain storms..So i don't think i can get on sadly

No tank pieces have been added. While I would not rule out future pieces inspired by the tank robot design, but we don't have anything like that planned at this time.
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hmm i would like to see the tank parts. But if we get the other parts fixed first then i don't really mind.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey Ladygadfly..

I asked a C-store related question in another thread:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=310601

It's "out of scope" in regards to this release..but has some relevance. I understand if you can't answer me.

These current changes look awesome so far. Thanks!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Male Grad cap didn't show up when selected when I checked. Even with the default dude.

Congrats on first reply, btw, lol. ;3
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    Are the back styrofoam cutouts remodeled to look even remotely as wings, so this costume set has at least basic utility?

2n65a50.jpg

b49uo9.jpg

And is this entire back piece at least animated as other jetpacks?

So this minimalistic set can be useful at least for people with Hawking vehicles?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Male Grad cap didn't show up when selected when I checked. Even with the default dude.

Congrats on first reply, btw, lol. ;3

It's there. It's just floating high in the air.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Meeda - no change to the overall modelling is apparent. Will check jet pack usage.

Edit: No - using Back Wings with Jet Pack TP has no flame animation attached... sigh.

Bugs/Fixes still required:

Variable Robot

Helmet - partial seam/clipthrough on top of helmet

Chestwear - Seam still plainly visible down centre of canopy. Right shoulder blade clips through chestwear (even on default body mass). Rear of piece looks unfinished with no texturing making it unusable without bank wings or other back piece.

Bracer Right - Defaults to Cloth Material (Left defaults to metal)

Shoulder Pads - Both shoulder pads show oddly angled opening on inner edges (neck side) which does not conform to shape of outer edge. Left shoulder placement causes it to clip severly though underlying body (on default mass/sizing). Missing materials/triangle artifacts on underside of both pads, really large one on left shoulder - most of underside missing.

Belt - Seam visible down centre of front and rear of piece.

Wings - Seam visible down centre of canopy. Also odd bleeding of color 4 through color 1 of 'window panes' (not even addressing the overall thickness of the wings etc)

Hands - at least please add some banding pattern to match the supplied tights - just look like lazy afterthought atm.

Feet - Both left and right have visible seam down rear of the boot. (Also thickness of rear 'wing' should at least match the back piece wings - currently looks about twice as thick)

Head - seam along top of skull, although may be part of design. Ear 'pods' clip badly through helmet on both sides, adjusting ear side slider deforms them partially rather than decreasing size.

Tights - Chest has 2 color areas (arms and torso) legs have only 1, could this be amended to legs and subligar area as 2 channels. Otherwise these aren't really any better than the free tights everyone gets with the same banded patten. Also Banding 'definition on arms and thighs is lower than on other parts of the tights making it look muddy.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    It's there. It's just floating high in the air.

Should have exited the tailor... that's reaaaally high, LOL.

It looks good though!
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Alright. Let's get down to brass tacks.

BUGS:

Variable Robot Left and Right Shoulders do not scale with Shoulders slider.

Variable Robot Chest scales with shoulders slider.

Variable Robot Tights Legs are unavailable to Hips Wear & Gear, but Variable Robot Leg Accessories are.

Variable Robot Tights Legs and Variable Robot Tights Chest are Metal texture only. They need Cloth and Leather.

I'll let these animated gifs speak for themselves:

Skinny body sliders:
    uPUBQ4W.gif

Fat body sliders:
    yTkALI6.gif

Shoulder slider adversely affecting chest piece:
    Yd8wKfb.gif

Body Slider just not working with anything:
    TBfagX2.gif

Are we done? Is this really going to be sold in this state?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    eiledon wrote: »
    Meeda - no change to the overall modelling is apparent. Will check jet pack usage.

Edit: No - using Back Wings with Jet Pack TP has no flame animation attached... sigh.

Variable Robot

Helmet - partial seam/clipthrough on top of helmet

Chestwear - Seam still plainly visible down centre of canopy. Right shoulder blade clips through chestwear (even on default body mass). Rear of piece looks unfinished with no texturing making it unusable without bank wings or other back piece.

