test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance 5/21 @ 6am PDT

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited May 2015 in Super News Network
Maintenance this week is going to be a little longer than usual: We're also going to be doing maintenance on the account server, so it'll start a bit early.

There will be a patch, but there shouldn't be any player-facing changes. It has some functionality changes on the back-end that make it easier for us to pull data.

Start time: 5/21 @ 6am PDT
Estimated duration: 3 - 3.5 hours
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Heh. Back end.
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Heh. Back end.

Dude, get your mind out of the gutter. "Front end" updates are what we've been getting lately. Backend means serious development. When they talk about backend, you know ****'s going down.
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dude, get your mind out of the gutter. "Front end" updates are what we've been getting lately. Backend means serious development. When they talk about backend, you know ****'s going down.

It's ok Stellar, Defender will help them penetrate the other side :P
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When they talk about backend, you know ****'s going down.
    You realize, of course, that this sentence isn't helping us get any more serious... :biggrin:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There will be a patch, but there shouldn't be any player-facing changes. It has some functionality changes on the back-end that make it easier for us to pull data.

Start time: 5/21 @ 6am PDT
    Estimated duration: 3 - 3.5 hours

If they are pulling data, that means they want to do some more detailed reporting. Or perhaps want to comb through the data for some other reasons.

That's a really good sign - I hope!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When they talk about backend, you know ****'s going down.

I wonder what that have in store for us. :smile:
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Until the **** hits the *** and they have to use emergengy ***** to fix the **** in the ***.

riverocean wrote:
    If they are pulling data, that means they want to do some more detailed reporting. Or perhaps want to comb through the data for some other reasons.

So everyone just standing in Ren Center need to wake up and go do some missions, so the data shows people actually play the game, not just use it as a IM with colorful avatars.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2015
    riverocean wrote: »

Not quite so much -- just that one of the existing pieces of data we track, broke. This fixes it. :/
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    So everyone just standing in Ren Center need to wake up and go do some missions, so the data shows people actually play the game, not just use it as a IM with colorful avatars.

Already doing my part... by farming Unity to infinity and beyond. :tongue:
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2015
    Also, maintenance complete.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I may be an rper that logs on to rp as well. But I enjoy leveling even if after 5 years i have 18 40's So many charecters for me to level still. I don't level doing Alerts i do all the quest and such since.. Alerts just seem pointless to me.
  • tregesytregesy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Until the **** hits the *** and they have to use emergengy ***** to fix the **** in the ***.

totally agree with you on that one, there is a program to do such a thing it's called IMVU. This game is to play and level up characters to fight in a superhero game.
    edited May 2015
    Not quite so much -- just that one of the existing pieces of data we track, broke. This fixes it. :/

Awwww... Well bug fixes are cool too. :3
    edited May 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    You realize, of course, that this sentence isn't helping us get any more serious... :biggrin:

I was just feeling really goofy last night. ;)
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited May 2015

gradii wrote: »
    Quoted for truth and emphasis. You have no idea how much "I hate the game but log on just for RP" types get my goat.

They have no idea how much they're hurting the game. the more people who dont actually PLAY THE GAME the more the data shows the Devs shouldn't bother.

Those kind of people irritates me!

they just log in and stand HOURS and HOURS in RenCen doing absolutly nothing and then complain about it!

Standing showing off they L33T Costume character Edgelord with every Edgy rare costume piece.

or just showing off their so precious Monthly Sub costume

so many people standing in ren cen and wearing the Aztec headpiece which DOES NOT even fit their characters' appearence

GET OUT OF HERE!

Meanwhile, during that time those people are Online I will have complete Alert Dailies with several characters for Q, Making/improving costumes, leveling a new character or farming Unity 1/2 missions, Mechanon and Cybermind related stuff, trying to figure out what I messed up in my FF builds

you know

Productive things
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, I'm not an edgelord and I tend to use whatever costume bit fits the look but...I do stand in the Ren Center alot. I also run the dailies a few times(I have no need to run them 40+ times a night). I hang out. I unwind after the long work day. I chat. I joke. I crush a few doomies who like to make it a nightly routine to spout made up doom because reading and the internet are apparently hard(and math, math is super hard).

IMO, the "stop playing video games and go outside" argument really doesn't apply to how you spend your time in a video game so much(unless you're doing bad bad things like exploits, TOS Violations, or the illegal bad stuff, of course). To me, this is just as silly as those few people(not to be confused with ALL of a certain group) who validate their entire personal worth in both this game and the real world on their gear and how well they use a variation of Build A, B, or C to defeat other people in a video game.

So, honestly, the word "Productive" made me genuinely giggle(in a happy non-condescending fashion). At the end of the day fun = fun and were I not having fun....I would be elsewhere having fun. It really is that simple. :biggrin:

"Until next time, take care of yourself....and each other." :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    flyingfinn is bossy:

gradii is bossy support:

Quoted for truth and emphasis. You have no idea how much "I hate the game but log on just for RP" types get my goat.

They have no idea how much they're hurting the game. the more people who dont actually PLAY THE GAME the more the data shows the Devs shouldn't bother.

I'm pretty sure you can both stuff your attempted guilt trips. :biggrin:

I'm going to do what the hell I want. It's not my responsibility to "make the numbers come out right".
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I may be an rper that logs on to rp as well. But I enjoy leveling even if after 5 years i have 18 40's So many charecters for me to level still. I don't level doing Alerts i do all the quest and such since.. Alerts just seem pointless to me.

4 years and about 90 level 40's. about 25 in transit.... ok I have a serious concentration problem and I've thought up a couple more alts to do.
    Hurry up.:biggrin:

so when the solid, male, bovine excrement hits the rotating, air circulatory device.

Bringmeaslab's mind, will redshift past the gutter.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    4 years and about 90 level 40's. about 25 in transit.... ok I have a serious concentration problem and I've thought up a couple more alts to do.
    This resonates with me as well. Every so often I go through my toons, looking to see which ones I don't play much, so I can clear some slots for even more alts. (I do try to remember to keep the seasonal alts, though; I've got one for President's day (Undead Abraham Lincoln), one for Valentine's Day (Vincit Omnia), and one for Christmas (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Pain Deer).)

OTOH, sometimes I pause in RenCen to chat; does that make me a bad player? (I'm usually waiting for something else when that happens, or on my way from taking yet another new toon to talk to Max Plankc about mods, and will soon be flying off into the city or boarding the Superjet or helicopter. And I don't have a single edgelord - the closest I have to black&red is Blackwing, and there's a reason for his costume.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Eeeh I'm not necessarily standing around all day mind you. Mostly just trying to configure all my alts builds and tweak my main's build(yet again) in the PH, the other times have been because I have been farming for Dark Speed so with the loading screens here?

Have to do alot of waiting. Nice to have a second monitor incase the loading takes longer than usual. I've got at least another 10k Q on one of my toons. Need to take that off and put it on my main cuz that the one I spend stuff on etc.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    This resonates with me as well. Every so often I go through my toons, looking to see which ones I don't play much, so I can clear some slots for even more alts. (I do try to remember to keep the seasonal alts, though; I've got one for President's day (Undead Abraham Lincoln), one for Valentine's Day (Vincit Omnia), and one for Christmas (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Pain Deer).)

OTOH, sometimes I pause in RenCen to chat; does that make me a bad player? (I'm usually waiting for something else when that happens, or on my way from taking yet another new toon to talk to Max Plankc about mods, and will soon be flying off into the city or boarding the Superjet or helicopter. And I don't have a single edgelord - the closest I have to black&red is Blackwing, and there's a reason for his costume.)

currently running through the generics.
    Generic blue redderhit 40
    Generic experimented on pet is going well.
    trying to think up a non bannable costume for generic female magic user.

oh yes and the Blue Bird of Zappiness- 1/2 cyborg bird in construction gear.

I thought of trying for BUll**** but realized it would have a name change , day one. and Solid, male bovine excrement. doesn't fit
    cowboy but which part to put as the cow, then I realized cowboy is a bull

cowdog- trying to work out which powers to use.
    gave up on Ace Retreiver- he never came back

black redder- Dead fool-ok black,red,sort of green- level 30:eek:

what you want sensible heroes?
    If they are sensible, they are not heroes.