Bracer Right - Defaults to Cloth Material (Left defaults to metal)

Shoulder Pads - Both shoulder pads show oddly angled opening on inner edges (neck side) which does not conform to shape of outer edge. Left shoulder placement causes it to clip severly though underlying body (on default mass/sizing). Missing materials/triangle artifacts on underside of both pads, really large one on left shoulder - most of underside missing.

Belt - Seam visible down centre of front and rear of piece.

Wings - Seam visible down centre of canopy. Also odd bleeding of color 4 through color 1 of 'window panes' (not even addressing the overall thickness of the wings etc)

Hands - at least please add some banding pattern to match the supplied tights - just look like lazy afterthought atm.

Feet - Both left and right have visible seam down rear of the boot. (Also thickness of rear 'wing' should at least match the back piece wings - currently looks about twice as thick)

Head - seam along top of skull, although may be part of design. Ear 'pods' clip badly through helmet on both sides, adjusting ear side slider deforms them partially rather than decreasing size.

Tights - Chest has 2 color areas (arms and torso) legs have only 1, could this be amended to legs and subligar area as 2 channels. Otherwise these aren't really any better than the free tights everyone gets with the same banded patten. Also Banding 'definition on arms and thighs is lower than on other parts of the tights making it look muddy.

This is awesome feedback. Thanks for putting it together!

Adding jetpack FX to the back part is something I still hope we can make time for, thought it might have to wait until after the robot is released. I can't promise anything yet.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I doubt there's time for this, but an emblem on the top of the grad hat would be cool. You know like how people decorate and draw on the flat part. It would just be a flat emblem.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The VR Wings stick straight out, and clip badly with both arms, especially in motion.

The VR shoulders look, from the side, as if they're about to fall off, and clip with the arms.

On the plus side, I don't have to have Robot Legs or Arms in order to use the Accessories, so that's anyway nice.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    Head -
    Male Categories: Heads and hairs, Face masks and armor
    Bug: Male head seems to be missing cloth and leather mats.

Female Categories: Heads and hairs

Chest-
    Male Categories: Tight, chestwear, jacket, integrated shoulders, robotic both, robotic left, robotic right, Misc
    Bug: Male chest materials are not unlocking.

Female Categories: Tight, chestwear, jacket, integrated shoulders, robotic both, robotic left, robotic right

Legs-
    Male Categories: Tights and Skin
    Bug: Male leg materials are not unlocking.

Female Categories: Tights and skin, skirt, robotic both, medium skirt, hips wear and gear
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Clarification: The following tests were performed with a female toon.

Unlocked Costume Parts Tab:
    -It's kinda trainwrecky in here with both Left and Right Options for Arm, Bracer, Foot, Hand, Leg, and Shoulder....and no regular generic BOTH options.

-Arm Acc, Bracers, and Hands apply the ??? when using the Unlocked Costume Parts Tab(this also appears to be true for applying them normally.

Variable Robot Helmet: 2nd and 3rd color selection BOTH influence the coloring of the sides so if you want that part to be white, for example, you would need to set both of those selection to white. *

Variable Robot Noseless: If this is the only head entry then why is it called Noseless? This would make me think I am overlooking something and it's the second option but I don't see the normal "Variable Robot" head entry. Just kinda weird, really. Also only available in "Heads and Hairs" catagory.

Variable Tights Chest: Well, it's one color for the chest and one color for the arms with Detail: Basic Banded applied. Unless I am overlooking something, I'm sorry, I do not see it's point or purpose.

Variable Robot Wings: If we're making Seekers here...isn't this upside down?...or could stand to be angled back some because the arms clip back through it as it is currently. Also, it has lines and indents on it which, IMO, would benefit from the ability to be able to color. Also, the back seems to be slightly "off" on pretty much any color shade I apply to it. Oh and no sliders appear to work for the size of these wings.

Variable Robot Arm(Listed as Variable Robot L Arm): Applies both arm accessories. Does so as ???. Nice shape....one solid color?

Variable Robot Bracer(Listed as Variable Robot L Bracer): Applies both bracers. Does so as ???. Color Selection 2 and 3 both influence the color of the middle part. *

Variable Robot Arm Acc and Bracer: They clip into each other...***

Variable Robot Chest: The clipping horrors and such of this unlock have been far better detailed in previous posts than I could describe. In it's current form, I would likely not use this piece and would, instead, seek out other options.