Heroics involves forgetting sense and just doing it.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the more people who dont actually PLAY THE GAME the more the data shows the Devs shouldn't bother.

Speaking of numbers, Black Talon is on sale. I can't stop laughing! I certainly hope that they don't look into THOSE numbers to make any decisions based on things that already drop in game for free.

There's probably more of them than there have been active players in the last 3 years.
    edited May 2015
    Speaking of numbers, Black Talon is on sale. I can't stop laughing! I certainly hope that they don't look into THOSE numbers to make any decisions based on things that already drop in game for free.

There's probably more of them than there have been active players in the last 3 years.

Yeah whats up that Black Talon sale but nothing on the Auras, the costumes, or other things huh?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crosschan wrote: »
    IMO, the "stop playing video games and go outside" argument really doesn't apply to how you spend your time in a video game so much(unless you're doing bad bad things like exploits, TOS Violations, or the illegal bad stuff, of course). To me, this is just as silly as those few people(not to be confused with ALL of a certain group) who validate their entire personal worth in both this game and the real world on their gear and how well they use a variation of Build A, B, or C to defeat other people in a video game.

So, honestly, the word "Productive" made me genuinely giggle(in a happy non-condescending fashion). At the end of the day fun = fun and were I not having fun....I would be elsewhere having fun. It really is that simple. :biggrin:
    I'm going to do what the hell I want. It's not my responsibility to "make the numbers come out right".

hgytf.jpg

Agreed.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I really should start putting :rolleyes: end of my posts.
    :rolleyes:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited May 2015
    I'm eating Angel Cake guys.. so uhh hehe its amazing.
    edited May 2015
    flyingfinn reveals:

I really should start putting :rolleyes: end of my posts.
    :rolleyes:

Yeah, sorry, I was wondering about that. I should have realized that didn't sound like you.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited May 2015
    gradii selects:

I was referring to those who ONLY sit in rencen, not those who sometimes take a break. I thought that much was obvious.

You're not the boss of THEM, either. :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • berukamuberukamu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I will leave this here just in case: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=310321
    Not sure if this happened after this maintenance or before, just noticed it right now.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2015

^1000x this
    I was referring to those who ONLY sit in rencen, not those who sometimes take a break. I thought that much was obvious.

When you'll start paying for other people gaming time then you will earn right of telling them what to do.

Until then, as long as people are not breaking ToS or PW Community Policies, they are free to do with their online time whatever the hell they want.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tons of players standing around in Rencen doing nothing. Doesn't that mean that there should be more to do in the game for those players to do? It depends on how you interpret it. And that interpretation can be effected by the laziness or greed of the one in charge.
  • amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ^1000x this

When you'll start paying for other people gaming time then you will earn right of telling them what to do.

Until then, as long as people are not breaking ToS or PW Community Policies, they are free to do with their online time whatever the hell they want.

Being a "Boss" of someone or telling someone what to do is not the point.

The point is actually doing content that you would like to see more of and/or you would like to have bug fixes done to.(also reporting those bugs and getting others to as well.)

Why should the Devs put their time and energy into something that it appears there is not significant interest in it?

Why should the Devs put their time and energy into updating the hero games if data shows that not enough people are significantly interested in playing the hero games?

If you are a person who actually likes the hero games or a hero game specifically, but you do not queue for it, then you are apart of the reason why that hero game does not pop. You are apart of the reason why it may look like there is not a significant interest in it.

Why should the Devs put their time and energy into creating a new game zone if data shows that most of the game zones already around don't get significantly used?

If you are a person who wants new game zones, but you never travel outside of Ren center, then you are part of the reason why the instances for other zones seem so empty. You are a part of the reason why it may look like there is not a significant interest in them.

I am happy with my costume. I have not changed it much since I first created it and I rarely go into the costume editor. I also do not buy costume sets from the zen store. If there was never again another costume set made, it would not bother nor effect me because I am not interested in them.

If you are happy with the state of things with this game and the direction in which it is going content wise, then by all means, continue as is. You are winning!

But if you are a person not happy with primarily costume/aesthetic updates or just would like more variety in the updates, then maybe it would be smart to try to get other like minded people together to participate in the content that you would like to do and would like to see more of. There are quite a few examples of this that have/do go on in the game.

1. In the case of costume enthusiast themselves, Costume Contests.
    2. Using Rampage chat channels or zone chat to help organize Rampage teams.
    3. PvP Team Dueling Tournaments
    4. Using zone chat to help organize Nemesis Confrontation teams.
    5. Using zone chat to help organize Adventure Pack teams.
    6. Associate specific time to specific content (ex. The Hero Games Challenge - AT Edition.)

If people actually did/queued/advertised the content that they claim to want to do, more attention might be paid to that content by other players and then by the Devs themselves when they see the content has significant interest in it.

It is a big problem when people cannot be bothered to exert any effort, even to do something they would like to do and would like to see more of.

Anyways. :frown:
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm just going to point out that the Hero Games que is broken as are some of the maps. Data for them cannot be accurate.

There are other issues with the game that may make the data mined not worth a damn.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited May 2015
    People don't just stand in RenCen.
    Usually when someone just 'stands' there, they're waiting for queues.

How many characters just shows in RenCen means nothing. If the company really needs datamining, it's easy for them to tell how many players are on every actual map in game excluding hubs like RenCen.

If there's no incentive to go outside of RenCen, players will not. It's that simple. Nor you can blame them because they don't want to.

Also, RenCen is an mmo hub map. CO has a giant number of two complete hubs with all features including Vibora, the latter is gated behind levels and a crisis mission.

Complaining that hub maps are more crowded than everything else in an mmo game is... Weird.

They always are. In every mmo game.

And it's not player's job to create false positive data by going into zones where they have nothing really to do. At worst it's taken seriously and creates a feedback that a non-incentive zone design is ok.
    edited May 2015
    amyjia thinks it's all on us:

Being a "Boss" of someone or telling someone what to do is not the point.

The point is actually doing content that you would like to see more of and/or you would like to have bug fixes done to.(also reporting those bugs and getting others to as well.)

Why should the Devs put their time and energy into something that it appears there is not significant interest in it?

Why should the Devs put their time and energy into updating the hero games if data shows that not enough people are significantly interested in playing the hero games?

Maybe because they've been broken forever and that's why no one's playing them?

Maybe because this is THEIR GAME and there are things broken?

"Oh that's not popular, so we'll just leave it broken" is a HORRIBLE attitude from any business owner.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited May 2015
    sterga wrote: »
    I'm just going to point out that the Hero Games que is broken as are some of the maps.
    Certain Hero Game queues are broken. The Hero Games that automatically put you onto teams will kick some people from the instance when less than 10 people are present within a certain amount of time before the game starts. The kicking does not seem to be associated with trying to make the teams even (number wise) either (which at least would make some sense).

The map you are referring to being broken is probably Stronghold prison which is also a team hero game that suffers from the kick bug. In this map there are turrets that will become immune to damage and not be destroyable for the rest of the match. This used to not be the case. This game could also use an update because even if they are immune to damage, the obstacles are easily avoidable by many and players just go straight to the leaders within a minute or so (the leaders could also use some buffing). I do not know of any of the other maps that are actually broken.

Zombie apocalypse and B.A.S.H. are the two hero games that neither suffer from the kick bug nor actually have something broken on their maps.
    sterga wrote: »
    Data for them cannot be accurate.

There are other issues with the game that may make the data mined not worth a damn.

It's a vicious circle. Some players may say they are not queuing the hero games because the queues are broken (which is the case only for certain hero games, so avoiding them all is over extending) While some devs may say they are not going to spend their time and resources on the hero games because it seems like players are not interested in them because they are not playing them (though some players may just be avoiding the hero games because they believe the queues for them to be broken.)

I am not sure why some people like to downplay their own contribution to things. What you do as a player and contributor to this game does matter. Especially if you can mobilize other like minded individuals to rally around a cause.