Variable Robot Shoulders(listed as Variable Robot L Shoulder): Applied as ??? but does apply left and right shoulders. Clips badly with Variable Robot Chest, Variable Robot Arm Accessories, and Variable Robot Wings(which also cannot be adjusted via sliders).*** Not affected by Shoulder Sliders. Affected by Chest Depth Sliders, but makes previously mentioned clipping worse. Circular sections are blue and uncolorable. **

Variable Robot Belt: Circular sections are blue and uncolorable. ** Color selection 2 and 3 both influence the majority of the belt. *

Variable Robot Hands: 2 colors, very very plain. Very bizarre thumbs(I think they're thumbs).

Variable Robot Tight Legs: Variable Robot Tight Legs = Tights: Solid Color: Basic Banded with a few more stripes....so....why is this a thing?

Variable Robot Leg Accessory(Listed as Variable Robot L Leg): Applies both leg acc. Does so as ???. Blue Uncolorable Details.**. Solid Color.

Variable Robot Feet(Listed as Variable Robot L Foot): Applies to both feet. Does so as ???.

Graduation Cap: Lacks Basic Material Options(Cloth, Leather, Metal)

Note: This Set does not appear to have a single glow option in it? :frown:

Final Thought: Round 3? Please?

*In the future please refrain from the practice of making multiple color selections apply to the same part...unless it's on a optional second skin for the item.

**In the future please refrain from the practice of making any colored section that can not be colored through a color selection.

*** Cross' Basic Clipping Rules:
    1. If it clips because I pile a ton of junk ontop of it then that is on me.
    2. If it clips with it's own pieces(which it's intended to be used with) or with the base model itself with nothing else added to it...that's on the creator and should be repaired.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Alright, so well done for finally posting this "Fix" on the PTS, however there is still an shiz ton of Bugs and fix's that need to be fixed.

Atm, the set is still an piece of garbage, unfinished texturing, no overall modelling changes, and still looks like someone DID NOT read the Images and design chart from Meeds image, that he posted. (If he chuold post them for me here that be geart, so I can point out more garbage)

I want the Designer for this costume, to show his face here.

But besides all that, Bugs and issues, the set looks geart!:biggrin:
    Psi.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the set is still an piece of garbage,
    the set looks geart!
    Dude...
    You can't play in both teams.
    :rolleyes:
    I want the Designer for this costume, to show his face here.
    Reason why they don't visit the forum much....

All i'm interested is, in what price category this set goes to.
    Since category changes have created more pieces now ( Bracers).

And pointing out to yet another costume piece broken/gone after last Live patch.
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4764291#post4764291
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Dude...
    You can't play in both teams.
    :rolleyes:

D: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reason why they don't visit the forum much....

And pointing out to yet another costume piece broken/gone after last Live patch.
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4764291#post4764291

And yeah, I've noticed..that too, now
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    cryneting wrote: »
    (If he chuold post them for me here that be geart, so I can point out more garbage)

Always happy to help. :wink:

variable_robot_by_satapatis-d7e0ls9.jpg

So... An honest question.

What exactly took an entire week to fix in this set? Some small tweaks and categories shifted?
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    As others have mentioned, there are still several issues with the Variable Robot Chest.

BUG: UNSEEMLY SEAM
    The center seam is still visible on both genders.

BUG (FEMALE): ABS OF STEEL
    In several animations/stances, portions of the abdomen clip through the chest piece. Note the circled area in the screenshot (tights are colored yellow):

abs_of_steel_zpsx4g2bikv.jpg

That image also illustrates how the shoulder piece clips with both the turned head and the lifted arm. Because the shoulder piece does not obey the shoulder slider, it is difficult to work around this clipping.

BUG (MALE): ONE OF THESE SIDES IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER ONE
    The male chest piece is not mirrored symmetrically. Voyagersix's turnarounds do an excellent job of highlighting how the overall shape deforms and clips with the body underneath. Hopefully the following images will help show how the geometry itself is different on either side, with sliders adjusted to exaggerate those differences:

variable%20collarbone_zpse4zxqdrt.jpg

lopsided%20chest_zpssuy4tpkz.jpg

back%20problems_zpsybhbls93.jpg

I sincerely hope there are more revisions planned for this set before it goes Live.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I have strange feeling that Cryptic will try if they can get away with selling it for 1000 Zen, or at least 700+.