Look at what is going on right now in PTS general discussion in regards to the variable robot set. As someone not really a costume enthusiast, the set looks great to me, but the actual costume people are not happy. They have higher expectations for the content they are consuming and they have made that known in numbers and in the displeasure of their comments. They have rallied around a cause and seem to be seeing results in their grievances being addressed.

If people did likewise for other things, maybe other things would be worked on, or at least spoken upon officially.
    edited May 2015
    meedacthunist, if that was supposed to be a response to my post (#39 in this thread), then you totally missed the point of what I was saying. :confused: Umm. I will attempt to go through this and maybe clarify some things as if it was a response to that post.
    People don't just stand in RenCen.
    Usually when someone just 'stands' there, they're waiting for queues.

How many characters just shows in RenCen means nothing. If the company really needs datamining, it's easy for them to tell how many players are on every actual map in game excluding hubs like RenCen.

Also, RenCen is an mmo hub map. CO has a giant number of two complete hubs with all features including Vibora, the latter is gated behind levels and a crisis mission.

Complaining that hub maps are more crowded than everything else in an mmo game is... Weird.

They always are. In every mmo game.
    Umm. ok? I queue for alerts and when I did them regularly hero games from Ren Center myself. I was not complaining that anything was more crowded than anything else. I said if you are a person who wants a new zone ( as in a new place with story driven missions, lairs, open missions, etc, and you enjoy doing the content that we have, but you don't actually do the content that we have associated with the actual zone areas (just doing alerts, hero games, foot races around ren center, etc), than you would be apart of the reason why that content seems to not have significant interest in it (if in fact that is the case). If there is no significant interest in certain types of content, this may discourage the devs from creating more of or even giving attention and resources to that content.
    If there's no incentive to go outside of RenCen, players will not. It's that simple. Nor you can blame them because they don't want to.

And it's not player's job to create false positive data by going into zones where they have nothing really to do. At worst it's taken seriously and creates a feedback that a non-incentive zone design is ok.
    I have made it very clear who I am talking to and about. People who like a particular piece of content and would like to do it, but they don't do it. That's really the most disingenuous thing in all this. It makes it seem like people are less interest in something than they really are.

So no, I am not talking about creating false positive data, but actually doing the content that you claim to like and encouraging like-minded individuals to do the same. Doing that may also encourage other players who aren't as familiar with that content to try it which may encourage devs to give more attention and resources to that content because a significant amount of players are interested in it.

Of course whatever you choose to do or don't do is your choice just like whatever I choose to do or don't do is my choice. I'm just saying our choices could have cause and effect results on the direction this game goes in.

If you are happy with the direction this game is going in and has been going in for awhile now, then great, keeping doing what you are doing, but if you are not, it may be smart to try something different.
    edited May 2015
    Maybe because they've been broken forever and that's why no one's playing them?

Maybe because this is THEIR GAME and there are things broken?

"Oh that's not popular, so we'll just leave it broken" is a HORRIBLE attitude from any business owner.

I agree it is a horrible attitude if that is the case. If the costume people would not have held their feet to the fire about the variable robot set, they would have been happy to release it as is and novices of the costume sets like myself would not have been the wiser.

If people did likewise for other things, maybe other things would be worked on, or at least spoken upon officially.
    edited May 2015
    A person who wants new zones with things to do still has no duty to sit in old zones when there's no reason to go there.

Where was the last time when open world missions had real incentive to play them? Gear, tokens?

Where was the last time when open world bosses also had it (and that's provided one's lucky enough to find them)?

Where is the lair review?

Where's is gain in going to zones?

Player's are not faulty nor are causing anything by not going to other zones when there's no real reason to go there.

Maybe this should be fixed first.
    edited May 2015
    amyjia wrote: »
    So no, I am not talking about creating false positive data, but actually doing the content that you claim to like and encouraging like-minded individuals to do the same. Doing that may also encourage other players who aren't as familiar with that content to try it which may encourage devs to give more attention and resources to that content because a significant amount of players are interested in it.

Of course whatever you choose to do or don't do is your choice just like whatever I choose to do or don't do is my choice. I'm just saying our choices could have cause and effect results on the direction this game goes in.

If you are happy with the direction this game is going in and has been going in for awhile now, then great, keeping doing what you are doing, but if you are not, it may be smart to try something different.

Even if for e.g. there was a sudden huge surge in players doing zone missions instead of alerts, what makes you think that Cryptic has the budget to develop new, similar content?

One constant is clear: The ZEN store. New lockboxes, costume sets and vehicles keep popping up in the store so that's an indication that players are influencing the kind of attention and resources put into developing these items, and only because it's within their budget to. New bite-size content like alerts seem to be the only things within their budget to create. The direction that this game is going in (and has been going in for a long time) is already clear-cut and isn't going to change soon.
    edited May 2015
    A person who wants new zones with things to do still has no duty to sit in old zones when there's no reason to go there.

Where was the last time when open world missions had real incentive to play them? Gear, tokens?

Where was the last time when open world bosses also had it (and that's provided one's lucky enough to find them)?

Where is the lair review?

Where's is gain in going to zones?

Player's are not faulty nor are causing anything by not going to other zones when there's no real reason to go there.

Maybe this should be fixed first.

There is a theme of quite a few people repeating things that I am not saying as if I am saying them. Do I need to use caps to get the point across?

I AM NOT SAYING PEOPLE SHOULD GO ANYWHERE AND JUST SIT AROUND DOING NOTHING NOR AM I SAYING PEOPLE SHOULD DO CONTENT THAT THEY DON'T WANT TO DO.

I'll give an example.

Suppose you have done the Desert Crisis zone intro and you really enjoyed it and would like to do it again (I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD DO IT AGAIN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO OR IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT THE FIRST TIME). You actually could do it again on another character and maybe invite some super group members, and/or friends to join you. Likewise with lairs.

If more people do specific content, then there is a chance that more people will like that content, and if more people like that content, their is a chance that their will be more people to speak up for that content and have that content get more resources allocated to it.

All I am saying is people should do (if they can) and support the content that they like. Try to get like minded individuals to also join you especially if you would like a change made in that content like adding updated incentives and reviewing the difficulties/leveling of the content.

Maybe with enough support behind it, the idea would be looked into.
    edited May 2015
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Even if for e.g. there was a sudden huge surge in players doing zone missions instead of alerts, what makes you think that Cryptic has the budget to develop new, similar content?

One constant is clear: The ZEN store. New lockboxes, costume sets and vehicles keep popping up in the store so that's an indication that players are influencing the kind of attention and resources put into developing these items, and only because it's within their budget to. New bite-size content like alerts seem to be the only things within their budget to create. The direction that this game is going in (and has been going in for a long time) is already clear-cut and isn't going to change soon.

If there was a "HUGE" surge of people doing zone missions, this could imply that we have a huge surge of incoming players which could be a new source of income which could increase Cryptic's budget and development. :tongue:

But besides that, this is underestimating our power and potential influence as the consumers. It seems even the Devs underestimate the resource they have in us.

1. Many of us have at least some knowledge of the limited resources our Dev team have to work with at this moment.
    2. We as Players have asked for certain things (ex foundry) and have been told that it is not possible with our current game engine.
    3. We as Players have asked for certain things (ex bug fixes to hero games, and updates to content), but have heard no responses in regards to them.

Why not start a kickstarter or gofundme or something to raise the funds for specific things people want? If people want a foundry, tell them how much it will cost for the engine needed and everything else. Then see if they put their money where their mouth is. It should also be said what will be done with the money if the goal is not reach before hand (whether it will be rolled over to start a new fundraiser for the same cause with modified total amount, or if it will be used for another project and specify the project.)

There could also be different price points listed. I will use the Hero Games for example. At the lowest price point, could be fixing the team hero games queues. Then there could be improving the zombie apocalypse designation of entering as a survivor vs zombie. Then could come Fixing the turrets in Stronghold Prison. Then could come reviewing/updating the obstacles and leaders in Stronghold Prison. Then adding another map to rotate in B.A.S.H. Highest Price point could be adding a new and different hero game.