Dunno. For now it's even more obvious than it was last week that a newbie level modeler who was given this set as their working exercise has neither actual skill nor experience with CO costumes to ever build it right, so...
    I think Cryptic should give up. They simply can't succeed. It proved to be too hard for them.

The last way this set could be salvaged would be making it free as a recognition purchase. Or making it a card reward for unlocking current series of lockboxes.
    Reason why they don't visit the forum much...
    That's pretty much Cryptic policy as it always was. Try to do everything with as little ambition and as minimalistic as it gets, then proceed with being hurt and shocked when you are called for it.
    They already did a great job with entirely avoiding answers to why jetpack is nothing like concept art, and not even remotely like a set of wings, why it still clips with character animations, so this is a reality about Cryptic + feedback.

And screenshots are still showing basic mistakes like a central texture seam and flat shading on geometry that lovely shows every single triangle there.

Not even these two were fixed... I really wonder what exactly took an entire week of work here? This "set" is slowly closing with length of its development cycle to a real sets like Holoforce, despite being not even one tenth of their quality.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So, it seems the only thing cryptic really listened to was textures and categories and not anything about how broken the pieces themselves are...awesome.

plus if not adding jet pack FX isn't in scope before release, then that pretty much means there is no chance based of the track record we have had. Or it if it added they will ruin another part of the costume...I'm looking at you, Scoundrel jacket. >:(

Anyway, I hope cryptic actually makes the adjustments you guys have pointed out.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No tank pieces have been added. While I would not rule out future pieces inspired by the tank robot design, but we don't have anything like that planned at this time.

I'm thinking you guys can probably put this set out one type at a time. You're starting out with the Jet pieces it seems, but everyone wants the entire set. Roll it out one vehicle at a time. Just make sure you name each of the sets carefully so they don't cause problems later on. For example; The current set being tested could be Variable Robot Jet, later sets can be Variable Robot Heavy Vented, Variable Robot Tank, and Variable Robot Light so you guys can get all of the pieces into the game.

Now, if you do this, I imagine people would be pretty upset if you chose to price the multiple sets like any normal costume set (600 Zen per Set for 4 sets that should belong in one). Once all of the sets are out you can just make one package to put them all in and voila, full Variable Robot set.

While you guys are working on the clipping issues with body sliders, could you please work on adding the Camo patterns? I expect you guys to already have this for reference somewhere, but just in case...
    variable_robot_by_satapatis-d7e0ls9.jpg

We're looking for the Heavy Robotic, Robotic Tank, Weapons, and the Tights Light Plating that isn't on the Tights as suggested. :biggrin:

So to reiterate some of the things I put out in the last thread...
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Suggestion: Over half of the costume pieces given in the suggestion for the Variable Robot set are MISSING! These would be the Double Intakes (Variable Robot Heavy) and Robotic Heavy Tank (Variable Robot Tank) Chestpieces, the Tank Cannon (Variable Robot Tank) and Jetpack Heavy Armored Turbine (Variable Robot Heavy) Backpieces, Robotic Heavy Boots (Variable Robot Heavy), Robotic Windshield (Variable Robot Heavy) and Robotic Tank (Variable Robot Tank) Shoulderpads, Variable Weapons (Pistol, Heavy Weapons, Martial Arts Blade), Long Glove Barrel (Variable Robot Tank) Blade (Variable Robot Heavy), and a version of the tights that has the plated armor as suggested (Variable Robot Light). Add them into future sets later on down the line if you have to.

Suggestion: The Armor Plating that is currently missing on the tights can also be individual pieces on their own (Variable Robot Light) such as Chest Pieces, Arm Accessories, Leg Accessories, Bracers, Feet, and Shoulder options. This would allow players to use these pieces on more than just the tights that come with the set, which is always nice.

Suggestion: The Camouflage patterns suggested with the set aren't available. Please add this.

Good hunting!

--

Now that that's out of the way...

Bug: Male characters are trying to graduate without a cap.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since they have ignored our pleas for the entirety of the Variable Robot set to be released, I'm done here. This is a mockery of not only meedacthunist's design, but to all of us who would have paid out the butts for the whole thing.