Doing this would put the responsibility on the players to support financially what they want to see done in the game specifically. As it is now, when you buy something in the z store, you really don't know what that is being used for. Maybe just to keep the game running? There may be people out there who aren't interested in buying anything from z store, but would actually support something specifically being done in the game. Why not give them the opportunity to pay for specifically what they want?

The Devs can also advertise these fundraisers in game (using something similar to what they use to warn people about a server check coming soon since that message shows everywhere pretty much.) If people do not support a particular cause, than there will be a tangible reason why we do not have it. It was not supported financially by the community.

If the Devs would stop being so Cryptic about what is going on, and started being upfront and transparent with the players, they might just get the resources they need to give the players what they want.
    edited May 2015
    If there was a "HUGE" surge of people doing zone missions, this could imply that we have a huge surge of incoming players which could be a new source of income which could increase Cryptic's budget and development. :tongue:

You misunderstood what I was trying to say. I said surge of people doing missions instead of alerts. I wasn't specifically referring to a huge surge of new players. The point I was getting at with my post is that the development manhours and resources involved in making an entirely new zone aren't justified considering the state of things.
    1. Many of us have at least some knowledge of the limited resources our Dev team have to work with at this moment.
    2. We as Players have asked for certain things (ex foundry) and have been told that it is not possible with our current game engine.
    3. We as Players have asked for certain things (ex bug fixes to hero games, and updates to content), but have heard no responses in regards to them.

Why not start a kickstarter or gofundme or something to raise the funds for specific things people want? If people want a foundry, tell them how much it will cost for the engine needed and everything else. Then see if they put their money where their mouth is. It should also be said what will be done with the money if the goal is not reach before hand (whether it will be rolled over to start a new fundraiser for the same cause with modified total amount, or if it will be used for another project and specify the project.)

I'm pretty sure Kickstarter is exclusively used only for "starting" projects, hence the name, by independent developers. CO isn't a starting project and has been in the market for a few years now, not to mention Cryptic isn't an indie company and is under PWE that's overseeing their budgeting.
    edited May 2015
    You misunderstood what I was trying to say. I said surge of people doing missions instead of alerts. I wasn't specifically referring to a huge surge of new players. The point I was getting at with my post is that the development manhours and resources involved in making an entirely new zone aren't justified considering the state of things.
    Ok. If there was a huge surge of people doing missions instead of doing alerts, then the manhours and resources allocated for alerts would probably go into missions and the zones. Which could mean updates to the things within the zones like lairs and also maybe updating their drops and possibly moving top tier gear to zones rather than alerts or just making another path to getting top tier gear through zones. It still would probably boil down to more attention being shown to the content that people were actually showing interest in, even if they did not have the resources to make a new zone. If they did have the resources though, or acquired the resources somehow, adding a new zone would probably be higher on the priority list if the current zones were being used significantly as opposed to where adding a new zone would be on the priority list if the current zones were not being used significantly.

I'm pretty sure Kickstarter is exclusively used only for "starting" projects, hence the name, by independent developers. CO isn't a starting project and has been in the market for a few years now, not to mention Cryptic isn't an indie company and is under PWE that's overseeing their budgeting.

You are focusing on "Kickstarter" when the point of what I said is for them to specifically let the players know what it would cost for certain things to be done and then for them to give the players the opportunity to pay for the things that they want. To have fundraisers designated for specific projects that players want, but are not in the budget provided by PWE. If PWE sees that CO is getting more support financially for different projects, they may feel the need to allocate more devs to CO, widen the budget, etc.

Just throwing some ideas out there in hopes of maybe actually finding a solution to a problem or having a discussion that leads to something productive and forward thinking. Instead of building upon each others' ideas and helping each other which in turn could help the community, some people seem content with trying to tear down, alienate, and/or just "own" others, while other people seem to feel powerless in getting what they want out of this game. The state of this game has made quite a few people apathetic and cynical (if they weren't already that way before they got here.)

Anyways, I actually no longer care if anything is done with the hero games or not. I also do not care if there are new zones added or updates to the existing zones. This was just one last duel in a different part of the forums, just to see if a different build would be used here.

Nope, same frankenbuild.
    gg
    You win!