"The Variable Robot has had additional categories added to all pieces" indeed. /sarcasm
  • Options
    mrlunkovichmrlunkovich Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Frankly I've given up all hope for this set at this point. Its a train wreck pure and simple, and I don't see them ever getting it right. I don't know if it is like others have already suggested, a fresh out the class modeler that just isn't good enough, or if they just don't care. But either way I for one will never buy the set nor advice anyone else to so long as it looks remotely as bad as it does now.
    ~I'm a figment of your imagination, a mass hallucination, only real because you feel I am~
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2015

variable%20collarbone_zpse4zxqdrt.jpg

lopsided%20chest_zpssuy4tpkz.jpg

back%20problems_zpsybhbls93.jpg

Oh, dang. That's just not okay.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited May 2015

750z

[12345678910]
  • Options
    mrlunkovichmrlunkovich Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    750 Zen? Please tell me that was sarcasm. It's not even worth 350 Zen as it is, if anything they should pay us to take it.
    ~I'm a figment of your imagination, a mass hallucination, only real because you feel I am~
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    crosschan wrote: »

-It's kinda trainwrecky in here with both Left and Right Options for Arm, Bracer, Foot, Hand, Leg, and Shoulder....and no regular generic BOTH options.

This must not be allowed to happen, or it will continue to happen in the future.

Until now, every single part in the game has behaved a specific way:

You choose an arm accessory (or bracer, or glove) and the game defaults to applying it symmetrically, to both left and right sides at once. After that, the player can customize individual arms or legs.

BUG: It's not just the arms. The shoulders and leg accessories have the same problem. They are not applied at the same time, only individually.

IwwJYaH.png

Costume pieces don't need to have Left or Right specified in their name. We already have a UI mechanism in place to do this.

The following items specify L or R when they should not. Included are the correct names. It is redundant and inconsistent with the game to now specify these distinctions in the names. The "Left/Both/Right" radio button should instead be used to differentiate these in-game.

51n7DLh.png

Arm Accessories:
    Variable Robot L Arm
    Variable Robot R Arm

Shoulders:
    Varaible Robot L Shoulder
    Variable Robot R Shoulder

Short Gloves:
    Variable Robot L Hand
    Variable Robot R Hand

Leg Accessories:
    Variable Robot L Leg
    Variable Robot R Leg

Feet:
    Variable Robot L Foot
    Variable Robot R Foot

Addtionally, the "Both" category being missing for all of them is most likely the cause of the "???" bug.

Every single item listed above should be renamed to just:
    Variable Robot
    *** Cross' Basic Clipping Rules:
    1. If it clips because I pile a ton of junk ontop of it then that is on me.
    2. If it clips with it's own pieces(which it's intended to be used with) or with the base model itself with nothing else added to it...that's on the creator and should be repaired.[/SIZE][/I]

3. If I am expected to use other pieces in the set to hide clipping (like the back piece), then the set needs to be repaired. People mix and match costume pieces and it should not be assumed they will use specific pieces.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Additionally:
    - 4-Pack and 10-pack teleport C-Store items are now officially unlimited. The 4-packs & 10-packs currently in player's possessions will be replaced with unlimited teleport devices. The C-store will only carry the unlimited versions for 600 Zen (but you can buy them now while they're cheap...).

Woo! Does that include the TP to RenCen devices every single toon gets for free in the lvl 25 junk pack? $6 for something you get for free...

Also: Critique does not mean super cynical.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Wow, you guys are crazy brutal.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

TBfagX2.gif

Are we incorrect in our observations?
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The female chest piece does not scale with most of the chest sliders.

The set still looks blocky and lacking in polish. It almost looks like someone took the cardboard chest piece and copied some generic shapes onto it.
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    +1 to the 100th power.

Wouldn't that still be +1 ?

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    PTS is there so we can critique the new developments, hopefully so that they're actually good when they go to Live.

This set is not good.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited May 2015
    sterga wrote: »
    Woo! Does that include the TP to RenCen devices every single toon gets for free in the lvl 25 junk pack?
    Teleport To RenCen used to be 10 charges, but it was some time back that it became unlimited. (I've got a bunch in my Hideout bank, because I stocked up from deleted toons back when it was still a 10-shot. Now I don't need them so much - I usually just hand them out to toons going to Canada or the Desert so they can get back in a hurry from distant regions when necessary.)

• Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    voyagersix wrote: »
    TBfagX2.gif

Are we incorrect in our observations?

This gif, will live on to become the foundation of Bug reports, and complaints that co does a half **** job
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Clarification: The following tests were performed with a female toon.

Variable Robot Helmet: 2nd and 3rd color selection BOTH influence the coloring of the sides so if you want that part to be white, for example, you would need to set both of those selection to white. *

Variable Robot Bracer(Listed as Variable Robot L Bracer): Applies both bracers. Does so as ???. Color Selection 2 and 3 both influence the color of the middle part. *

Variable Robot Belt: Circular sections are blue and uncolorable. ** Color selection 2 and 3 both influence the majority of the belt. *

*In the future please refrain from the practice of making multiple color selections apply to the same part...unless it's on a optional second skin for the item.

This colour bleeding was covered in my list of Commandments to avoid Costume Design Sins from the previous build's thread, so I'm a little surprised that it happened (not really).
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nope, we are not brutal. We are being frank. If I was getting ready to go out on a date, and my friend noticed that my shirt and pants clashed, I would want him to tell me. I'd want an honest critique. No sugar-coating.

This set is fixing to be a disaster commercially, and it will create in-game backlash among the most vocal (like those of us who use the forums and use a lot of Zone chat).

We are pleading with the Dev to fix some basic issues to avoid such a failure.

We love the game. We care about development. That's why we post here and go to the PTS in the first place.

We are not trolls.

We are trying to help.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well fixing the arm and bracer bits is a big step in the right direction.

I did notice playing around with it though, that the noseless robot head has a fairly significant issue with palette shading. Put simply, the lower jaw and audio receptors default to a pretty middling gray. That means that making them white is impossible. Thats a pretty big restriction on its usefulness, and I'd be tempted to call it a bug.

I'm not going to restate whats been said about the pretty crappy clipping issues that the set has. Ditto on the issue with naming individual costume sides. This seems less of a problem with the costume, than the developer who crafted them. You guys should really have him phone up Cryptic North, and have their costume Devs walk you through how costumes should work in Champions.

With all respect, its pretty clear you're lost in the woods on this. If you can't tackle these issues, you're probably not going to do well with content creation for Champions. I would also strongly suggest that you shelve Variable Robot until you figure this sort of thing out. I would start out with easier costume sets, and come back to this after you've figured some things out. This is really not the set to start on.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If they made this set like Meeda's original vision, I'd pay $20.00.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The oddball placements of the pieces between left and right side heavily suggests that someone eyeballed something. Either in this set or with the sliders in general.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    zGdYvTU.jpg

VR Head:

Has baked-in grey dots on temples. Cannot be changed.

Colour 2: Affects skull plating, colour bleeds into neck.
    Colour 3: Affects neck. Tainted by bleed from Colour 2.
    Colour 4: Affects earcaps and jaw. Has baked-in grey. Cannot be made white.

Even with the neck's Colour 3 at white, it will always be grey. If you have a light colour in Colour 2, it can never be black.

VR Helmet:

Colour 2: Affects "mohawk" strip. Colour bleeds into Colour 3's side scoops. Lots of baked-in grey.

Chest:

Colour 1: Cannot be made white. Baked-in grey.
    Colour 2: Bleeds into Colour 3. Baked-in grey.
    Colour 3: Baked-in grey.

Bracers:

Colour 2: Bleeds into Colour 3.

Belt:

Feet:

Colour 3: Cannot be made white. Bleed from Colour 2. Baked-in grey.

Wings:

Colour 3: Cannot be made white. Bleed from Colour 2. Baked-in grey.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    +1 for "Shelve it until it can be done right". That's a mess, even little details like the little carved out ridge around the bottom of the left eye aren't sitting well with me. At the least, the sliders have to work and there has to be symmetry. The colors have to apply properly. That's the bare minimum expectation we have for costume bits, and at this point I can only assume how much work that's gonna take to fix. Quite a bit.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    even little details like the little carved out ridge around the bottom of the left eye aren't sitting well with me.

That's actually even worse.

That's not a texture detail, but...

An empty eye socket, because eyes on male and female head are still hovering up and in front of their correct position...

Also, the head is not available in hats and half helmets categories and clips with even with a massive headgear like Until Flight Helmet.

This discussion has been closed.